Reaper Problems, not finding drums
jstcrsn
Jul 17 2014, 01:12 PM
Learning Tone Master
Reaper can't find ez drummer, Midi file is there .Want to proceed carefully so I don't mess up the 20 or so songs I was working on.
[attachment=38011:Screenshot__1_.png]
is it as simple as reinstalling , or are there things I need to do so that it puts things back in place ?

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 17 2014, 01:23 PM
GMC:er
Does the plug-in stay open or force close when you click ok?

I would check the settings if you can view them and see if the paths match up to the sound banks before I would even think of re-installing. I honestly would say re-installing in the same paths shouldn't hurt it, but I'm not 100% sure as I've never had that issue before.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 17 2014, 04:25 PM
Moonkey is spot on smile.gif I'd suggest reinstalling EZ Drummer if you get that error again after checking the path. Sounds like your library is either not being seen by ez (path check should fix that) or isn't there anymore (reinstall should fix that)

QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Jul 17 2014, 08:23 AM) *

I would check the settings if you can view them and see if the paths match up to the sound banks before I would even think of re-installing. I honestly would say re-installing in the same paths shouldn't hurt it, but I'm not 100% sure as I've never had that issue before.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 18 2014, 12:08 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Jul 17 2014, 01:23 PM) *

does not have to force close, I tried reinstalling and my computer said"already installed on this computer , would you like to fix". I fixed,said it fixed it, midi is fine everything is in place, just no sound, tried opening new file using my drum template,it opened with midi file with no sound.
I added it again to vst folder - effects folder says its in there

any other ideas ?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 18 2014, 05:15 AM
Quick question. Are you launching EZ drummer INSIDE of your daw? Or are you launching EZ drummer THEN launching your DAW?

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 17 2014, 07:08 PM) *
does not have to force close, I tried reinstalling and my computer said"already installed on this computer , would you like to fix". I fixed,said it fixed it, midi is fine everything is in place, just no sound, tried opening new file using my drum template,it opened with midi file with no sound.
I added it again to vst folder - effects folder says its in there

any other ideas ?

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 18 2014, 12:05 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 18 2014, 05:15 AM) *
Quick question. Are you launching EZ drummer INSIDE of your daw? Or are you launching EZ drummer THEN launching your DAW?

I create a midi file with each drum having its own chanel/volume,So when I open Reaper,it has always loaded(most of the time),I think reaper is not the problem but EZ Drummer is not reading the file or finding its sounds but I don't know how to fix

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 18 2014, 12:51 PM
All your tracks with EZ listed, is the FX routed to EZ's plugin? Maybe have updated Reaper and it could have reset them.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 18 2014, 01:15 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Jul 18 2014, 12:51 PM) *
All your tracks with EZ listed, is the FX routed to EZ's plugin? Maybe have updated Reaper and it could have reset them.
is this what you mean
[attachment=38020:Screenshot__3_.png]
in that blank box it showed the routing , it just didn't show up on print screen

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 18 2014, 09:54 PM
If it's a "path" issue, it means ez drummer simply lost where the files were or there simply are not there anymore. What happens when you launch EZ drummer in STAND ALONE MODE without the daw? Can it find sounds then?

Also, I"m assuming here that this is a legit copy and such? WAREZ copies are prone to all manner of problems. sad.gif

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 18 2014, 07:05 AM) *
I create a midi file with each drum having its own chanel/volume,So when I open Reaper,it has always loaded(most of the time),I think reaper is not the problem but EZ Drummer is not reading the file or finding its sounds but I don't know how to fix

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 18 2014, 11:12 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 18 2014, 09:54 PM) *
If it's a "path" issue, it means ez drummer simply lost where the files were or there simply are not there anymore. What happens when you launch EZ drummer in STAND ALONE MODE without the daw? Can it find sounds then?

Also, I"m assuming here that this is a legit copy and such? WAREZ copies are prone to all manner of problems. sad.gif
it is a legit download bought from there website and it will launch in stand alone

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 19 2014, 07:30 PM
Have you contacted the folks @ EZ drummer through their SUPPORT? Since you have a valid license you can get direct support from the folks who actually made the software. It's always a good idea to try the forums as they are a quick way to get great info smile.gif But it sounds like you should also contact support ASAP.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 18 2014, 06:12 PM) *
it is a legit download bought from there website and it will launch in stand alone

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 19 2014, 07:35 PM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 21 2014, 11:14 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 19 2014, 07:30 PM) *
Have you contacted the folks @ EZ drummer through their SUPPORT? Since you have a valid license you can get direct support from the folks who actually made the software. It's always a good idea to try the forums as they are a quick way to get great info smile.gif But it sounds like you should also contact support ASAP.
I did and heard back from them.Actually was not a EZ problem but, just needed to right click reaper upon opening it ,and change reaper setting to open as administrator

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 21 2014, 06:22 PM
Nice smile.gif

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 21 2014, 06:14 AM) *
I did and heard back from them.Actually was not a EZ problem but, just needed to right click reaper upon opening it ,and change reaper setting to open as administrator

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:12 PM