What Song Has Your Favorite Guitar Tone In It?
Gabriel Leopardi
May 24 2019, 03:09 PM
Instructor

What song has your favorite guitar tone in it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 24 2019, 05:28 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Great list and topic! cool.gif I love Beato's channel. To me Brian May's lead tone is one of the best ever but as usual I can never be pinned down to 1 absolute favorite. I talked about King's X here in another thread recently and other times over the years and this album and indeed many of their albums have some really great sonic candy. Even the bass tone on this song is of some of the heaviest I have ever heard. I will post a link to the entire album too. In my opinion this band is one of the greatest sounding power trio's ever.

Full album
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF6E...KxabUo6Rty6F3ZW

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AK Rich: May 24 2019, 06:38 PM

+Quote Post
verciazghra
May 25 2019, 07:28 PM
GMC:er
I think manhattan by eric johnson has both my favorite clean and distorted tone(in that genre at least). It's a boring answer I know. sad.gif

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 26 2019, 10:02 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (verciazghra @ May 25 2019, 08:28 PM) *
I think manhattan by eric johnson has both my favorite clean and distorted tone(in that genre at least). It's a boring answer I know. sad.gif

EJ's lead tone on that album and Ah Via Musicom is still unmatched to this day - it's in a category of its own for sure!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 26 2019, 04:14 PM
QUOTE (verciazghra @ May 25 2019, 07:28 PM) *

+1 In a more guitar driven song. Eric's definitely one of my favorite.

But as of late, I know its kinda pop'ish song. But I absolutely adore this kind of guitar tone and is something I am really trying to get.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Adam
May 26 2019, 04:58 PM
Learning Roadie
I don't think one should copy others' tone/style/etc because that's not how you discover your own game. But if I were to pick one I like the most, then it's Marty Friedman's modern tone. Probably his signature pups do a major work here because they are really unique in design.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 27 2019, 03:44 AM
As everyone knows, most tone is in the fingers. But as far as overall tone that really gets my blood going, it's a pretty simple thing. Early CARCASS for or CORROSION OF CONFORMITY for rythm, and probably Steve Vai for Lead Tone.

Just heavy crushing tone that still sounds great to this day even though it was recorded decades ago.
and of course vote with a bullet.

These two bands and the tone they achieved had a huge impact on what is considered "Heavy" for years to come.

For lead, Mr Vai has a pretty good grip on it imho.

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 28 2019, 01:42 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I don't have a single favourite but I love this one, Gilmour's Strat sounds incredible.

https://youtu.be/cWGE9Gi0bB0

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
May 29 2019, 08:39 AM
Learning Roadie
Andy Timmons has a great tone which is quite hard to emulate. I found out from a video of his rig, that he does use his volume knob a lot in creating a lower gain tone from his mid/high gain tone.

I love Mateus Asato's tone, a lot of that (as with many others) is in part his fingers and technique.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 29 2019, 03:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (verciazghra @ May 25 2019, 03:28 PM) *

His tone is totally amazing. Regarding newer guitarists... I love Nick's lead tone:

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:36 AM