Ngd, SnapDragon
Phil66
May 24 2019, 09:17 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Well it's here, it's going to take some time to settle down and bed in. I've got to get used to NOT putting my arm on top of the neck when making adjustments on my computer, (Helix edit, video, Reaper etc) because the neck folds down laugh.gif At first I thought it was very poor tuning stability but it was me putting a bit of weight on the neck. I reckon the design could be improved there, maybe a peg to put into a hole when the neck is in place. There is a hard stop to stop it going the other way once it is rotated into position. See last video wink.gif

It will take a bit of time to get used to but I think it's going to be great for practise when I'm away.

https://youtu.be/imcuowkyD18

https://youtu.be/iYFLDpWXb5w

https://youtu.be/vEEfMaswNsA

https://youtu.be/6ENa-J7b4vk

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 24 2019, 10:55 PM
GMC:er
Whoa I wasn't expecting it to be as big as a strat nor sounding half as good as you posted, must say your shares gives a much better idea than the website.

Congrats!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 25 2019, 07:55 AM
Thanks buddy,

I think I could get it sounding better, I just used patches that I already have in my Helix LT, a bit of customisation for that guitar is all it needs BUT I won't spend time doing it because it's not going to be used all that much.

I did surprise me in two ways, how small it is in the bag and how big it is when assembled wink.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 25 2019, 10:47 AM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 24 2019, 08:17 PM) *

Coolest whammy effect biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 25 2019, 03:39 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ May 25 2019, 09:47 AM) *
Coolest whammy effect biggrin.gif

Yeah laugh.gif I had my Line 6 G10 in and it had gone into standby then it detected sound and it was whammy time cool.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 25 2019, 09:15 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 25 2019, 08:29 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Nice luggage, Phil! Congrats! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 25 2019, 09:17 PM
Thanks Rich,

It's no SRV Strat by any stretch of the imagination but I love it for what it is. It does keep going it if tune but it's fresh out if the factory and brand new unplayed strings. If it doesn't settle down they can have a look at it wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 26 2019, 10:05 AM
GMC Founder
Very cool demo thanks Phil - it looks like a super interesting instrument. Love the "whammy" trick at the end as well.

It does seem to balance well and sound good - which are two major checkboxes for a travel/compact instrument.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 26 2019, 10:58 AM
Thanks Kris,

It's great, it takes a bit of time to adjust to it but it's not like playing toy guitar. It feels very new, which it is, the frets don't feel super smooth but that can be sorted, the fretboard feels very dry but that too can be sorted.

I would definitely recommend one, you just have to accept its limitations wink.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 26 2019, 11:59 AM
I was thinking if that tone can be taken an advantage. Cause of the body being small, core tone isn't thick which can be an advantage for shred type tones.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 26 2019, 05:51 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 24 2019, 12:17 PM) *
Well it's here, it's going to take some time to settle down and bed in. I've got to get used to NOT putting my arm on top of the neck when making adjustments on my computer, (Helix edit, video, Reaper etc) because the neck folds down laugh.gif At first I thought it was very poor tuning stability but it was me putting a bit of weight on the neck. I reckon the design could be improved there, maybe a peg to put into a hole when the neck is in place. There is a hard stop to stop it going the other way once it is rotated into position. See last video wink.gif

It will take a bit of time to get used to but I think it's going to be great for practise when I'm away.
https://youtu.be/6ENa-J7b4vk

You would think that there would be some kind of lockout and release to keep the neck in a more stable playing position. You are right. Some kind of improvement is needed there but that was pretty cool sounding. cool.gif

This post has been edited by AK Rich: May 26 2019, 05:53 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 30 2019, 03:49 PM
Yeah, personally, I would have a sliding mechanism for the side that has no stop to lock it into place, it would probably be more stable too.

Unfortunately the guitar has to go back, it just wouldn't hold tune, I stretched the strings etc but no no no. I left it in my studio for two days assembled, I played it for around fifteen minutes and it stayed in tune, "Great!" I thought, it's settled down, I folded the neck down, folded it back out, it was slightly out of tune as expected, I played about 4 bars of a solo with bends and it was out, some flat some sharp.

It's a shame because the concept is great.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 30 2019, 03:50 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 30 2019, 04:12 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 30 2019, 02:49 PM) *

Too bad but yeah I remember we did talk about that cause of the neck folding thing. You could check that topic again as I mentioned 1-2 other options.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 30 2019, 10:41 PM
Thanks Mertay,

The Snapaxe is only 22" (56cm) long in the bag, perfect to put in a rucksack along with other stuff as you're only allowed one item of hand luggage each.

I haven't found anything close sad.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:38 AM