8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Blacker Than Black Collab, Extreme Metal Collaboration !
AK Rich
Nov 29 2012, 09:41 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Nov 29 2012, 09:39 AM) *
Haha. Yes. Love the beginning.

Great job by everybody on all the takes, I'm sorry I missed this one. I know the final product will be brutal.

Thanks Greg, I had a hard time coming up with anything other than sound effects for this one.Sorry you missed this one hopefully we will see you on the next one smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 29 2012, 09:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Nov 29 2012, 06:21 PM) *
Awesome! That is exactly the effect I was looking for! smile.gif The opening riff just made me think that an attack was immenent ph34r.gif

It was !! I grabbed loads of supplies and headed for the shelter ! ph34r.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Nov 30 2012, 08:19 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Hey Ben I just thought I would render the Siren portion of my take without the additional solo just in case you only wanted to use that part. If not no biggie , just thought I would throw it out there.

[attachment=29698:Dark_Matter_Sirens.mp3]

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 30 2012, 09:44 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Nov 28 2012, 09:02 PM) *
Oh man! mellow.gif Theres not a few hours left before the deadline? Here is my take anyways whether you use it or not ,I may as well post it so it doesnt go to waste smile.gif

[attachment=29680:Dark_Matter.mp3]

[attachment=29681:Dark_Matter_NB.mp3]

This should be the universal sound of all air raid and warning sirens everywhere from now on biggrin.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Nov 30 2012, 09:52 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 29 2012, 11:44 PM) *
This should be the universal sound of all air raid and warning sirens everywhere from now on biggrin.gif

Hahhaaa you are too kind Bleez, Feel free to use it to scare your neighbors biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 2 2012, 06:12 PM
Instructor
FINAL MIX - HERE IT IS !!!

Attached File  Blacker_than_Black_Collab_Final_Mix.mp3 ( 8.71MB ) Number of downloads: 172

And here is the horrible cast in this dark and terrible tale, order of appearance :

Slavenko
Dieter
Todd
WeePee
Llibach
Bleez
Patrik
Grace
DeGroot
Saddlefall
Gitarrero
Hungry
Ninjastorm
Opetholic
AK Rich

I've kept everything rough and necro in the spirit of true black metal...

I'm surprised at 2 things:

1. How surprisingly listenable this is considering it's basically a 5 min long series of evil solos over a repeating riff !! laugh.gif
2. How many of you guys got involved.... it's great !

Hope you like it ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
gregc1
Dec 2 2012, 06:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
BRUTAL. I felt like I was on an intense mushroom trip just listening to it.

Phenomenal jobs guys! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 2 2012, 06:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Dec 2 2012, 05:51 PM) *
BRUTAL. I felt like I was on an intense mushroom trip just listening to it.

Phenomenal jobs guys! cool.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 2 2012, 07:26 PM
Instructor
Slavenko - evil take ! The ultra noisy tone adds authenticity smile.gif Love those descending hammer-ons too.. they give an atonal feel which helps create a dark and unsettling vibe.
Dieter - Love the semi-tones at the beginning. It's like the 'Jaws' theme ! cool.gif
WeePee - Great intro to this solo - the tremelo picked 5th works so well. And that Friedman bend.. nice work !!
Llibach - More good use of alternate picking single notes. A gret trick over these super fast backing. Another good thing is using it as a powerful 'entrance' before slightly changing gear in the second half and pacing the phrasing differently. Nice.. all because of a waterfall somewhere in Wales ! wink.gif
Bleez - What can I say about this excellent solo ? Those phrases make me think of a woman screaming and running away from spiders and the spiders just keep coming, crawling at a worryingly fast speed.... Genius !
Patrik - Brilliant pacing of the phrases and wicked use of harmonies.. just the kind of thing that works over this. And that whammy bar dive as the riff changes is just perfect !!
Grace - Love this one too.. very creepy. Reminds me of an Egyptian tomb !! Also another great use of harmonies. Are we turning Grace into something evil ??? ohmy.gif
DeGroot - I swear you recorded this in a Norwegian graveyard !! Perfect ! Those chiming semi distorted chords are like demonic bells clanging at midnight !
Saddlefall - This is what it would sound like if Eddie Van Halen were born in Norway, not Holland ! biggrin.gif Love it... very fiery with those taps, and bluesy bends. Is I said before, I like that bright tone, it just cuts through like a knife. A knife in the hands of an evil murderer. ph34r.gif
Gitarrero - I think you found the same graveyard as DeGroot ! Icy tremelo pickied arpeggios are the kind of thing BM is made of.. great work from the Teutonic Titan ! cool.gif
Hungry - This is like a load of evil imps dancing around a fire.. a jaunty and quirky take.. it works really well. It ascends up and up like someone slowly being driven mad !!
Ninjastorm - Congrats on your first collab ! This is a well measured take with good timing. AFter the insanity of all the previous takes this brings a level of normality back to things with the bluesy unison bends ! Well... almost normal.. we wouldn't want full normal would we ?? biggrin.gif
Opetholic - Those tremelo picked notes appear again.. they're proving popular with you guys and for good reason - they work ! I like the way you take it up the neck with those sextuplets ascending in semitones. A very good, Kirk Hammett style trick ! Nice one wink.gif
AK Rich - And to close off the madness with perhaps the maddest take yet - The Alaskan evokes the air raid sirens of WWII and reigns down a Blitzkrieg of guitar death on our ears. A perfect end to a perfect collab !

Now, if you wonder where I am.. you'll find me at the local asylum in a padded cell !! biggrin.gif

Seriously, though.... this was an unexpected thing. Wasn't expecting it to be this popular at all.. it turned out really fun. I think that's why it works, because we don't take it seriously so we can just go at it like a hammer !!

Great work guys, you did yourselves proud.. as always !

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 2 2012, 07:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
HA! That is just insane! its like a bullet train into madness and evil biggrin.gif It sounds totally brilliant!
thanks for the kind words, ben.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 2 2012, 08:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Dec 2 2012, 06:39 PM) *
its like a bullet train into madness and evil biggrin.gif

What a quote !!! I've got to save that somewhere !! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Dec 2 2012, 08:20 PM
GMC:er
Brilliant Tune for the New Week's START!!!

BEST BLACK METAL SONG EVER!!!!!

AAARRRRGHHH NOW I'm POSSESSD BY SATAN !!

666666666....... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 3 2012, 10:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Dec 2 2012, 07:20 PM) *

Glad you like it man !!

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Dec 2 2012, 07:20 PM) *

You mean you weren't already ??? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 3 2012, 12:29 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Dec 2 2012, 08:20 PM) *

Ha, now we know Slav's phone number...
Epic collab, and an even more epic feedback Ben! You should really write your own dark stories. oh wait...
seriously, this was fun. Still waiting for a lame backing track so I can give you the awful take I promised long ago. tongue.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 3 2012, 12:32 PM
Instructor
So did anybody see the song that I made out of this backing, along with TheUncreator's vox and lyrics and Todd's solos ??

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=46960

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Dec 3 2012, 11:29 AM) *
Epic collab, and an even more epic feedback Ben! You should really write your own dark stories. oh wait...
seriously, this was fun. Still waiting for a lame backing track so I can give you the awful take I promised long ago. tongue.gif

I'll keep trying to write a lame backing... but.. it.. just.. won't.. let.. me..... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 3 2012, 06:20 PM
The killer takes just keep coming! This Collab has EXPLODED!!! How awesome is that smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Dec 3 2012, 08:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
What a great collab ! WE Girly and Boys are real EVIL mad.gif

its time to get my old dark clothes out of the grave , i hope i find them huh.gif

this again was a great experience and lots of fun !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Grace
Dec 4 2012, 12:30 AM
Woooaahhh that's probably the song that the Joker from Batman must hear in his head all the time!!! Haha that was flippin awesome!!!! And thanks Ben! biggrin.gif maybe I could be Joker's wife now tongue.gif

--------------------
BRUUUUUTAL GRIM DEATH NINJA OF THE FROZEN NORTH!!!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 4 2012, 01:12 AM
BRAVO on how this turned out! I put a big reply in the thread itself. I can't wait to see how you squeeze all two dozen solos in to the collab version!!

Todd

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 3 2012, 06:32 AM) *
So did anybody see the song that I made out of this backing, along with TheUncreator's vox and lyrics and Todd's solos ??

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=46960

I'll keep trying to write a lame backing... but.. it.. just.. won't.. let.. me..... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Dec 4 2012, 02:23 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
ph34r.gif OMG You people are all insane!!! ph34r.gif Seek help immediately!! ph34r.gif
laugh.gif That was just about the sickest 5 minutes of maniacal madness I have ever heard! The Hellhounds were off the chain on this one! biggrin.gif
Congrats everyone! cool.gif
Thanks alot Ben your words are far too kind! smile.gif I just hid behind my guitar sound fx tongue.gif
But did you notice I used Blues licks ?(Well the Bues scale anyways<_< ) like you suggested in your opening post for this collab?
Its all E minor Blues except for one note at the end I think biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:48 AM