2 Pages V   1 2 >  
2016 Goals!
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 4 2016, 03:19 PM
Instructor
As a continuation to THIS topic, the question now is:

What are your goals for this new year?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 4 2016, 03:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
To make an EP
I worked so much 2015 so I dont have to work until the summer

This cause I want to do stuff like record and EP and get more time to meet women and physical training

So these are my goals smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Jan 4 2016, 03:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lester
Jan 4 2016, 03:50 PM
Learning Roadie
Ah, resolutions! biggrin.gif

My first goal would be just to practice more consistently. I am so busy and all over the place sometimes...I need to fix that rolleyes.gif

Other than that, I would just like to do some more music projects. I was thinking about starting a band again with a few friends, which I have done before.
I miss playing in a band!

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jan 4 2016, 04:04 PM
Learning Roadie
- Practice, drilling, be better at guitar of course !

- maybe buy a DEAN dave mustain signature guitar (angel of deth)

- finish the lesson #18 for Todd.... and continue

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Jan 4 2016, 04:05 PM

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 4 2016, 06:45 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Get my current two lessons finished, restructure my practice sessions, learn some theory and apply that theory to some playing.
Take small steps of progression rather than large ones that are too big and make learning tedious.
Buy some more gear, gotta get some more gear, really need some more gear smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 4 2016, 07:21 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
No goals rellay. I just want to play and feel good about my playing

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jan 4 2016, 07:33 PM
Learning Roadie
#1 reclaim my sleep schedule back after doing overnights. Terrible insomnia, I've been up for 30hrs already as I write this sad.gif

#2 Develop my tapping and legato extensively

#3 Don't die tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jan 5 2016, 12:38 PM
Learning Tone Master
Definitely this year I will keep the same tactic as in the past 2 years and a half, which works great for me. I will follow all the steps that already Darek has prepared for me. I always come with a harshly style of guitar practice and he comes with a strategy (which never fails) for a fast progress smile.gif
Overall the things will look like this:
- my main focus always will be on lessons and techniques
- each year a new difficulty level for lessons
- I will try to increase more the speed of playing
- new steps in mixing and video editing. I want a new concept for my videos but unfortunately this can't be applied for the REC takes and my priority will be the REC takes. But... if I will have time to finish one of the stuff that I already started to work definitely I will come with a different video editing look wink.gif
- much more complex improvisations

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 5 2016, 01:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jan 4 2016, 11:35 AM) *
To make an EP
I worked so much 2015 so I dont have to work until the summer

This cause I want to do stuff like record and EP and get more time to meet women and physical training

So these are my goals smile.gif

Cool goals! Do you have any songs for the EP yet?

QUOTE (Lester @ Jan 4 2016, 11:50 AM) *
Ah, resolutions! biggrin.gif

My first goal would be just to practice more consistently. I am so busy and all over the place sometimes...I need to fix that rolleyes.gif

Other than that, I would just like to do some more music projects. I was thinking about starting a band again with a few friends, which I have done before.
I miss playing in a band!

Playing in a band is like a second music school (GMC is the first in this case smile.gif ). Go for it!

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jan 4 2016, 12:04 PM) *
- Practice, drilling, be better at guitar of course !

- maybe buy a DEAN dave mustain signature guitar (angel of deth)

- finish the lesson #18 for Todd.... and continue

Laurent

Great! Keep going mate. 2015 has been a very productive year for you.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 4 2016, 02:45 PM) *
Get my current two lessons finished, restructure my practice sessions, learn some theory and apply that theory to some playing.
Take small steps of progression rather than large ones that are too big and make learning tedious.
Buy some more gear, gotta get some more gear, really need some more gear smile.gif

Interesting Phil. You know that you can count with me to help you to restructure your practice sessions and choose gear.

QUOTE (superize @ Jan 4 2016, 03:21 PM) *
No goals rellay. I just want to play and feel good about my playing

I would consider it a nice goal. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Chris S. @ Jan 4 2016, 03:33 PM) *
#1 reclaim my sleep schedule back after doing overnights. Terrible insomnia, I've been up for 30hrs already as I write this sad.gif

#2 Develop my tapping and legato extensively

#3 Don't die tongue.gif

I'm sorry to hear about insomnia mate. Have you gone to the doctor?

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Jan 5 2016, 08:38 AM) *
Definitely this year I will keep the same tactic as in the past 2 years and a half, which works great for me. I will follow all the steps that already Darek has prepared for me. I always come with a harshly style of guitar practice and he comes with a strategy (which never fails) for a fast progress smile.gif
Overall the things will look like this:
- my main focus always will be on lessons and techniques
- each year a new difficulty level for lessons
- I will try to increase more the speed of playing
- new steps in mixing and video editing. I want a new concept for my videos but unfortunately this can't be applied for the REC takes and my priority will be the REC takes. But... if I will have time to finish one of the stuff that I already started to work definitely I will come with a different video editing look wink.gif
- much more complex improvisations

You keep, keep and keep growing Mónica. It's awesome to see how disciplined and hard worked you are. I'm sure you'll be a very recognized guitarist in some years. Keep going!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 5 2016, 01:51 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 5 2016, 12:31 PM) *
Interesting Phil. You know that you can count with me to help you to restructure your practice sessions and choose gear.

Thanks Gab,
I was half joking about the gear, I have a serious case of gas at the moment as you will see if you check out a couple of my threads in the gear section smile.gif
I'm not too good in the head at the moment, I have a family funeral tomorrow so my attention to playing isn't what it should be. As soon as that is over, the weight will be lifted and I can move forward, we can discuss my routine very very soon, oh yes and gear, we can always discuss gear wink.gif
Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2016, 02:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 5 2016, 09:51 AM) *
Thanks Gab,
I was half joking about the gear, I have a serious case of gas at the moment as you will see if you check out a couple of my threads in the gear section smile.gif
I'm not too good in the head at the moment, I have a family funeral tomorrow so my attention to playing isn't what it should be. As soon as that is over, the weight will be lifted and I can move forward, we can discuss my routine very very soon, oh yes and gear, we can always discuss gear wink.gif
Cheers

I'm sorry to hear about this mate. Ok, let's talk later.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MountainThistle
Jan 18 2016, 03:38 PM
GMC:er
My past years were mostly about enhancing other spheres of my life (job, sports, knowledge and travels) and now I badly want 2016 to be my GMC year.

In fact, I have certain goals to achieve by the end of 2016:

- being able to play [min.5 max.7] level videolessons at gmc (now its around 3)
- cooperate and get to know other musicians with similar inspirations, as it's vital for my every day motivation
- start with music theory and be able to compose&play some simple songs of my own
- make music lessons part of my every day life

Let the show begin!

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jan 18 2016, 04:46 PM
Learning Roadie
Great! Keep going mate. 2015 has been a very productive year for you.

Yes, 2015 was a good guitar stuff year for me

in 2016 , i'll focus more on rythm too, i really lake of !

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 18 2016, 05:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
Play and compose more!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 18 2016, 05:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MountainThistle @ Jan 18 2016, 11:38 AM) *
My past years were mostly about enhancing other spheres of my life (job, sports, knowledge and travels) and now I badly want 2016 to be my GMC year.

In fact, I have certain goals to achieve by the end of 2016:

- being able to play [min.5 max.7] level videolessons at gmc (now its around 3)
- cooperate and get to know other musicians with similar inspirations, as it's vital for my every day motivation
- start with music theory and be able to compose&play some simple songs of my own
- make music lessons part of my every day life

Let the show begin!

Interesting plan mate! Have you started? How is it going?

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 18 2016, 01:41 PM) *
Play and compose more!

Nice! The first idea that you've shared at the mentoring thread is very promising. I hope to hear more stuff from you soon.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MountainThistle
Jan 18 2016, 06:20 PM
GMC:er
Yes, I plan to upload three lessons in my Gab's Army thread very soon smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 19 2016, 01:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MountainThistle @ Jan 18 2016, 02:20 PM) *
Yes, I plan to upload three lessons in my Gab's Army thread very soon smile.gif

Great, looking forward them.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 19 2016, 09:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
I FINALLY GOT A BASS so now I have no excuses to finish many projects , however 2 of my projects are the trooper and aces high. Right now trying to gallop (like Harris) on a thick bass string for four or five minutes is impossible(i can only manage about half the song till my arm falls off ).
So... hopefully I will be able to last that long with a pick and improve my speed picking with my fingers till i can play it either way

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jan 19 2016, 11:02 PM
Learning Roadie
yeah jstcrsn !!!

I need a bass too !!

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 20 2016, 04:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 19 2016, 05:51 PM) *
I FINALLY GOT A BASS so now I have no excuses to finish many projects , however 2 of my projects are the trooper and aces high. Right now trying to gallop (like Harris) on a thick bass string for four or five minutes is impossible(i can only manage about half the song till my arm falls off ).
So... hopefully I will be able to last that long with a pick and improve my speed picking with my fingers till i can play it either way

Congrats on your new bass! Playing like Harris? That's a cool new goal!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:39 AM