Game Of Thrones, The wait is too much
PosterBoy
Jun 11 2012, 06:24 AM
Learning Roadie
As most of you , my wife and I are really enjoying the Game of Thrones series, but the year long wait for the next season is too much, so I have all the books on their way!!!

Now we'll just have to fight over who starts them first!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 16)
Opetholic
Jun 11 2012, 08:17 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jun 11 2012, 05:24 AM) *
As most of you , my wife and I are really enjoying the Game of Thrones series, but the year long wait for the next season is too much, so I have all the books on their way!!!

I have finished all the books that came out so far smile.gif I started reading this series a long long time ago, maybe 7-8 years. I was telling everyone that I am reading this really cool story and no one gave a scheiss biggrin.gif And then they made a TV series and now everyone is hooked smile.gif

If you think the wait for the series is too much, think of the readers, we had to wait for the 5th book for 4 years or so smile.gif

By the way, the series is not called A Game of Thrones! A Game of Thrones is the name of the first book. The second is A Clash of Kings, the third A Storm of Swords, fourth A Feast for Crows and the fifth A Dance with Dragons. The series all together is called A Song of Ice and Fire!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Jun 11 2012, 08:43 AM
Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star
I'm also reading the books, as I couldn't wait a year after the first season. The second season is a lot less true to the book, so I would recommend to read the second book, a Clash of Kings, before starting the third one.
The second season was kind of a deception. The books are so great.

--------------------
�Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.�
― Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 11 2012, 11:41 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I haven't read the books, because I discovered the series first, and like it so much that I don't want to know what will happen. Maybe I'm missing out on the books, but the show is top notch!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jun 11 2012, 01:29 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 11 2012, 10:17 AM) *
By the way, the series is not called A Game of Thrones! A Game of Thrones is the name of the first book. The second is A Clash of Kings, the third A Storm of Swords, fourth A Feast for Crows and the fifth A Dance with Dragons. The series all together is called A Song of Ice and Fire!!!

How cool names !!

I have been watching only 1 seasons few episodes. Looks okay but not my thing. Maybe the books...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 11 2012, 04:06 PM
Instructor
I found out about the series at the beginning of last year and then I said, hey, why not try the books - it was the same with Lord of The Rings back in 2001 biggrin.gif

The world I have discovered by reading the books was just WOW! I loved every chapter and soon grew fond of the characters and followed them through rise and demise as well wink.gif yes I know a lot which the folks who have not read the books don't laugh.gif

Do any of you guys have any idea regarding the release date of the 6th book?

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 11 2012, 04:09 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 11 2012, 03:06 PM) *
Do any of you guys have any idea regarding the release date of the 6th book?

The fifth book came out only last year and it was about 4 years after the 4th one. The new books keep coming later and later so I am guessing there is at least another 4-5 years for the 6th book. Also keep in mind that the 4th and the 5th books were originally planned to be one book, but George Martin kept writing a lot and it was impossible to fit things in one book. I am saying this because that means a lot of the material for the 5th was already there and even then it took 4 years to finish it.. So yea we have to wait a lot sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jun 11 2012, 04:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
Just got the first book 2 weeks ago, for my birthday.
It wasn't on my wishlist, but it's ok with surprises.

My girlfriend just started reading it, I don't think I'll take the time before september, when I go on holiday

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Jun 11 2012, 04:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 11 2012, 11:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 11 2012, 03:09 PM) *
The fifth book came out only last year and it was about 4 years after the 4th one. The new books keep coming later and later so I am guessing there is at least another 4-5 years for the 6th book. Also keep in mind that the 4th and the 5th books were originally planned to be one book, but George Martin kept writing a lot and it was impossible to fit things in one book. I am saying this because that means a lot of the material for the 5th was already there and even then it took 4 years to finish it.. So yea we have to wait a lot sad.gif

I will go bananas if I have to wait that long.... sad.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2012, 12:37 AM
Instructor
I haven't seen this one, neither read the books. My brother said me that I should check the series... but now that I read this thread it seems that I should read the book first...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 12 2012, 03:41 AM
GMC:er
I have to say A FULL YEAR OF WAITING!!!! ARRRRGHGHHHHHGHGHGGH! I just can't stand it. I'm gonna wait to read the books after if I can hold out that long.

IMHO, it's been the best thing on the small screen for quite some time. I can't think of anything in recent memory that I've liked better. IF you have not seen GAME OF THRONES, go download it! IT RAWKS!

Todd

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jun 11 2012, 01:24 AM) *

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 12 2012, 07:20 AM
Learning Roadie
Apparently George's health isn't brilliant and he has told the screen writers his conclusion for the series just incase he isn't around to finish the books himself

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 12 2012, 07:40 AM
Instructor
NO WAY! sad.gif : ( sad.gif WHy the heck do all talented people have to be cornered by death in such important moments?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 8 2012, 01:49 AM
GMC:er
Thats terrible news sad.gif I hope he gets better. Maybe a second series of books and new show and a Trilogy of Feature Films?
I'd pay to see it in the theatre.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 12 2012, 01:40 AM) *
NO WAY! sad.gif : ( sad.gif WHy the heck do all talented people have to be cornered by death in such important moments?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 8 2012, 09:12 AM
Instructor
I dunno Todd, I just want to get to read the books biggrin.gif Have you got to read them?

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Dec 8 2012, 10:24 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
As bad as it sounds I have no hopes that the full cycle will be finished by George. The most I can hope for is that he will find a "suitable" writer, that could end it instead of him, like the Wheel of Time written by Robert Jordan and finished by Brandon Sanderson I think...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 8 2012, 01:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Dec 8 2012, 09:24 AM) *
As bad as it sounds I have no hopes that the full cycle will be finished by George. The most I can hope for is that he will find a "suitable" writer, that could end it instead of him, like the Wheel of Time written by Robert Jordan and finished by Brandon Sanderson I think...

Hey there Marek! How are ya mate? Hope he will get to finish it himself though... Maybe the other guys won't be able to do it, who knows? sad.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:15 PM