2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Attitude!, Just some thoughts...
Gitarrero
Mar 25 2010, 10:47 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
One thing I realised yesterday is: when it comes to guitar playing, it's not only attitude, but also the exact mood or feeling you have when you play a certain piece of music. e.g. I was trying to come up with a nice track for the hobo blues collab by Ivan, but in the last two weeks I was either happy or angry, always full of energy and playing metal and rock stuff when I picked up my guitar. Each time I tried to play a blues, it sounded awful. I hit the right notes, but the feeling wasn't there. Yesterday I felt a bit sad or rather melancholic, and guess what? The blues just felt like the right thing to play, and it totally worked.
So it's not only about attitude, but on top of that your mood and feelings.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Staffy
Mar 25 2010, 10:50 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Mar 25 2010, 01:53 AM) *
Attitude is the main thing, not just attitude on stage, but towards music and life in general, it's a must.

+1 Thats exactly what I meant!!!

QUOTE (Kristian Hyvarinen @ Mar 25 2010, 10:35 AM) *
A really funny thing has been going on. Recently I've been readjusting my way of living so that I can feel I'm doing things the way I want to. And something happened - it feels as if something like 30% of the limitations between my and my guitar just vanished. I feel the guitar. I feel the music. My technique has improved, too, but the main thing is the attitude towards music.

This is amazing.

I'm happy for You man! Thats what its all about - if You're happy with Your life and tries to look positive on things even in the darkest moments of life, this will also reflects in Your playing!!!

//Staffay

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Mar 28 2010, 02:43 AM
Instructor
very good point!

I would add that attitude is not only putting on some weird hat, or wearing some cool hair cut but actually taking the risk of doing something demanding of yourself that could challenge the standard taste from people....

take Dream Theater, they are not a very visual band but to me they have a lot of "attitude" in their music, more than attitude I would call it "feeling"

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 29 2010, 02:52 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Yeah attitude can be expressed in a number of ways. Visual decorations and stuff is just one way. I much more enjoy the one that comes from the way you play an instrument. You can play it softly or really rocking hard and both will transfer a message (attitude).

QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Mar 28 2010, 03:43 AM) *
very good point!

I would add that attitude is not only putting on some weird hat, or wearing some cool hair cut but actually taking the risk of doing something demanding of yourself that could challenge the standard taste from people....

take Dream Theater, they are not a very visual band but to me they have a lot of "attitude" in their music, more than attitude I would call it "feeling"

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:47 PM