Bassguitar, Finding a funky bass
ruben_mcn
Nov 30 2010, 11:35 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey guys..

I´m going to buy a bass,my options are yamaha rbx374 or an squier std jazz bass can anybody tell wich of this too basses is better ?? (they are used i can get the squier+bag+fender rumble 15 w amp for 200 and the yamaha+gigbag for 175)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Nov 30 2010, 05:41 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Nov 30 2010, 05:31 PM
Learning Roadie
bump...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Nov 30 2010, 05:35 PM

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 30 2010, 06:24 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Nov 30 2010, 10:35 AM) *
Hey guys..

I´m going to buy a bass,my options are yamaha rbx374 or an squier std jazz bass can anybody tell wich of this too basses is better ?? (they are used i can get the squier+bag+fender rumble 15 w amp for 200 and the yamaha+gigbag for 175)

Well i would go for yamaha im not a fan of squire at all, but well i think you should try them 1º

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Nov 30 2010, 06:24 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Nielzsz
Nov 30 2010, 06:25 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Nov 30 2010, 06:24 PM) *
Well i would go for yamaha im not a fan of squire at all, but well i think you should try them 1º

Yep, as far as i know, yamaha makes greats basses !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 30 2010, 11:40 PM
GMC:er
I'd have to say go for the Yamaha as well but make sure you play both through your amp or an amp just like yours or as close as possible before you put any money down.

Todd

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 1 2010, 11:04 PM
Instructor
Well these basses are different, Squier one is and J-style bass, with single pickups, and Yamaha has humbuckers? I suggest you try them both. I would say yamaha has less bass, as long as I know, but that Squier is sounding thin to me. I would choose Yamaha since it's more easier to play and to practice, and sound could prove better with better pickups. Try and see what kind of tone your prefer.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:33 AM