New Member :)
wello
Sep 17 2011, 05:15 AM
Learning Roadie
hey GMC'ers biggrin.gif

introducing my self ; my name is wael shalaby i'm from Egypt and 27 years old.. kind of late in my age to decide to take online lessons huh!

well i used to lightly play some easy riffs as a kid then i forgot all about guitar playing, now .. i mean since last year i decided to have a second chance and start over, and guess what.. i think i'm getting better, thats why i'm here..to seek professional help when i'm in need of it to encourage my self

i think my level here would be between 3 and 4, and i think my problem is that i rely on my "good ear" and stupidly still think that (scales and patterns) are boring! I would like to change that, though i think i do some of those patterns without knowing thats a certain scale or pattern!

already started to follow some lessons but didn't uplaod any posts of my trials so far, i like rock style... not too heavy and i welcome listening to all genres from blues, jazz to trance, house through rock and heavy metal, but i guess guitars catched my attention specially

hope my skills can get more better with your help guys..as i've seen some cool lessons b4 registering

biggrin.gif thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 17 2011, 05:24 AM
GMC:er
Welcome to GMC

relying on your ear isn'ta problem but a gift ; D

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 17 2011, 05:28 AM
Learning Roadie
Welcome! Never too late to start learning. And I really love this site. I get encouragement all the time. wink.gif

Have you see Trond's Rock Solo lesson for beginners? It's a personal favorite of mine. I guess that'd be around your style? Not too hard.

Or there's also my personal favorite of ballads, Guitar Loves Piano #3. Piotr currently has 4 lessons in this series.

Hope you thrive well here!!

-Brandon

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Sep 16 2011, 11:24 PM) *
Welcome to GMC

I agree. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2011, 09:43 AM
Instructor
Hi man! Welcome to the site! Feel free to post your entries in the Rec program! That will allow us to give you some feedback and suggest lessons. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 17 2011, 09:52 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Welcome buddy!
It's never too late to come to GMC, I started out on this site when I was 27 myself! I'll admit it, I still don't have that much of a clue about theory and still rely on my ears, but there are worse things. Over time, you'll get a rough overview about theory which will be helpful, but for now you should concentrate on learning fun lessons to keep you motivated. Gabri has a point, the rec program is awesome and easy to use.

See you!

Christian

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Sep 17 2011, 09:52 AM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
wello
Sep 17 2011, 03:24 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks guys for the welcome

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Sep 17 2011, 04:24 AM) *
Welcome to GMC

i hope so, i mean i don't want to exclusively depend on it

QUOTE (thefireball @ Sep 17 2011, 04:28 AM) *
Welcome! Never too late to start learning. And I really love this site. I get encouragement all the time. wink.gif

Have you see Trond's Rock Solo lesson for beginners? It's a personal favorite of mine. I guess that'd be around your style? Not too hard.

Or there's also my personal favorite of ballads, Guitar Loves Piano #3. Piotr currently has 4 lessons in this series.

Hope you thrive well here!!

-Brandon

I agree. smile.gif

u r absolutely right, in fact i started practicing Trond lesson "rock solo" before registering biggrin.gif and now i'll bookmark guitar loves piano.. i think it's easy enough

thx man

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Sep 17 2011, 08:52 AM) *
Welcome buddy!
It's never too late to come to GMC, I started out on this site when I was 27 myself! I'll admit it, I still don't have that much of a clue about theory and still rely on my ears, but there are worse things. Over time, you'll get a rough overview about theory which will be helpful, but for now you should concentrate on learning fun lessons to keep you motivated. Gabri has a point, the rec program is awesome and easy to use.

See you!

Christian

gr8 that thr is some one shares my feelings towards theory stuff biggrin.gif though all lessons here insists that these thing are like foundation ! guess i have to walk through them any way, but sure i already practicing three lessons

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 17 2011, 09:23 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Wael smile.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 17 2011, 10:26 PM
Instructor
It's great that you listen to a lot of genres! Welcome to GMC!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
wello
Sep 19 2011, 12:53 AM
Learning Roadie
thanks guys

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 21 2011, 09:45 AM
Instructor
Welcome aboard Wael! smile.gif

Relying on your ear is good, nothing wrong with that, but nothing wrong with learning couple of patterns either smile.gif

Check out my Pentatonic Workshop Series for learning the pentatonic scale first! smile.gif

Pentatonic Workshop Series

Let us know if you need anything at all - we'll be glad to help you! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 30 2011, 08:22 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Wael! My name is Cosmin and I'm an instructor here smile.gif Feel free to ask anything you'd like to know! We're always here to help and if you want, you can join video chat sessions everyday! Mine is happening each Thursday at 8 o'clock London time!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 17 2011, 03:20 AM
Instructor
Hello! Welcome to GMC!!! It's a great website that you can learn a lot of new thing on!!! Great teachers and great people!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:12 PM