Amorphis/neil Young Style
fkalich
May 27 2009, 02:31 AM
GMC:er
Awhile back Pablo did a lesson on Amorphis style. Actually I know little about them, I assume that the lessons here capture the best out of what artists have to offer, and make it easy, and being naturally lazy, I go that rout. Sort of like reading Cliff Notes rather than the Novel itself.

But I did notice that that Pablo's tune sounds almost exactly like an old Neil Young song called "Like A Hurricane". If Amorphis has a song with this tune, well pretty shameless.

Here is an old video, at about 50 seconds you can hear the same exact tune (just about) as in the Amorphis lesson. Pretty nice video I think, about 30 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KxiEjPCXA8

Way back when somebody at GMC requested a Neil Young lesson. Kris commented he wished that someone could figure out himself how Neil got that sound, that he did not know the answer himself, but would like it if someone could tell him.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
May 27 2009, 03:12 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Your right Frank, sounds a lot like the Neil Young tune. Pablo's lesson sounded to me a key higher with a few variations but real close for sure.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 27 2009, 10:48 AM
Instructor
Yeah it sounds a bit similar, although the riff is different, both melody and rhythm.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Canis
May 27 2009, 11:14 AM
Learning Rock Star
I know Amorphis with all my heart, and I can safely say that they do not have a song that sounds much like the Neil Young one wink.gif

Pablo's lesson doesen't sound like any of their songs either, to be honest (allthough it could remind about "House of Sleep"), but it definetly sounds like something they could do wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 27 2009, 04:31 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Its does remind a little of that tune but its not that similar...I don't know , I should start listening to Amorphis! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 29 2009, 12:48 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
You definitely should, Amorphis rule wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
JVM
May 29 2009, 04:22 PM
Learning Roadie
They sound similar, but there's a lot of difference there too.

I would LOVE a Neil young lesson. Actually, we are pretty limited on our alternative rock and folk music selection. Neil is hugely influential to a lot of musicians, from folk to punk, grunge, and what has become labeled "alternative" rock and metal. He's da man. If we're talking in terms of influence, he's up there with Hendrix I think, not for his guitar antics but his songwriting ability.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:44 PM