New Guitar
Red
Jun 30 2009, 08:54 PM
GMC:er
I have kind of decided to buy this guitar when i get the money from my summer job.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...?sku=515884#new

And I need to know if anyone have ordered from this page before, because I can't find it in Sweden and on this page the price was great + free shipping smile.gif

So is it a reliable place to order from and what do you think about the guitar?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Epiphone SG, a really bad Telecaster (First Electric), Acoustic guitar (Unknown brand).

Amplifier: Marshall MG 30DFX.

Soon to come: Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jun 30 2009, 08:59 PM
whooo! nice guitar, ive always wanted that one. Musicians friend, in my opinion, is a very reliable source. They are a major company who deal with transactions such as these. They are not a small or unknown company. But the price seems a little steep. I guess if u count the paint, the inlays, the craftsmanship with the neck, body, and pickups, it is worth it. I say, get it biggrin.gif it is a powerful beast!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red
Jun 30 2009, 09:01 PM
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Jun 30 2009, 09:59 PM) *
whooo! nice guitar, ive always wanted that one. Musicians friend, in my opinion, is a very reliable source. They are a major company who deal with transactions such as these. They are not a small or unknown company. But the price seems a little steep. I guess if u count the paint, the inlays, the craftsmanship with the neck, body, and pickups, it is worth it. I say, get it biggrin.gif it is a powerful beast!

I think there should be a guitar case included in the price smile.gif but well i don't really care about the price as long as i can afford it.

And btw can someone say how much 999 Dollars would be in Swedish KR? smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Epiphone SG, a really bad Telecaster (First Electric), Acoustic guitar (Unknown brand).

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 30 2009, 09:29 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Nice guitar smile.gif
But there's too many strings for me laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jun 30 2009, 10:41 PM
Learning Tone Master
Sorry to burst your bubble but Musicians Friend only ships to the United States and Canada!

They won't ship to Europe, especially not 4 free as it would cost ~400$ just to ship it!!!!
It would not make sense to buy a Schecter from the united states and get it shipped to Sweden anyways: Sure they are cheaper in the US (1000$= 8000KR) but the shipping cost and the import taxes you would have to pay (another~ 300$) and you're on a total of 1700$ Which is ~13000 in Swedish KR!!!

Your best choice to get a Schecter in Europe (which is difficult as there are almost no importers) is to get it from the German Thomann store (they ship to sweden)

http://www.thomann.de/de/schecter_diamond_...iser_fr_bch.htm

It's 999 Euros in Germany (11000swedish KR) I am sorry but that is the cheapest price possible in Europe for that guitar (I know because I am going to buy the same one without a Tremolo arround christmas this year)

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Jun 30 2009, 10:49 PM
Nice guitar!!. But, what will you do to get it?. Zakk is right. You should solve that problem first

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 30 2009, 11:15 PM
Actually, you can buy it from an Ebay store and get it cheaper than from Thomann smile.gif

Like this: Link!
They ship to europe as well smile.gif

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 1 2009, 03:17 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jul 1 2009, 12:15 AM) *
Actually, you can buy it from an Ebay store and get it cheaper than from Thomann smile.gif

Like this: Link!
They ship to europe as well smile.gif

First of all, that's the non trem version but it's as expensive as the Floyd version! It's 100$ more expensive than at a normal store

Second: The shippment is only free in America, they charge pretty big money for UPS mail to Europe!

Third: You will have to pay import tax on the sale price when it's being shipped which is arround 20% of the guitars price!

In the end you come up with more or less the same price like Thomann or any other store in Europe, but if you buy it from here it's easier to send it back if there are problems with it...

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Xuestor
Jul 1 2009, 04:44 AM
Go with thomann. It's fast easy and will cost you about the same. It will be big import taxes to buy from a non-EU country...

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden

+Quote Post
Red
Jul 1 2009, 01:32 PM
Damn, i was so excited to get it from there sad.gif

But i think that my father talked about buying from Thomann, so it will probably be from there if I can't find it anywhere else.

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 1 2009, 01:58 PM
Well, I've bought 4-5 guitars over the years from USA, and NEVER has the shipping been more than 13-150$
And after shipping and tax, they've been way cheaper than the price of the guitar in Norway smile.gif

I've never had a problem ordering from the states.
Some of the stores I've bought from also sent the guitar as a project guitar with 100$ value so I never paid any tax smile.gif

But it's crazy-expensive here in Norway though, so I'd never order from Thomann or a norwegian store..
If I can't try the guitar I want anyway,m I'd buy from the states smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jul 1 2009, 05:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
Awesome guitar ! If you really want the guitar from the USA, you could just wait for a holiday-trip over there, and take it as hand luggage on the way back ! smile.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jul 1 2009, 08:40 PM
Instructor
Awesome guitar, will it be your first 7-stringer?

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Red
Jul 1 2009, 09:00 PM
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Jul 1 2009, 09:40 PM) *
Awesome guitar, will it be your first 7-stringer?

Yes it will be, I thought mostly about having a guitar with a tremolo.

But then i decided to get other stuff as well like 24 frets, EMG mics, and an extra string smile.gif

Don't think it can be too difficult to get used to it, and in all the reviews I've read about it they say that it was really easy to change from a 6-string to this 7-string.

And it looks like I will buy it from Thomann, doesn't look like I can get it for less then around 11 000 KR.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:49 AM