2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Hi Again And Some Advice Please
liveOASISforever
Jan 9 2021, 03:53 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 8 2021, 06:31 PM) *
PHILL66 got hold of the Ibanez picks and he is in the uk. Ill ask where he got them. I think you can just get them on AMAZON.com in the UK. I got mine on amazon here in the US. smile.gif

If you can't find them, VPICKS makes some great picks.

My signature Vpick (switchblade buffed) is a great choice. The buffed edge made string traverse a breeze.
https://v-picks.com/shop/ols/products/the-switchblade

here is the black hole
https://v-picks.com/shop/ols/products/the-blackhole

A had forgot that I had a v pick screamer. Being enjoying using it over the last few days. Going to order up some new picks and experiment with them.

cheers Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 8 2021, 07:31 PM) *
That link I gave show that they are indeed in stock.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NDW2...=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah its showing that they are in stock with me. Going to order some up. Cheers Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 10 2021, 12:44 AM
The SCREAMER is a nice thick pointy pick wink.gif Should hold you over until your order comes in. I don't know why they are showing me as sold out of ibanez picks. Maybe because I"m out of country?

Attached Image

QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Jan 9 2021, 10:53 AM) *
A had forgot that I had a v pick screamer. Being enjoying using it over the last few days. Going to order up some new picks and experiment with them.

cheers Todd

Yeah its showing that they are in stock with me. Going to order some up. Cheers Phil

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jan 21 2021, 03:48 PM
Just a update on my PC build. Thats it being paid for and and Utopia computers are going to start the build.

I did mention about a motherboard that supports thunderbolt but there is none in stock so I have went without it.

I have being used to the iMac with built in speakers which I enjoy watching videos and listening to music on.I am going to buy a new monitor that most likely wont have built in speakers. Any suggestions on what speakers to go for.

Here is the parts being used for my pc build.

Attached File  quote.pdf ( 98.3K ) Number of downloads: 81

This post has been edited by liveOASISforever: Jan 21 2021, 07:46 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 21 2021, 04:29 PM
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Jan 21 2021, 02:48 PM) *
Just a update on my PC build. Thats it being paid for and and Utopia computers are going to start the build.

I did mention about a motherboard that supports thunderbolt but there is none in stock so I have went without it.

I have being used to the iMac with built in speakers which I enjoy watching videos and listening to music on.I am going to buy a new monitor that most likely wont have built in speakers. Any suggestions on what speakers to go for.

Here is the parts being used for my pc build.

[attachment=51290:quote.pdf]

Looks very nice cool.gif

My overall suggestion for pc speakers are try avoiding a subbass speaker and go for the typical LR 2 speaker config. if possible. The bigger the 2 speakers are the better.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 21 2021, 06:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
these https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LP8...-studio-monitor if your looking for monitors for recording purposes.
If you are after gaming or music listening speakers these would tend to make sounds dull, so I would ask their purpose

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jan 21 2021, 07:36 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 21 2021, 03:29 PM) *
Looks very nice cool.gif

My overall suggestion for pc speakers are try avoiding a subbass speaker and go for the typical LR 2 speaker config. if possible. The bigger the 2 speakers are the better.

Thanks Mertay

Being used to the iMac with built in speakers, wireless keyboard and mouse. Now having to think about what to get for my new setup and having good cable management. Messy cables will drive me crazy laugh.gif
Thanks for the advice once again.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 21 2021, 05:51 PM) *
these https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LP8...-studio-monitor if your looking for monitors for recording purposes.
If you are after gaming or music listening speakers these would tend to make sounds dull, so I would ask their purpose

I have Yamaha hs7 active monitor speakers.Am looking for speakers for listening to music through.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 22 2021, 07:08 AM
The HS7 are great monitors. They are perfect for mixing, gaming, etc. At some point, you might consider the Yamaha HS8S Subwoofer as an add on since it's built to match the HS line and take care of lower frequency bits. You can get by just fine without it, but if money permits, it would give a fuller range to your audio system. Having a matched sub is a great option for home studios that don't make use of of a second set of larger monitors as you might find built in to the walls of a big facility.

Also, as far as Picks go, I recently bought the assortment pack of the DUNLOP FLOW pick as it's a bit wider than the Ibanez Picks and it's under ten bucks for an assortment back of them!! Just got them in.. I'll let you know how I like em. How do you like your IBANEZ picks?

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 22 2021, 07:11 AM

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jan 22 2021, 06:23 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 22 2021, 06:08 AM) *
The HS7 are great monitors. They are perfect for mixing, gaming, etc. At some point, you might consider the Yamaha HS8S Subwoofer as an add on since it's built to match the HS line and take care of lower frequency bits. You can get by just fine without it, but if money permits, it would give a fuller range to your audio system. Having a matched sub is a great option for home studios that don't make use of of a second set of larger monitors as you might find built in to the walls of a big facility.

Also, as far as Picks go, I recently bought the assortment pack of the DUNLOP FLOW pick as it's a bit wider than the Ibanez Picks and it's under ten bucks for an assortment back of them!! Just got them in.. I'll let you know how I like em. How do you like your IBANEZ picks?

Attached Image

Yeah they are good monitors.Had them setup when I was using Bias fx but my iMac kept freezing with it. Now using a Boss Katana 50 with the tone studio but also have freezing issues. Am still working on your quick licks. Just waiting to get my new pc and hopefully get set up recording better quality videos and sound.

I like the looks of those picks. When I bought the Ibanez RG521 I also got some Rabea and Andy James picks. Have being getting on really well with them. The guitar needed some new strings so ordered them along with the Ibanez picks the other day.I will keep you updated when I get them and try them out smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 22 2021, 10:34 PM
What application are you running when your rig freezes up? If it's an imac running logic or reaper it should be very stable? My macs almost never freeze up. If you disconnect your audio interface does it still freeze up? What year / spec is your imac btw? My macbook pro is a 2012 and it's solid as a rock.

QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Jan 22 2021, 01:23 PM) *
Yeah they are good monitors.Had them setup when I was using Bias fx but my iMac kept freezing with it. Now using a Boss Katana 50 with the tone studio but also have freezing issues. Am still working on your quick licks. Just waiting to get my new pc and hopefully get set up recording better quality videos and sound.

I like the looks of those picks. When I bought the Ibanez RG521 I also got some Rabea and Andy James picks. Have being getting on really well with them. The guitar needed some new strings so ordered them along with the Ibanez picks the other day.I will keep you updated when I get them and try them out smile.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jan 22 2021, 10:42 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 22 2021, 09:34 PM) *
What application are you running when your rig freezes up? If it's an imac running logic or reaper it should be very stable? My macs almost never freeze up. If you disconnect your audio interface does it still freeze up? What year / spec is your imac btw? My macbook pro is a 2012 and it's solid as a rock.

The only things I have running is internet browser and my Boss tone studio. I dont have anything connected to it either.

spec is

iMac 2011
processor 2.5GHz intel core i5
memory 4GB 1333MHz DDR3
graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512MB

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 23 2021, 11:28 PM
The prob might be the ram? 4gb isn't that much and the apple operating system takes up a good bit then with two applications on top it could get unstable. If you run just the tone studio does it freeze up? I have had several imacs and I always tried ot upgrade the ram in them since it was cheap and an easy fix. You can stick a 16 gb stick in the machine and things should smooth out. But if you have another machine on the way the problem won't matter.

QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Jan 22 2021, 05:42 PM) *
The only things I have running is internet browser and my Boss tone studio. I dont have anything connected to it either.

spec is

iMac 2011
processor 2.5GHz intel core i5
memory 4GB 1333MHz DDR3
graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512MB

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 24 2021, 03:22 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Jan 22 2021, 10:42 PM) *

spec is

memory 4GB 1333MHz DDR3

I think this is your dedicated graphics ram and not the computer ram, but I don't know why those spec are freezing up they should not.
If you have many pages open that might be the cause

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 24 2021, 08:38 AM
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Jan 22 2021, 09:42 PM) *

My guess is its a soundcard driver related problem, bias should need ram but the katana program shouldn't.

--------------------

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jan 24 2021, 09:57 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 23 2021, 10:28 PM) *
The prob might be the ram? 4gb isn't that much and the apple operating system takes up a good bit then with two applications on top it could get unstable. If you run just the tone studio does it freeze up? I have had several imacs and I always tried ot upgrade the ram in them since it was cheap and an easy fix. You can stick a 16 gb stick in the machine and things should smooth out. But if you have another machine on the way the problem won't matter.

To be honest I only found out it was a 4GB RAM the last week. A thought it would of being 8GB RAM. My initial intention was to upgrade the RAM but then decided to get a new system. Had a holiday planned for Orlando Florida last September. We moved it to this September due to Covid but now decided to cancel it as it still looks like there will be issues.That freed up money that was put away for the holiday so thought it would be best used in getting a PC.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 24 2021, 02:22 AM) *
I think this is your dedicated graphics ram and not the computer ram, but I don't know why those spec are freezing up they should not.
If you have many pages open that might be the cause

I dont have much pages opened . Even if I have nothing open and go and try open up Safari it can take a while to do so. I get the spinning wheel and when the page come up it wont let me scroll down the page.

Shouldnt be to long before I get my new PC and the Imac will be going in the bin laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 24 2021, 07:38 AM) *
My guess is its a soundcard driver related problem, bias should need ram but the katana program shouldn't.

Bias became completely unusable. With the tonestudio for the Katana it can take a while when I click on a patch to actually change to that patch. Also disconnects and when I try to reconnect to the tone studio it takes multiple attempts before it connects. Had the same issue with my Yamaha thr10 .

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 24 2021, 10:21 AM
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Jan 24 2021, 08:57 AM) *

Yeah well you're getting a very goodsystem anyway so don't worry about it smile.gif save your patience on getting used to windows as that will be a process in itself, as windows users (me) can also get confused at times when using a mac.

--------------------

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jan 24 2021, 10:35 AM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 24 2021, 09:21 AM) *
Yeah well you're getting a very goodsystem anyway so don't worry about it smile.gif save your patience on getting used to windows as that will be a process in itself, as windows users (me) can also get confused at times when using a mac.

A have being watching Tips and tricks for windows 10 videos on YT laugh.gif

My dad struggles anytime he uses my iMac. He is use to Windows.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:24 PM