Mentored Training Program, Beginners
Chris Evans
Sep 24 2008, 02:01 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
We are looking for a couple of extra students to add to the currently running test program being mentored by Kris,

Read up HERE in Kris`s practice agenda, if you think that you are at a similar level to the two students currently being mentored and want to join in on the program then register your interest here.

We really want to get the program up and running as soon as possible and really need your help in order to do so, if you can commit to some hard work then what are you waiting for biggrin.gif

Register your interest and we will notify the additional members very soon!

Cheers smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 24 2008, 02:15 PM
GMC Founder
Yes please do so - and upload a video of your playing! smile.gif

You should be able to make good progress thanks to the mtp!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Sep 25 2008, 01:37 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Don't hesitate my fellow beginners! I was nervous about putting a video up because I am so new at playing...but I was chosen and I can't believe in the few weeks since it started how much I have learned (chords, arpeggios), and how much my timing has improved! Good luck to all!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Sep 25 2008, 02:08 AM
GMC:er
I'd like to think I'm intermediate...I can do the Smoke on the Water, but the other two look like a little bit of a challenge so I'm maybe more of a beginner than I thought...

I haven't been really watching the details on the MTP thing so I'm not really up to date on what the details are...entry process, etc. What should I be reading to get spun up on what I should do?

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
besip
Sep 25 2008, 02:15 AM
actualy i'm maybe also something betwen beginer and advancet beginer biggrin.gif

i'm allready paying attentions for few lesson here on Gmc and some of them can be done soon
so looks like thats work like that i'm post here video and after that you guys gonna decide where i'm have to go right?? cool.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Sep 25 2008, 09:05 AM
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ Sep 25 2008, 02:08 AM) *
I haven't been really watching the details on the MTP thing so I'm not really up to date on what the details are...entry process, etc. What should I be reading to get spun up on what I should do?

Hi Scott, have a read up HERE on what to do, you can post your video and info in this thread for us to have a look at smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
big harry
Sep 25 2008, 09:25 AM
Learning Roadie - CHALLENGE STAR!
hey guys

here i am again tongue.gif
already upped 3 vids for you to check out
maybe i am an interesting for the MTP

just waiting for your critical answers huh.gif

i was on the list for the first sign up and now i am here again

i THINK i am advanced, but i am willing to start from the beginning, what i already do
its hard for me to set up a difficult level for me, because the lessons are soooooo different

thats why i decided to do it step by step FROM THE BEGINNING
at the moment i am working on the basic chord series and on the exercises for the MTP
ivans blues lesson is the next step after the solo part of the "alice in chains" thing

also pentatonic scales up and down and up and down, 6 hits per beat seems unbeatable for me *ufffff*
4 hits per beat i am somewhere at 70-75 BPM

so guys HERE I AM *raising hands - pick me pick me pick me *hehehe*

Harry

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Sep 25 2008, 09:29 AM
QUOTE (big harry @ Sep 25 2008, 09:25 AM) *
hey guys

here i am again tongue.gif
already upped 3 vids for you to check out
maybe i am an interesting for the MTP

Hi Harry, can you put in here the links for your vids please mate smile.gif

You dont need to re upload them just the linkswill do

Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
big harry
Sep 25 2008, 09:34 AM
Learning Roadie - CHALLENGE STAR!
hey smells

heres another post * now i dont know anymore in which parts i already posted it*

oh heres one for the intermediates

i was posting a signup here
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=19898

maybe its better if you choose if i should practice here or at the beginner level ........

COACH i am HERE, take me, take me coach *hehehe*

i already upped some vids
here
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=19914
and here
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=19911
and here
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=19908

still waiting for your answers
hey man there are 5 minutes gone without any answer whats wrong ???

Harry

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Sep 25 2008, 02:01 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Sep 25 2008, 04:05 AM) *
Hi Scott, have a read up HERE on what to do, you can post your video and info in this thread for us to have a look at smile.gif

Will do. I'll get something recorded today or tomorrow. I'm going to be out of town with no internet over the weekend.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Joruus
Sep 25 2008, 04:50 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm beginner and i'd really like to get into the MTP.

Is it ok if i upload my video before the end of the weekend, or is that too late?
I don't have much time for it today and tomorrow..

--------------------
Gear:
Guitars: Ibanez Jem 7vwh, Ibanez RG 350 DX, Gibson Les Paul Studio
Effects: Line 6 PODxt + FBV MKII Express pedal
Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 15

+Quote Post
besip
Sep 26 2008, 12:30 AM
I'm not sure if i'm be beginer or something else the problem is i'm to bussy to made new video before sunday
i'm have here 1 older video where i'm play pavel heavy metal 3 on 120bpm..right now i'm hope i'm can made video with 140bpm and when i'm take few shoots i'm probaly made this clean{hope}

Thats the older video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxsG24J-C8o...9A8&index=4
i'm also know play well David A-minor penta but the {lower} backing made me trouble...and some licks are not done right yet...i'm also start training Trond rock solo but i'm was stuck with the octave run{not able to play it on right speed} so i'm left the project for now..Right now i'm working also on Liam Slayer lesson{beginer} and that kind of playing is easy for me i'm after 3 days play almost clear on 120bpm..whats made me trouble is Pavel Heavy metal lesson 1 where we use 3 finger power chord..i'm also find my self almost after 1 year playind cheating with alternate picking and play economy...i'm trying to avoid that

My goal for next 6 month...is play more clean...play more easy 3 finger power chord...play more easy when i'm try to play over backing track and executed few songs what i'm be like and play them clean and weel over backing track

actualy i'm like almost all styles of playing..from Liam Ramstain and Slayer lesson to nice melodic stuuf like Nocturnal Vision lesson{i'm wana learn that later for sure} and also some blues here is nice...i'm will be find from all instructors lot of things what i'm like

Rene

PS-CHECK MY 3 NEW UPLOADS VIDEO on FEW REPLY DOWN

This post has been edited by besip: Sep 29 2008, 07:59 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Sep 26 2008, 09:28 AM
Learning Roadie
I would really like to join the MTP.. However, i have no idea at what level i am at right now.

I would like to think that i am somewhere between beginner and intermediate, but i dont know.

I will include my first video i've made, however it is a couple of months old, and i have of course progressed since then.
I will try to make time to do another video as well in the next couple of days.

I am aiming to be a lead guitarist, and i am looking to fine tune my technical ability (or lack thereof). I am also very interested in learning the theory that goes behind everything we do.

I am very much interested in learning to choose the correct scale to a piece of music, and to improvise over it with ease.

I am currently playing in a band where we play old school rock and roll like Creedence Clearwater Revival and the likes, and at the moment i am studying some of Slash' solos in order for me to learn to be better at phrasing and the likes.

I very much enjoy blues as well, and this is also something i play. However, my "blues" improvisation tends to be more rock than blues. I know the minor pentatonic scale pretty well, but only tend to use position 1,2 and maybe 3.

Here is the lesson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze37AbKzm-4

I will try to create another lesson soon if you want it.

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Sep 26 2008, 09:29 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 26 2008, 09:42 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Joruus @ Sep 25 2008, 05:50 PM) *
I'm beginner and i'd really like to get into the MTP.

Is it ok if i upload my video before the end of the weekend, or is that too late?
I don't have much time for it today and tomorrow..

this weekend will probably work - it depends how many other applications we have by then!

QUOTE (-Zion- @ Sep 26 2008, 10:28 AM) *

Great Zion - although there are many improvements you can do to your playing in this video - I still think your level is a little too high for the absolute beginner mtp students I am looking for.

One spontaneous advice I want to give you, is to work on your hammer-ons, from what I can tell in this video it seems that you don't get enough strength in your hammer-ons which results in "no sound" from the hammer-on notes.

QUOTE (besip @ Sep 26 2008, 01:30 AM) *

Where is your video? Perhaps it's just me - but I have searched all over the place! unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Sep 26 2008, 09:47 AM
Hey kris,

Are you going to expand the mentor program to intermediate students in the future?

--------------------

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Sep 26 2008, 09:51 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 26 2008, 10:42 AM) *
Great Zion - although there are many improvements you can do to your playing in this video - I still think your level is a little too high for the absolute beginner mtp students I am looking for.

One spontaneous advice I want to give you, is to work on your hammer-ons, from what I can tell in this video it seems that you don't get enough strength in your hammer-ons which results in "no sound" from the hammer-on notes.

wow, that was a really fast reply. Thank you for that..
Like i said it's an old video, but i will try to do another one. However, you think i should go try on the intermediate MTP?

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Sep 26 2008, 09:56 AM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Sep 26 2008, 09:47 AM) *
Hey kris,

Are you going to expand the mentor program to intermediate students in the future?

Hi John, put in your video and info HERE I`m opening an "intermediate" test program, I`ll be picking candidates next weekend so you got a week to put in your vid smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Sep 26 2008, 09:58 AM
Ok cool... ill record something this weekend.

thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
besip
Sep 27 2008, 05:22 AM
QUOTE (besip @ Sep 25 2008, 06:30 PM) *

now the link is corect rolleyes.gif ..if i'm be have time i'm will try made the new version on right speed
actualy last time when i'm try to put the link here the name of link is change to some guitarmasterclass name..and when i'm click on that link i'm see just blank page rolleyes.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 27 2008, 09:38 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (besip @ Sep 26 2008, 01:30 AM) *

Thanks it's working now - I think you will qualify Besip. smile.gif I will get back to you in a couple of days!

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:31 PM