> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Narsza's Focus Spot
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 19 2012, 06:07 PM
Instructor
Hey there buddy! Sure you can biggrin.gif Welcome to your own focus building thread smile.gif

First things first - can you tell me a bit about yourself and your music/guitar experience so far? How about the future and your goals?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Narzsa
Jun 19 2012, 06:25 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 19 2012, 06:07 PM) *
Hey there buddy! Sure you can biggrin.gif Welcome to your own focus building thread smile.gif

First things first - can you tell me a bit about yourself and your music/guitar experience so far? How about the future and your goals?

Cosmin

Hi mate, and thanks for putting me up smile.gif

I've been playing now for 8 years now. I have my own band called Paracyst and have written a couple of songs of my own and performed on stage once. I play lead in the band

Huge fan of metal core, so i love bands such as killswitch, all that remains, shadows falls, as i lay dying and groove metal such as devil driver, lamb of god. I also love melodic death metal such as arch enemy and old school thrash like megadeth

Im drawn to complex challenging rifts and shred guitar, with a touch of haunting melody tongue.gif hehe

Skill wise i can alternate pick quite well, sweep ok, and i've just begun to tap. I do need to tighten up a bit though as i can be sloppy in my playing
I play in drop c
My theory knowledge consists of the 7 modes of the natural major scale

My goals are to write more interesting and complex rifts and solos
Currently, what i' ve written in the past (and most of my stuff is 2 years old haha, except the lead which is recent) is very basic. No real interesting rythmes or progressions, 4/4 and really with even note speeds.

I really want to get to state where i can write songs of the same caliba and level as the bands mentioned. i also want to be come a better shredder/ lead and add more depth to my songs

i could upload some stuff i've previously done if you like? though i dont know how to upload the recordings?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10
ENGL Screamer 50 watt Combo

\m/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 20 2012, 09:46 AM
Instructor

Howdy man!

we can take care of everything, but indeed, recordings would be of great help, so we can have a good idea where you're at and what we should start with smile.gif

Tell me, are they uploaded anywhere, or are they mp3s on your PC?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Jun 20 2012, 11:40 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 20 2012, 09:46 AM) *
Howdy man!

we can take care of everything, but indeed, recordings would be of great help, so we can have a good idea where you're at and what we should start with smile.gif

Tell me, are they uploaded anywhere, or are they mp3s on your PC?

Cosmin

At the moment just MP3s on my machine smile.gif

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 20 2012, 10:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Narzsa @ Jun 20 2012, 10:40 AM) *
At the moment just MP3s on my machine smile.gif

Hey man, you can upload them by using the 'Browse' -> Upload button at the bottom of the field where you write back to this message biggrin.gif let me know if you have troubles ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Jun 21 2012, 12:26 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 20 2012, 10:42 PM) *
Hey man, you can upload them by using the 'Browse' -> Upload button at the bottom of the field where you write back to this message biggrin.gif let me know if you have troubles ok?

Cosmin

Haha, fair dues i ll upload them for you smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  01_Paraffin.wma ( 5.11MB ) Number of downloads: 131
Attached File  Your_Elulogy_175BPM.mp3 ( 5.97MB ) Number of downloads: 141
Attached File  Breach___Clear_180bpm.mp3 ( 5.24MB ) Number of downloads: 131

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 21 2012, 07:50 AM
Instructor
Hey matey! smile.gif Just listened to your recordings and here's what I have observed:

- you have a good grip on timing
- the formulas are nice and the ideas have direction

I suggest we work on

- building up your leads - technique, phrasing articulation and applying theoretical concepts smile.gif
- rhythmic concepts - so that you will diversify your chops and ideas in this field as well

Tell me man, how much time can you dedicate to guitar/ music each day?

all the best

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Jun 21 2012, 09:40 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 21 2012, 07:50 AM) *
Hey matey! smile.gif Just listened to your recordings and here's what I have observed:

- you have a good grip on timing
- the formulas are nice and the ideas have direction

I suggest we work on

- building up your leads - technique, phrasing articulation and applying theoretical concepts smile.gif
- rhythmic concepts - so that you will diversify your chops and ideas in this field as well

Tell me man, how much time can you dedicate to guitar/ music each day?

all the best

Cosmin

Cheers mate and that sounds awesome smile.gif

I listen to music nearly most days whilst im at work or travelling
As for play i practice with the band twice a week for a couple of hours and i practice by myself mon-fri for a good two hours when i get in from work

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 22 2012, 02:01 PM
Instructor
Since you can play drop C biggrin.gif I will invite you into the world of Metal Metrics - a series of lessons I have done, dedicated to drop tunings tongue.gif

Take a look and let's start here - pick whichever you like better and we shall discuss and disect it wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/metal+metrics/

what say you?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Jun 24 2012, 04:01 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 22 2012, 02:01 PM) *
Since you can play drop C biggrin.gif I will invite you into the world of Metal Metrics - a series of lessons I have done, dedicated to drop tunings tongue.gif

Take a look and let's start here - pick whichever you like better and we shall discuss and disect it wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/metal+metrics/

what say you?

Cosmin

Hi Cosmin,

Shall we start with one? smile.gif

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 25 2012, 07:50 PM
Instructor
Oh yes! My favorite one biggrin.gif Let's see you kick some serious behind!

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Jul 8 2012, 04:00 PM
Hi Cosim,

This is how far i've gotten it so far. Its still not perfect. My biggest problem seems to be switch from the licks back into that rythme

This post has been edited by Narzsa: Jul 8 2012, 04:00 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Metal_Metrics_1.mp3 ( 1.48MB ) Number of downloads: 98

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 9 2012, 02:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Narzsa @ Jul 8 2012, 03:00 PM) *
Hi Cosim,

This is how far i've gotten it so far. Its still not perfect. My biggest problem seems to be switch from the licks back into that rythme

Oh, that one is trickier indeed smile.gif You got the parts, but there are quite a few issues with timing here and there. I would suggest recording at 75% out of the original tempo. Shall we discuss on that take? smile.gif Focus on playing as clean and in time as possible on the slow one, ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Jul 9 2012, 05:42 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 9 2012, 02:18 PM) *
Oh, that one is trickier indeed smile.gif You got the parts, but there are quite a few issues with timing here and there. I would suggest recording at 75% out of the original tempo. Shall we discuss on that take? smile.gif Focus on playing as clean and in time as possible on the slow one, ok?

Cosmin

Hi Cosim, here it is at 75% smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Metal_Metrics.mp3 ( 2.1MB ) Number of downloads: 101

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2012, 11:31 AM
Instructor
Hey man smile.gif this is a lot better!

I have heard the issues which still linger:

- the licks linking the riffs are a bit out of timing - more slow practice will solve this for certain wink.gif
- the high pitched chord in the breakdown has some wrong note in it - check out the tab and make sure you are using the right notes smile.gif

Practice until you can have the best take and send it here, having in mind the things above wink.gif

What say you?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Jul 10 2012, 11:42 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 10 2012, 11:31 AM) *
Hey man smile.gif this is a lot better!

I have heard the issues which still linger:

- the licks linking the riffs are a bit out of timing - more slow practice will solve this for certain wink.gif
- the high pitched chord in the breakdown has some wrong note in it - check out the tab and make sure you are using the right notes smile.gif

Practice until you can have the best take and send it here, having in mind the things above wink.gif

What say you?

Cosmin

Cheers buddy, i ll have round two for you soon biggrin.gif

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2012, 02:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Narzsa @ Jul 10 2012, 10:42 AM) *
Cheers buddy, i ll have round two for you soon biggrin.gif

Alright bro!

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Jul 18 2012, 06:05 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 10 2012, 02:25 PM) *
Alright bro!

Hey mate, sorry for the delay, we have a gig this saturday so i ve been busy prepping biggrin.gif
But here it is as promised smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Metal_Metrics1.mp3 ( 2.03MB ) Number of downloads: 90

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 19 2012, 10:18 AM
Instructor
Hey amigo!

Much better wink.gif still a little bit of improvement in execution which can be done, but it is much better in what regards flow and you also corrected the note in the dissonant chord from the breakdown section.

I would like to add that in the part which prepares the breakdown, there is a spot where you didn't palm mute the chords and it sounds a bit thin, check out the original lesson and palm mute there please wink.gif

The devil is in the details! Keep this in mind and you will never go wrong with any piece!

Let's get it up to speed and with the backing track - tight and mean ok? Pay close attention to the groove and the drums smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Jul 19 2012, 04:31 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 19 2012, 10:18 AM) *
Hey amigo!

Much better wink.gif still a little bit of improvement in execution which can be done, but it is much better in what regards flow and you also corrected the note in the dissonant chord from the breakdown section.

I would like to add that in the part which prepares the breakdown, there is a spot where you didn't palm mute the chords and it sounds a bit thin, check out the original lesson and palm mute there please wink.gif

The devil is in the details! Keep this in mind and you will never go wrong with any piece!

Let's get it up to speed and with the backing track - tight and mean ok? Pay close attention to the groove and the drums smile.gif

Cosmin

Haha, yea i noticed i was playing the dissonant chord 2 fretts up previously and incorrectly

Will do Cosim, i ll get a cracking smile.gif

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:59 PM