> Copyright Violation? Famous Backing Tracks
post Jan 4 2008, 09:38 AM
Post #21

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.001

QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jan 3 2008, 11:27 PM) *
Everyone always plays the 4th movement of Summer because it is "heavy" and "shreddy," however I think they are all awesome. So many cool licks in Spring especially, infact classical music is a pretty good place to get licks from because you can bet that only a few other people are going to try the same thing. I haven't heard the entire Winter or Autumn yet, just like the first five minutes of both, both really cool so far though. I got so much music for Christmas it is ridiculous I can't listen to it all. Some of the stuff I got is

Tony MacAlpine
Vinnie Moore
Miles Davis
John Coltrane
Dream Theater
Symphony X
Shawn Lane
Stevie Ray Vaughn

EDIT: I think something like Paganini Caprices would be more appropriate for GMC than Four Seasons though, since Paganini is like solo and Four Seasons is like full orchestra. I learned some of Spring on my guitar and too be honest it sounds much better with the legato sound of a violin. For Paganini maybe a lesson on the first minute of Capricci 20th would be good, it is really beautiful and simple.

This is an inredible informative post - thankyou ! biggrin.gif

mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jan 4 2008, 09:39 AM
Post #22

Get to da Chopper!
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.374

QUOTE (Owen @ Jan 3 2008, 11:45 PM) *
I cant exactly see how they could be taylored for GMC's needs like a normal lesson could, in essense it conforms rigidly to the core of a particular song which means that an array of ideas and styles is harder to get across in such a shortened period of time - full songs being 3 minutes approx and lessons only being about 1 minute for the full composition.

good point there Owen
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th October 2016 - 03:05 PM