Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thomman.de
MickeM
post May 5 2008, 08:46 AM
Post #21

Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.062

Can anyone direct me to where I can make a consumers complaint I have about a company in germany?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
post May 5 2008, 09:43 AM
Post #22

Moderator - low level high stakes
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 2.194

Don't know if this will help much Micke but the details of the International Sales Manager at Thomann are:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kai Dietrich
International Sales Manager

Tel,-0049-9546-9223-55
Fax,-0049-9546-9223-24

Musikhaus Thomann

Inhaber Hans Thomann
Treppendorf 30
96138-Burgebrach
Germany

HRA Bamberg Nr. 8988
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have to say that whilst he's a nice enough guy they as a company are not good at dealing with problems with orders. I have a long story as to why I would never use them again.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
MickeM
post May 5 2008, 10:04 AM
Post #23

Thanks tony, the store I'm having problems with is Musicstore.de
Like I said, I sent a broken item in for repair (I paied for that return fee) and when I got it back it was broken, now with another fault inflicted by them. I refuse to pay the return fee this time since in my own little world they should take full responsinility for sending me something that was broken in the first place.
Mr Edgar stick the terms and conditions under my nose and says the customer pays that fee. I only use common sense but it doesn't seem to apply with musicstore.de mad.gif

I've asked musicstore.de for the adress but I'm not sure they'll even reply. So I could take a shot with thomann.de with the adress you sent me and see what they say. I'll even try my case there to find what they would have done wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
post Oct 12 2008, 03:17 PM
Post #24

Conclusion of my story with musicstore.de
I threatened to file my complaint to a Euro Board for comsumer rights and my contact person at musicstore.de made a 180 degree turn. He sent UPS to pick up the parcel at my home already the next day and last week I got it back. Just how it should have worked without coming to me being forced to threaten them.

Since they decided to not put up a fight after I chose to call in an authority on my side I can only assume that they thought I was right all along but they just tried to run a weak lonley consumer over to save a few bucks.

So I got my Wah fixed and by that they confessed I was right. A win-win situation... for me wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
post Oct 12 2008, 03:44 PM
Post #25

Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.338

QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 12 2008, 04:17 PM) *
Conclusion of my story with musicstore.de
I threatened to file my complaint to a Euro Board for comsumer rights and my contact person at musicstore.de made a 180 degree turn.

Well done.
It's sad that they didn't do what was right from the start, and even more so that if you hadn't threatened them they would have got away without fixing it...

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
post Oct 12 2008, 03:45 PM
Post #26

Experienced Guitar Hero

Member No.: 5.185

I ordered my shredneck from them, and the contact was top notch. No worries, they are very good sellers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
post Oct 12 2008, 03:59 PM
Post #27

QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Oct 12 2008, 04:45 PM) *
I ordered my shredneck from them, and the contact was top notch. No worries, they are very good sellers.

"Good sellers" is one thing. I just hope you don't get treated the way I did if there's anyhing wrong with something you bought from them.

QUOTE (Fran @ Oct 12 2008, 04:44 PM) *
Well done.
It's sad that they didn't do what was right from the start, and even more so that if you hadn't threatened them they would have got away without fixing it...

Thanks!
And the funny part is that when I first reported this problem they asked for my customer number and said "I'll see what we can do", and after checking how much I had bought from them they said "sorry, can't help you"
My history says around 2000 Euro but appearantly it was worth losing me as a customer over such a petty errand. We were only quarreling over the return frieght. It was going to be repaired, no doubt about it. I just questioned that I should pay the return cose after they send me a broken Wah pedal. That's a cost at about 20 Euro. Shows how little they care.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
post Oct 12 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #28

Experienced Guitar Hero

Member No.: 5.185

Hmmm, strange, they were quite helpful when I had some problems with credit cards.. But maybe that is because the payment was yet to be made..

PS: I was saying about thomman.de shop.

This post has been edited by Marek Rojewski: Oct 12 2008, 04:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
post Oct 12 2008, 04:18 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Oct 12 2008, 05:06 PM) *
Hmmm, strange, they were quite helpful when I had some problems with credit cards.. But maybe that is because the payment was yet to be made..

PS: I was saying about thomman.de shop.

Sorry, I was so focused on musicstore.de laugh.gif
I never shopped from thomann.de but a lot of people said good things here.

I just had a local musicstore open nearby, just 10 minutes away by car, and they said they will always keep the lowest prices and they have good stuff too so I'll be going there instead of webshopping. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
2mazzo
post Oct 12 2008, 04:24 PM
Post #30

GMC:er

Member No.: 1.104

QUOTE (MickeM @ May 5 2008, 03:04 AM) *
Thanks tony, the store I'm having problems with is Musicstore.de

I bought my Ibanes acoustik guitar from Musicstore.de and when I got the guitar the preamps onboard tuner didn`t work, so I sent the an email. But no response. 2`nd email the same and so on. After numberous of emails I gave up. sad.gif
I don`t think Musicstore is serious about complains and I don`t recomend anyone to buy from their store.

With Thomann I have never had a problem smile.gif

This post has been edited by 2mazzo: Oct 12 2008, 04:27 PM

--------------------
Guitars: ESP M-I/FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez AEF37E Acoustic
Kimbara Classical

Amp: Kustom Quad 100DFX 100watt 2x12" Combo

Gear: Line6 Pod XT Live with all model packs

Midi controller: M-Audio Ozone

Software: RiffWorks, Cubase SX, Cubase Sequel and Guitar Pro 5.

+Quote Post
MickeM
post Oct 12 2008, 05:07 PM
Post #31

QUOTE (2mazzo @ Oct 12 2008, 05:24 PM) *
I bought my Ibanes acoustik guitar from Musicstore.de and when I got the guitar the preamps onboard tuner didn`t work, so I sent the an email. But no response. 2`nd email the same and so on. After numberous of emails I gave up. sad.gif
I don`t think Musicstore is serious about complains and I don`t recomend anyone to buy from their store.

With Thomann I have never had a problem smile.gif

Sounds exactly like my situation, you get something that's already broken and then no email response to follow.
Since you probably filed your first complaint within the warranty time they should still be responsible. I tell you, they read your mails they just don't care. I know this because they reacted at my last mail when I said I was about to file a complaint. That didn't solve things at first because my first thread regarded a complaint within the musicstore.de concern. I got their attention when I mentioned ECC-Net.

So I suggest you write a strong e-mail threaterning to file a complaint to ECC-Net (for them as germans it's Europäisches Verbraucherzentrum Deutchland)
Have a look at http://www.forbrukereuropa.no/

Demand that they not only repair it but also pay for the return cost to Germany (that was a part the refused at first).

What I also did was to tell my contact person at musicstore.de that I'd put him as musicstore.de's representative towards ECC-Net.

Hope that helps solve your problem if you decide to take it further.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PanicProne
post Oct 12 2008, 07:00 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 4.060

I just (thursday two weeks ago) ordered a PP2+ from thomann.de It's arrived now (FINALLY?!!) I just have too pick the package up tomorrow..

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Oct 13 2008, 06:59 PM
Post #33

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

Good advice MickeM, thanks for sharing your experience. I never thought about board of customers, and filing them a complaint. There is justice after all smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Skalde
post Oct 14 2008, 10:42 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 3.817

I orderd my whole gear from thomann. Never had a problem at atll. One day my peavey amp was broken. They repaired it without any compliments. Of course I had to pay nothing.
Their 30 days moneyback service is great too. You can buy something and can test it for 30 days, If you decide that you don't like it you just send it back and recevice all your money back. You don't have to pay any shipping cost, because they send you an freeway ticket which you can simply stick on your return package.
In my opionion it is the best shop I have dealt with. It is true that they are not the fastest. That's because they manually check everey order.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2017 - 06:05 AM