Hello From Down Under
Lorry
Jan 20 2008, 12:08 PM
GMC:er
Hey all,

My name is Jared and I live in Perth, Western Australia. Been playing the guitar on and off for about 10 years but never really seriously got into it until recently. I started listening to metal about a year ago and I think thats what has motivated me to really try and get good at the guitar. I really like Synyster Gates from Avenged Sevenfold and the boys from Lamb of God and Trivium, but appreciate anyone that can rip out a face melting piece of shred tongue.gif.

I'm currently working through one of Muris's sweep picking lessons as its a technique that I would like to be able to pull off, but I'm out to generally improve my speed and accuracy. Currently I thrash away on an Ibanez RG 370 DX feeding a Digitech DF-7 pedal into an 80w combo amp.

I'd also like to add how refreshing it is to find an online community where everyone is so supportive and helpful. In a world of bickering keyboard warriors it really is a welcoming change.

Cheers guys,

Jared

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shred Kid
Jan 20 2008, 12:12 PM
Hey Man Welcome, My name is Brett and im 17. I live in Sydney and also love sysnyster gates and trivium (i caught trivium at the black crusade, i have matt heafy's pick biggrin.gif) do you use msn?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jan 20 2008, 12:13 PM
Learning Roadie
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Welcome to GMC it's a great place to learn biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Jan 20 2008, 12:22 PM
Welcome

--------------------

+Quote Post
Majickal
Jan 20 2008, 12:30 PM
Hey Lorry, Shred Kid, I am in Sydney too!!! hows things??? just got through https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-style-lesson2/ it's wicked, time to speed things up now. This is my first day here and i am already addicted: best 50 bucks spent in ages..

This post has been edited by Majickal: Jan 20 2008, 12:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Jan 20 2008, 12:39 PM
Welcome to GMC Jared smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 20 2008, 01:30 PM
Instructor
Welcome Jared,I see you have many town mates here already. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 20 2008, 01:43 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hi Jared, Welcome to GMC smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 20 2008, 01:50 PM
Instructor
Welcome man! That's a great gear you have - my first guitar was 370DX and i am currently using DF7! smile.gif Have fun here smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Lorry
Jan 20 2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys

QUOTE (Shred Kid @ Jan 20 2008, 08:12 PM) *
Hey Man Welcome, My name is Brett and im 17. I live in Sydney and also love sysnyster gates and trivium (i caught trivium at the black crusade, i have matt heafy's pick biggrin.gif) do you use msn?

Yeah I missed the Black Crusade when it rolled through Perth, I bet it was good though. Yeah I do use MSN.

QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 20 2008, 09:30 PM) *
Welcome Jared,I see you have many town mates here already. biggrin.gif

Haha yes it seems that way, but they are all on the wrong side of the country tongue.gif

QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 20 2008, 09:50 PM) *
Welcome man! That's a great gear you have - my first guitar was 370DX and i am currently using DF7! smile.gif Have fun here smile.gif

Yeah I am really happy with the 370DX, its a great guitar to play. Hopefully with a few GMC lessons and lots of practice I can get a bit more out of it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 20 2008, 02:21 PM
Instructor
Thanks man, and welcome to the GMC family. Keep rockin! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
TekHousE
Jan 20 2008, 02:31 PM
G'Day mate! smile.gif

--------------------
"An Aussie in Finland"

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jan 20 2008, 02:35 PM
Welcome to GMC smile.gif
I hope you enjoy your stay tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 20 2008, 04:09 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome to GMC Jared !! wink.gif cool.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Jan 20 2008, 10:12 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 20 2008, 10:55 PM
Instructor
welcome to the site ,enjoy your time

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jan 23 2008, 01:37 AM
Instructor
hello Jared !! welcome to the best guitar site wink.gif yeah !!

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jan 23 2008, 01:55 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Jan 23 2008, 01:56 AM
QUOTE (Shred Kid @ Jan 20 2008, 12:12 PM) *

Sydney Rocks! Nuff said!

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
JGR
Jan 23 2008, 05:10 AM
Bickering keyboard warriors..HAHAHAHA.. so very true...yet so real..Welcome!!

--------------------
"God created men, Winchester and Baseball bats made them equal."
Evil Knievel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:41 PM