Piano/keyboard Lessons?
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 25 2008, 05:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well, it seems now that we have every other instrument on this site, so maybe a piano or keyboard lesson? I know Marcus is a good piano player, maybe he could give us one? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 25 2008, 10:34 PM
Instructor
let it be

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 25 2008, 10:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Hisham @ Jan 25 2008, 09:34 PM) *
let it be

As in like, the song, or let it be that there should be piano lessons, or just let things be as they are and no piano lessons. I odnt completely understand. huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jan 25 2008, 10:53 PM
Instructor
I like to play keyboards, but it's really difficult biggrin.gif ok, I try to learn something, and if I can I want to spend 1/2 hour every day playing keys so this lessons would be very interesting for me and I hope for lot of members in GMC.
Nowadays almost all the users that write music in the PC have a MIDI keydboard to program the virtual instruments, so it's a great point smile.gif

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 25 2008, 10:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
I agree, it is rather difficult. Hopefully we can get 1 or more lessons smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
RobM
Jan 26 2008, 05:50 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Jan 25 2008, 04:53 PM) *
I like to play keyboards, but it's really difficult biggrin.gif ok, I try to learn something, and if I can I want to spend 1/2 hour every day playing keys so this lessons would be very interesting for me and I hope for lot of members in GMC.
Nowadays almost all the users that write music in the PC have a MIDI keydboard to program the virtual instruments, so it's a great point smile.gif

How is playing the keyboard difficult? As in more difficult than learning the guitar for you or anyone? What part of playing the keyboard is difficult? Finger/hand placement, learning where the notes are, playing chords or yes to everything I said?

I would love to see some keyboarding lessons here, starting with a beginner lesson or three and then slowly expanding and getting more difficult as the lessons progress(as Luciana's Vocal lessons have done). It would certainly increase my interest in the site and I'm sure bring in a lot of new clients.

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jan 26 2008, 06:10 AM
QUOTE (RobM @ Jan 26 2008, 05:50 AM) *
How is playing the keyboard difficult? As in more difficult than learning the guitar for you or anyone? What part of playing the keyboard is difficult? Finger/hand placement, learning where the notes are, playing chords or yes to everything I said?

I would love to see some keyboarding lessons here, starting with a beginner lesson or three and then slowly expanding and getting more difficult as the lessons progress(as Luciana's Vocal lessons have done). It would certainly increase my interest in the site and I'm sure bring in a lot of new clients.

Yea, idk. I thought keyboard was easy. I went to my dads friends house and there was a piece of crap $10 keyboard "toy" thing. I had never played before and was able to play 16th notes faster than I can on guitar in about 5 minutes. I learned the legato riff of Tornado of Souls in like 30 seconds on keyboard, it took me about 2 months on guitar of practicing it off and on to get it right, I still can't do it perfect.

--------------------

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jan 26 2008, 06:10 AM
Yea, idk. I thought incredibly keyboard was easy. I went to my dads friends house and there was a piece of crap $10 keyboard "toy" thing. I had never played before and was able to play 16th notes faster than I can on guitar in about 5 minutes. I learned the legato riff of Tornado of Souls in like 30 seconds on keyboard, it took me about 2 months on guitar of practicing it off and on to get it right, I still can't do it perfect.

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Jan 26 2008, 06:11 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jan 26 2008, 06:24 AM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Jan 25 2008, 10:21 AM) *
Well, it seems now that we have every other instrument on this site, so maybe a piano or keyboard lesson? I know Marcus is a good piano player, maybe he could give us one? smile.gif

In marketing classes, one is taught that statically, of all ideas, only about 20% are good ones. In my view, this one does not make the cut.

edit: you know, it would be nice occasionally if they sold Grizzly Bear pepper spray at convenience stores. I mean, a person might be headed out to Montana to go hiking in the mountains, and heck, in that case it would be nice to just stop at the Kwik shop and get my Grizzly Bear pepper spray. However, I would not consider this a real wise use of shelf space, resources are finite items, better things out there to put on that shelf.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jan 26 2008, 06:36 AM

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jan 26 2008, 08:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (RobM @ Jan 26 2008, 05:50 AM) *

Well, playing a simgle melody is really easy, but IMHO playing "decently" keys are a bit more difficult tongue.gif This sincronization is difficult for me... but well, I hope with half an hour pracice every day I can play it good enough

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 26 2008, 01:44 PM
Instructor
I agree, I think many people would like to see piano lessons too. wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Nobody
Jan 27 2008, 12:10 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Jan 26 2008, 02:44 PM) *
I agree, I think many people would like to see piano lessons too. wink.gif

There sure are! :]
Some kind of keyboard is surely the next thing I'll get because for me that's the best choice for a second instrument. But it'll be in a month or two of hard working :/

--------------------
ARM THE HOMELESS!!

IPB Image

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 27 2008, 12:12 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
yeah paino lessons would be awsome because i am really stuck in my piano playing and cant find any good lessons

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 27 2008, 01:25 PM
Singing Instructor
I woud like to se som piano lessons to...every instrument is dificult in his own way.....in modern music...but in clasicall piano is one of the hurdes instruments to play...consideriong separating your hand(left/right)and your legs it is just the bigining...bud being the one of the less dinamical instruments the great piano players ar ones who can make piano sound like violin..

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Jan 27 2008, 04:19 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
It would be awesome, because I want to learn how to play the piano. smile.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Jan 27 2008, 04:25 PM
I know Piano, and it helps so much. It has helped in the 9 months of me playing guitar, the 1 1/2 years of bass clarinet, and now i just started basson. Piano was the first, and my band director loves me, im the only basson player cappable of doing it, acorrding to her. but piano helps. that is all you need to know. (only if you have a good teacher. my sister and my mom taught me almost everything i know, more than my piano teacher has ever taught me. i also learned more in 30 pages of a book than that lady has ever taught me. chose wisely)

ill try to get a piano lesson. dont know if it will work

This post has been edited by g-forcelover: Jan 27 2008, 04:26 PM

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
RobM
Jan 29 2008, 05:44 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jan 26 2008, 12:24 AM) *
In marketing classes, one is taught that statically, of all ideas, only about 20% are good ones. In my view, this one does not make the cut.

edit: you know, it would be nice occasionally if they sold Grizzly Bear pepper spray at convenience stores. I mean, a person might be headed out to Montana to go hiking in the mountains, and heck, in that case it would be nice to just stop at the Kwik shop and get my Grizzly Bear pepper spray. However, I would not consider this a real wise use of shelf space, resources are finite items, better things out there to put on that shelf.

So much could be said in both a serious and sarcastic tone related to your comment(bites tongue)....

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:47 AM