Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Don't Read This! Its Just Another Suggestion
UncleSkillet
post Jan 26 2008, 01:21 AM
Post #1

Learning Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.915

I have just a suggestion since the site is going through and update phase.

On Kristofers lick of the day archive you can loop backing tracks. I am finding myself with the lessons wanting to do the same. For example, if I am working on a lesson that is teaching me about how to jam with a Jazz swing in D major (just cause its on the front page right now), it would be nice once I learn the lick (got the notes and the key the lesson is in) to be able to improve and explore using D major all over the neck on my own while looping the backing track with that style or feel.

Just my 2 cents. I think this would really help with exploring modes, linking boxes, etc. within the context of the lesson. In other words learning the feel and how to apply it to your own style as well. Not just the notes or how to play a lick.

What do you all think?

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jan 26 2008, 01:34 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
post Jan 26 2008, 01:55 AM
Post #2

Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.374

I think a loop feature on all the video lessons would be great, that way when you mess up, no need to restart the BT.

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Jan 26 2008, 02:02 AM
Post #3

Learning Tone Seeker

QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 25 2008, 07:55 PM) *
I think a loop feature on all the video lessons would be great, that way when you mess up, no need to restart the BT.

Yeah, that would be cool to. I hate having to take my hands off the guitar to click the play button.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Jan 26 2008, 02:02 AM
Post #4

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.410

I "heard" that this is considered for the future site updates wink.gif Its a great feature to have;)

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Jan 26 2008, 02:03 AM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Jan 26 2008, 02:35 AM
Post #5

Learning Tone Seeker

QUOTE (Bogdan @ Jan 25 2008, 08:02 PM) *
I "heard" that this is considered for the future site updates wink.gif Its a great feature to have;)

Hmm, cool. I would be surprised if I was the first one to think of this.

Anyway, like your R & R collab. Wish I had a way to record right now and I would join .

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Jan 26 2008, 03:13 AM
Post #6

Learning Tone Seeker

Wow, Lots of looks and only a few replies. Come on everyone. Has this been brought up before? Do you have an opinion?

What do you think?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maximus
post Jan 26 2008, 03:16 AM
Post #7

GMC:er

Member No.: 2.592

I have thought this every time i reach up and click the mouse to replay the track. Darned tootin suggestion!

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Jan 26 2008, 03:18 AM
Post #8

Learning Tone Seeker

QUOTE (Maximus @ Jan 25 2008, 09:16 PM) *
I have thought this every time i reach up and click the mouse to replay the track. Darned tootin suggestion!

Thanks my friend. Thats what I'm talking about! Can you feel me?

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
post Jan 26 2008, 03:58 AM
Post #9

Group: Passive
Member No.: 2.062

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 25 2008, 08:13 PM) *
Wow, Lots of looks and only a few replies. Come on everyone. Has this been brought up before? Do you have an opinion?

What do you think?

it has been brought up before. I think making the backing tracks loop-able would be one of the best additions to GMC. That way we can jam to the backing without interrupting our playing, which gets annoying.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Jan 26 2008, 04:09 AM
Post #10

Learning Tone Seeker

QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jan 25 2008, 09:58 PM) *
it has been brought up before. I think making the backing tracks loop-able would be one of the best additions to GMC. That way we can jam to the backing without interrupting our playing, which gets annoying.

And it avoids all the download copy right stuff. If you are a member then you can jam with our backing tracks and learn.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ayen
post Jan 26 2008, 08:03 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 2.393

QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 26 2008, 01:55 AM) *

Thanks to the magic of GMC, you can already do this! Just move the arrows on the loading bar to where you want to start and end the loop and TaDa, you've got a looping video!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Rolls
post Jan 26 2008, 08:44 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 2.403

QUOTE (Ayen @ Jan 26 2008, 03:03 AM) *
Thanks to the magic of GMC, you can already do this! Just move the arrows on the loading bar to where you want to start and end the loop and TaDa, you've got a looping video!

You can loop the videos, but in the original post I think he said the backing tracks. I haven't found a way to loop those yet but maybe I'm missing something.

+Quote Post
Ayen
post Jan 26 2008, 09:06 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 2.393

Ah, I thought he meant loop the videos, not the entire lesson. Woops! Well, I'll leave it up for anyone who doesn't know about that.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Mark.
post Jan 26 2008, 09:39 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 3.764

A loop feature ( on the backing tracks ) would be great ohmy.gif
There`s only one lesson ( for as far as I know ) who has that feature, and that's Gabriel's Dark Atmosphere Lesson smile.gif

Mark.

This post has been edited by Mark.: Jan 26 2008, 09:40 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Jan 26 2008, 11:07 AM
Post #15

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

As Bogdan said this is on it's way - the idea is that the looping points will be set by the instructors when producing the lesson.

So that all you will have to do is press play and the backing will loop endlessly! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Jan 26 2008, 01:41 PM
Post #16

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.341

This will be a great feature. Please let us know Kris so we can prepare our lessons according to that. I already have some ideas how to use this effectively. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
post Jan 26 2008, 05:35 PM
Post #17

Learning Tone Seeker

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 26 2008, 05:07 AM) *
As Bogdan said this is on it's way - the idea is that the looping points will be set by the instructors when producing the lesson.

So that all you will have to do is press play and the backing will loop endlessly! smile.gif

This is going to be great. smile.gif I can't wait. Thanks for posting

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2017 - 11:52 AM