3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
What Style Interests You The Most?
Styles Poll
If you had to choose one style, which one would it be?
Neoclassical [ 6 ] ** [10.53%]
Melodical [ 1 ] ** [1.75%]
Melodical Shred [ 17 ] ** [29.82%]
Pure Shred [ 1 ] ** [1.75%]
Jazz [ 1 ] ** [1.75%]
Blues [ 5 ] ** [8.77%]
Oriental [ 1 ] ** [1.75%]
Rock/ Rock N' Roll [ 10 ] ** [17.54%]
Metal [ 12 ] ** [21.05%]
Latin Style [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Other [ 3 ] ** [5.26%]
Total Votes: 57
Guests cannot vote 
FretDancer69
Jan 29 2008, 03:27 AM
GMC:er
As a solo musician/performer, what style interests you the most?, of course, im sure most of us want to learn as much as possible and even blend those styles together, but if you were to choose one, which one would it be?

Neoclassical - Example: Yngwie Malmsteen
Melodical - Example: Neil Zaza
Melodic Shred - Example: Steve Vai/Joe Satriani
Pure Shred - MAB/Rusty Cooley
Jazz - Example: Stanley Jordan
Blues - Example: Jimi Hendrix/Stevie Ray Vaughn
Oriental - Example: ?? tongue.gif
Rock/Rock N' Roll - Example: Angus Young/Slash
Latin Style - Example: Carlos Santana

Im sure i missed other styles, so if i did please mention them smile.gif

Personally, if i had to choice, i would choose Neoclassical, it inspires me ALOT when i listen to Malmsteen or classical pieces by Bach, Vivaldi, etc. I wanna take Neoclassical guitar to the next level!

What about you?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jan 29 2008, 04:36 AM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 29 2008, 03:31 AM
the style that inspires me the most is just pure rock smile.gif its what i play the most, and its what i like the very most smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by stratman33: Jan 29 2008, 03:31 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 29 2008, 03:34 AM
Learning Rock Star
'My My, Hey Hey, Rock and roll is here to stay" - Neil Young smile.gif Yeah, definately 100% Rock and roll!

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jan 29 2008, 03:37 AM
Metal, speed metal, thrash metal.... guess i could say metal

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 29 2008, 03:40 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Voted for melodic shred. Joe Satriani (among other players, and some ballad solo's) has always been one of my favorites.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 29 2008, 03:50 AM
Learning Roadie
Gotta say pure rock and roll. I love it because its already so inspired by the blues, and can touch upon shred if it wants to. I really like pretty much all of them up there but rock and roll is where its at smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 29 2008, 04:19 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
METAL!!!!

(Who saw that coming)

But i pick metal because its the most diverse and varied music i've ever heard, it has everything from opera, classical, blues, and jazz, to chinese folk, norwegian folk, and anything native to any country. I love all styles that use the guitar though, except country, i dont hate it, just not my thing, although Cash is pwnage.

But since you dont have it, i went with Melodic Shred

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jan 29 2008, 04:20 AM

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jan 29 2008, 04:25 AM
Metal is for sure my biggest inspiration. Like the Uncreator said, it's incredibly diverse; It really knows no bounderies.

I picked Neoclassical though. I really just can't get enough Yngwie smile.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 29 2008, 04:25 AM
yeah who saw that coming tongue.gif, oops, let me include it hehe, my bad. biggrin.gif Metal added smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jan 29 2008, 04:27 AM
Damn.. i wanna vote again... I voted for pure shred because Metal wasnt up there

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 29 2008, 04:31 AM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Jan 28 2008, 09:27 PM) *
Damn.. i wanna vote again... I voted for pure shred because Metal wasnt up there

Sorry i forgot, it wasnt my intention, i swear sad.gif *sniff *sniff *sniff

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 29 2008, 04:32 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Jan 28 2008, 10:27 PM) *

Use the force Outlaw2112

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jan 29 2008, 08:26 AM
Instructor
melodical shred tongue.gif BTW is too difficult to decide 'cos there are lot of interesting styles !!

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jan 29 2008, 08:52 AM
Instructor
If I had to pick only one I'd go for neoclassical smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
visi0n
Jan 29 2008, 09:33 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
i have interests in more styles, neoclassical .. awesome .. melodic shred awesome too, also like blues ( stevie ray vaughan ) i think i like the most of the style's except pure shred .. thats not musical to my ears only fast notes .. thats what i thinking smile.gif

This post has been edited by visi0n: Jan 29 2008, 09:34 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr T
Jan 29 2008, 09:55 AM
For me it would be progressive rock and stoner rock, so I voted rock wink.gif

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 29 2008, 10:05 AM
Lets go fishing!
Melodical Shred ala Paul Gilbert for me, wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jan 29 2008, 10:40 AM
I voted Melodic Shred smile.gif
First I wanted to vote pure shred,
but I have more melodic shred albums then pure so I voted Melodic tongue.gif

Mark

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 29 2008, 11:35 AM
Instructor
Wow, lot of melodic shredders in the house! That's cool! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
chast
Jan 29 2008, 11:58 AM
Learning Roadie
I am interessted in every music except pure shred.
Its hard to choose one, and I just cant decide to choose only one style.
For example, neo classical, I really like some licks there, for Jazz its the nice groove. In Metal, I really like most the riffs like Metallica or Pantera etc.
I also like oriental stuff, if it's in the style of Muris's Oriental Shred Lesson.
I could continue this till I die tongue.gif
It's just too hard for me to pick only one style.

This post has been edited by chast: Jan 29 2008, 12:11 PM

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:30 AM