Johnyglobe
post Feb 2 2008, 09:01 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.102

Kris,
I'm a new member and am excited about what i've found here. Quick questions:
How do you get your sound? I see you with your Fender (with single coils) and your sound screams the same as when you use humbuckers!
So: What type of amp do you use? I use a Boogie Mark IV but can't get it to scream the way I want.
Do you use a distortion pedal? If so, do you run it on the clean channel? I haven't used a distortion pedal since I started playing 20 years ago. Is that what I need to add to my sound to get my harmonics to come alive like yours?
Give me some tips and tell me what you're using for gear please?
Thanks.
Johnyglobe.

This post has been edited by Johnyglobe: Feb 2 2008, 09:03 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Feb 15 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #2

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

I would advice you to get any high gain distortion and add some delay to it - then practice vibrato like never before to get that screaming sound.

For my sound I just use my guitar and my amp (Peavey tripple X) and the delay that's in the amp (which is quite bad I might add mellow.gif ). For some reason I just can't spend my energy on gear - I feel bad when I do because it feels like I am loosing practcing time! blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Johnyglobe
post Feb 23 2008, 02:09 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4.102

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 15 2008, 12:56 PM) *
I would advice you to get any high gain distortion and add some delay to it - then practice vibrato like never before to get that screaming sound.

For my sound I just use my guitar and my amp (Peavey tripple X) and the delay that's in the amp (which is quite bad I might add mellow.gif ). For some reason I just can't spend my energy on gear - I feel bad when I do because it feels like I am loosing practcing time! blink.gif

I hear ya. I'm the same way. I hate trying to figure out complicated gear - I just want to plug in a play.
thanks again.

John

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
post Mar 5 2008, 09:10 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 862

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 15 2008, 06:56 PM) *

No wonder you have great tone, Peavey XXX's are awesome.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Tjchep
post Mar 6 2008, 12:56 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3.062

Mark IV

I hate you smile.gif.

Killer amp.. Its got TONS of distortion, so not sure if thats your problem.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2017 - 11:34 PM