Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Change In Picking Style
post Feb 5 2008, 01:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.401

I've been practicing some runs currently as I struggle on them. For some examples I have been doing runs as follows

Rush - YYZ
1st run in Death - 1000 Eyes Solo
1st big run in Dio - Don't Talk To Strangers

Whenever I play them my pick always gets caught or I do something wrong and it sounds really disjointed. I changed my picking style slightly and my finger nearest thumb more flexible and arched the thumb to be parallel with string and the pick attack angle was increased I believe but I could pick more smoothly and I think it seemed to flow more and at faster speeds. Is this sometimes the case that a slight change in picking can cause a huge increase in speed and the smoothness or am I just being hopeful.

Although I have played for about 7 hours today but my right hand never feels hurt ever but I've just noticed a pain in my left hand that has occured for a while. I think I am more relaxed with right hand but its worrying me so maybe I should have a break for a bit?

Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2016 - 01:37 AM