Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Big Time Guitar Mods
danger
post Feb 5 2008, 10:21 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.150

I'm the proud owner of a Tokai Les Paul copy NALS-45 model and have had it now for almost 2 years. I've been looking for a guitar that has a trem system and some hotter pickups to change things up a bit because the pick ups on the Tokai aren't that great. But after playing so many guitars at local shops I can't find anything that fits like this guitar, so my question is to those of you who have done this kind of thing, how much would it cost to have a bigsby installed, new machineheads (the old ones arent great), and some new pickups also installed. I mean how much do you think the work would cost, not the parts, cause I've never had any kind of work done on a guitar before.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
post Feb 5 2008, 11:43 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 810

you should check these tremolo replaements out, they look alot better than bigsby
made by GÖLDO, SCHALLER, GÖLDO, SCHALLER
they sell them on thomann.de if u live in europe its a good online store but im sure if u live in america theres gonna be shops with these as well

+Quote Post
KloCkWorXx
post Feb 8 2008, 05:04 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3.622

pickups installed shouldnt be that expensive... the shop buy my charges 40$ usd a humbucker installed, but there is a guy who runs a shop installs the pickups for 20% the cost of the pickup.. but then again u could get a solder gun for 10 bucks n do it yourself..

--------------------
My gear:
epi zakk wylde
ec 1000 cherry
js 100 w dimarzios
dean from hell
5150 half stack
micro cube
Effects: boss delay dd-6, EH small clone chorus, Wylde Wah, Heil talkbox, Boss super overdrive, Rp 250
NS2 Noise Suppressor, DOD YJM308 Yngwie Malmsteen Overdrive

+Quote Post
Owen
post Feb 8 2008, 06:46 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2.113

QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ Feb 5 2008, 02:43 PM) *
you should check these tremolo replaements out, they look alot better than bigsby
made by GÖLDO, SCHALLER, GÖLDO, SCHALLER
they sell them on thomann.de if u live in europe its a good online store but im sure if u live in america theres gonna be shops with these as well

Thanks for sharing that, I had no idea there were easy tremolo fittings for a les paul without major routing.

Good combo with that I'm imagining would be the Schaller locking tuners to make sure it doesnt even think about going out of tune. The pickups of course are at your own disgression. But that option is about £136 for a good working trem, probably available cheaper in the US mind.

Overall a good, comprehensive upgrade would probably cost around the £250 mark smile.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2017 - 02:03 PM