> So Nervous!, Audition
Iron King
post Feb 11 2008, 05:08 AM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.058

QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 10 2008, 09:22 PM) *
Can you update us with the song? Maybe we can make a lesson or give you some tips if you have the time wink.gif

ugh man, I think I'm losing my hair stressing out about this
I'm gonna dedicate my entire night to tabbing this song
sigh, now I know why people say ear training is so important... I made the mistake of working on speed instead of my ears

I got the number of a university professor, I'm gonna give him a call and ask him for help, but I will surely accept the help of any kind gmc member tongue.gif

and yeah, I think personality is important with this kind of band. They remind me of Guns, so as long as I drink and cause trouble I should be ok
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iron King
post Feb 12 2008, 01:59 AM
Post #22

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.058

the audition went well btw
I didn't learn the entire song but I asked to guy to play the riff once and I picked it up instantly

I started off with Rock & Roll by Zep, and they all just joined in so that was cool
Then we jammed on their song, followed by a jam off a riff I improvised... which was bad

my riff was cool but the lead guitarist wasn't able to do anything with it, so despite showing off my skills, it was probably wasn't a good thing because we seemed at odds. anyway so we ended up doing a 12 bar blues

I ended it by playing the first song they ever played "Search and Destroy" by Iggy Pop and I think that went well. It also helped that I was wearing my Motorhead shirt, which was one of their favorite bands.

oh yeah, sometime during the jam I clicked on my wah pedal and started doing some funk... they just looked at me like I was crazy, funny

anyway, it went a lot better than I thought but they have about 20 candidates so even though they said I was a talented guitarist, it's easy to be lost in the shuffle.

we'll see
thanks for all the help guys
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 08:11 AM