Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Learining Piano
Gen
post Feb 14 2008, 06:38 PM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.797

This guy is a genius on piano : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-8dV-dnPSk aswell as on guitar biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RobM
post Feb 15 2008, 05:40 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 2.353

QUOTE (jeff @ Feb 14 2008, 12:22 PM) *
Probably right about this, but for me I just want to learn a few things. I don't need to be the next Stevie Wonder. I just want a few basic things and a few GMC piano lessons would be perfect for me. smile.gif

What being the next blind pop star isn't what you're looking for, lol? I agree with you, considering we now have bass and drum instructional video clips on GMC I'd also like to see keyboard/piano added to the mix. All of the mentioned instruments are part of what makes up several different popular bands. There was a thread on this recently and (trying to be nice so I'm not saying what I feel here) didn't like the idea.

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
post Feb 15 2008, 06:59 AM
Post #23

Singing Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.960

I think that this piano learning thing is very good because it could help you how with your backings.....
or if you have some kind off midi controller or keyboard...you can ply bass or pads..so it is helpful im so many ways....iven the basics stuff....

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
post Feb 15 2008, 10:41 AM
Post #24

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.927

QUOTE (jeff @ Feb 14 2008, 02:38 AM) *
Marcus - you there? I've seen you play. biggrin.gif

Thank you for thinking of me Jeff! smile.gif
I'll look into it, but I can't promise anything yet..

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
visi0n
post Feb 15 2008, 10:54 AM
Post #25

Learning Tone Seeker

Member No.: 2.772

I really love playing Piano, i only can play one part of X Japan smile.gif but its beautifull

--------------------

+Quote Post
purple hayes
post Feb 15 2008, 02:04 PM
Post #26

Ultimate Guitar Hero

Member No.: 2.712

Here's a guy from YouTube that posts some (I assume) easy to play lessons.

http://youtube.com/user/Brad99r

/count me as another vote for adding keyboard lessons to GMC.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
TekHousE
post Feb 15 2008, 05:27 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 3.873

I am a keyboard player as well. Been playing since I was 6 and I'm 40 now wink.gif

I got to say that you MUST do BOTH hands right from the start. I know its boring but scales with both hands at the SAME time is essential.

If you neglect this your left hand will become weaker and in effect you will notice this later on when you will see that you can only play chords with your left hand, instead of being able to play melody with that hand.

Trust em I know I did it! As I started out as an electronic organ player, NOT a piano player. Later on in my career, well when I was 11, I started Piano after winning one. I basically went back to zero with my left hand. Luckily with the background I already had it did not take long to catch up to my right hand.

So..

Scales, learn them one handed, then do them both hand together, Ascending ( i.e. going UP the scale) and then Descending (the opposite)

Then do them COUNTER. This means start the left hand at the Ascended note of the scale and the right hand at the Descended note then play the left hand going down the scale and the right hand going up. You can do this starting with only ONE octave and then later on do it in multiple octaves. The critical thing is the correct fingering for each note.

For this:

Below are the Group I Major Scales. C G D A and E. The numbering system is based on your thumb being 1 and your pinky being 5. Octaves were chosen for readability, these can be done anywhere on the keyboard.

PS: Your THUMB or number 1 finger, always crosses UNDER your other fingers. Its actually quite logical and obvious, not to mention physically impossible to dop it any other way..but I thought I would mention it. smile.gif

Attached Image

Hope this helps you start off..

This post has been edited by TekHousE: Feb 15 2008, 05:29 PM

--------------------
"An Aussie in Finland"

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
post Feb 15 2008, 05:37 PM
Post #28

Singing Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.960

wow...thanks TekHousE for this ...so helpful...I think that this is just the good way for introducing but we need video explenations ...cant wait to see them...but this is great..smile.gif

--------------------

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Feb 16 2008, 03:07 PM
Post #29

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.341

Thanks for those exercises, they are very helpful.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2017 - 07:44 AM