Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Check Out This One From Paul Gilbert!
post Feb 15 2008, 01:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.920

So as some of us may or may not know, Paul Gilbert just released his new album, Silence Followed By Deafening Roar, like a week ago.

I just HAVE to share this tune. I gotta say, it's one of the most uplifting, good-feeling, technical guitar songs I've heard in awhile.. It's awesome

Youtube - Norwegian Cowbell

There is no tabs out for it yet, but It's one of those I MUST LEARN! biggrin.gif

Anyone interested in trying to figure out this piece with me?

It's a great song. 1:42-2:00 is absolutely sweet smile.gif

God said "Let there be LIGHT"
and Chuck Norris said "Say Please"

Ibanez RG Prestige 1570 Mirage Blue
Fender Mexican Strat HSS Arctic White
G&L Climax Marble body (Found my Gotoh trem bar!)
Crate GT1200H Half Stack
PodXTLive board
Ibanez delay and chorus tank pedals
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Feb 15 2008, 01:30 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.797

I TOTALLY love this song, its actually my favourite piece of the album, with "Silence followed by a deafening roar". biggrin.gif
I just love those simple chords in the beginning, i think it sounds great, and yeah, that part you mentionned is awesome smile.gif but i prefer to wait his next instructional dvd to learn it, i just dont wanna start to learn it with wrong bases biggrin.gif and well, i have to say i'm bit lazy on stuff like learning songs etc laugh.gif

"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2016 - 12:58 PM