Post #21

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.001

QUOTE (Bogdan @ Feb 18 2008, 05:47 PM) *
That works all the time and maybe some nunchucks stuff.. smile.gif

haha yeah I totally love the idea of haveing a fun intermission smile.gif

mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Feb 18 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.061

December 2007 me and my band had a terrible gig. We played good, but the audience was nothing but a bunch of drunk childish pretty boys that were taking their clothes off and spilling beer all over the place. Complete silence after every song... NO applauds.

We didnt really do anything, I just got pissed off and tried to finish the gig as fast as possible. Atleast we got payed for that gig biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
post Feb 18 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 706

I've had some fun playing at smaller gigs where there is always some totally drunk idiot who thinks he can sing. So, I have used a real cheap broken mic and put it on a stand and let him use it. Of course it is always turned off or so low that no one can hear it. The drunks usually don't know the difference.

It works two ways, one is that the guy who is singing has a great experience in his mind and the crowd gets a real kick out of watching him make a fool of himself. They usually remember that they had a good time at your gig and really that is mostly what they are looking for.

So, the moral here is always have a good "idiot mic" handy if you are in the proper venue. If you are a pro, then I would have no clue what to do. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
post Feb 18 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2.484

Well, I try to do my best in every gig, but sometimes it's really difficult... so if there is no way to conect with the audience I try to end the show as fast as posible and drink some beer tongue.gif

+Quote Post
post Feb 18 2008, 10:24 PM
Post #25

Learning Tone Seeker

Member No.: 2.772

QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 18 2008, 09:38 AM) *
I believe it's important to understand the nature of the gig,are you there because of the crowd
or the crowd is there because of you.
In both situations player has to enjoy,here's why. smile.gif
You are invited to play on private party,so crowd has to enjoy the music.
But if player has a bad time enjoying it,the crowd will notice it and everything will go pretty bad.
And now,you have your solo concert,crowd came because of you.
Since it's your solo concert you are enjoying it 100% percents,
crowd is there to adjust,they knew what it was about. wink.gif

And if someone throw a bottle on you...well,it's incident. laugh.gif

I think Muris explained this very well.. first off all you need to enjoy it by yourself smile.gif, thanks for explainin Muris.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2016 - 10:36 PM