Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your Favourite Football Team
OrganisedConfusi...
post Sep 11 2008, 09:50 AM
Post #281

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.401

I wasn't expecting that. biggrin.gif We haven't played that well in a very long time. I only saw the highlights as I was at the cricket. Notts lost by 1 run on the final ball. Was an awesome match. Bring on the Premiership weekend smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
post Sep 11 2008, 10:51 AM
Post #282

Member No.: 4.915

I dont watch soccer tongue.gif But i would say liverpool biggrin.gif

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
Duncan
post Sep 11 2008, 04:39 PM
Post #283

Member No.: 3.904

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Sep 11 2008, 09:50 AM) *
I wasn't expecting that. biggrin.gif We haven't played that well in a very long time. I only saw the highlights as I was at the cricket. Notts lost by 1 run on the final ball. Was an awesome match. Bring on the Premiership weekend smile.gif

I know it was amazing. I haven't got in to an England like that for a long long time. It shows how good we can be when no one panics. Good to see Rooney playing well for England again. But yes I can't wait for the Premiership this weekend. I'm going to be in France but I'll be on my Mum's computer updating 606.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Sep 11 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #284

QUOTE (Duncan @ Sep 11 2008, 04:39 PM) *
I know it was amazing. I haven't got in to an England like that for a long long time. It shows how good we can be when no one panics. Good to see Rooney playing well for England again. But yes I can't wait for the Premiership this weekend. I'm going to be in France but I'll be on my Mum's computer updating 606.

Some big games as well. I'm interested in seeing Chelsea - Man City highlights of Robinho and is it Man United - Liverpool this weekend?

I'm a bit annoyed as I can't pay too much attention tomorrow as my mates coming up to Nottingham who I haven't seen in 2 years and we are seeing Meshuggah but I will still keep updated on the Boro score. I couldn't be arsed going to Portsmouth biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Duncan
post Sep 11 2008, 05:12 PM
Post #285

Aye you don't want to go to Portsmouth anyway; it's a horrible place. Manchester United vs Liverpool should be a good game. Mainly because the Scouse will be missing Gerrard and Torres so will probably lack direction. I saw outside a betting shop that 2-0 to United with Berbatov as first scorer returned about £300 when you put on a tenner. If I was a gambling man I'd be half tempted.

+Quote Post
Duncan
post Sep 13 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #286

QUOTE (Duncan @ Sep 11 2008, 05:12 PM) *
Aye you don't want to go to Portsmouth anyway; it's a horrible place. Manchester United vs Liverpool should be a good game. Mainly because the Scouse will be missing Gerrard and Torres so will probably lack direction. I saw outside a betting shop that 2-0 to United with Berbatov as first scorer returned about £300 when you put on a tenner. If I was a gambling man I'd be half tempted.

I hate football so much. Bring back internationals.

Saying that, Carragher thinks this win can help Liverpool launch a title challenge. At least something cheered me up.

Looking forward to City Chelsea. Come on Robinho!

+Quote Post
Duncan
post Sep 22 2008, 10:30 AM
Post #287

This weekend was pretty mad for football.

The Chelsea game was ridiculous for so many reasons. Why oh why did Manchester United just seem to sit back after scoring? Had they taken the game to Chelsea they could have easily come away with three points. The build up to the first goal was terrific. They had so many other chances they should have buried. The sooner Wayne Rooney finds his aim the better. Chelsea dominated the second half and I thought Rio Ferdinand did well in containing them. Not to mention the fact he was clearly pushed in the box right before the Chelsea game. But hey, to come away from Stamford Bridge with a point isn't bad. In terms of the yellow cards 7 was completely ridiculous. You can't book someone for saying something like "(Edit - Duncan see the new guidelines before posting*ing out swear words is no lnger permitted - Tony) ref, that's not a foul", especially in a heated game like this. It's merely frustration and not 'disrespecting' the referee. The fact that only one yellow card was handed out to Chelsea is completely laughable. Ronaldo was taken out with an awful challenge on the edge of the box which could have easily been a red. Riley had a really really bad game.

Manchester City was incredible yesterday though. So clinical in front of goal. It did help that Portsmouth's defence have the pace of a snail, and it appears the same level of awareness. Robinho was a delight to watch, especially when he took it past a flailing David James. Still though I find it hard to believe they can keep that level of performance up week to week. I'd like to see Robinho try any of those tricks against defenders like Vidic or Terry. He'd most probably get completely clattered.

My biggest smile of the weekend however came from Liverpool. It just shows what a joke of a club they are how they can't beat Stoke at home. Really cheered me up that did.

Tottenham looked the worst side in the Premiership at the moment. Bentley seems to be none existent on the pitch, and I'm starting to wonder if Spurs should have even bought him. Lennon seemed to be much more affective on the wings. Bent needs to start scoring more. One because he's in my fantasy team, and two because I can't see where else Tottenham's goals are going to come from.

Newcastle were also poor, but no change there.

This post has been edited by tonymiro: Sep 22 2008, 03:14 PM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Sep 22 2008, 10:34 AM
Post #288

We were annoying. Controlled the game all the way through, got a penalty and then we missed it which gave them an obvious confidence boost for them to score and for us to let another in whilst trying to get an equaliser. We need more confidence infront of goal. We are playing well across the field. Just need the final finish. Tuncay being injured really doesn't help us either. Lets hope we can keep our 100% home record going this weekend against West Brom.

I agree Man City were awesome and if they keep playing like that they will definitely finish in the top 5. Probably 5th but possibly even 4th if they are lucky. Liverpool don't look like a top 4 side.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Duncan
post Sep 23 2008, 02:12 PM
Post #289

Yeah Boro were a bit unlucky. 2 late goals should really have been avoided. I'm still pleased for Sunderland though.

Also, regarding the amazing Reading goal against Watford at the weekend. I don't agree with the main point of this post on 606 but it didn't half make me chuckle:

QUOTE (Man on 606)
If this situation is not rectified and the result allowed to stand we might as well stay at home and let the officials just make up a score on at 4.50 evey Saturday and be done with it.

Anyway rant over

Next weeks results as follows

Gooners 9 Hull 3

Villa 3 Black Cats 1

Everton 6 Liverpool 10

Fulham 2 Harrods Vouchers West Ham 2 Plates of Pie and Mash

Man U minus 5 Bolton 41

Boro 211 for 6 declared WBA Rain Stopped play

Toon £230m Cash Only no cheques Blackburn Tuppence

Pompey Advantage Rednapp Tottenham Deuce

Stoke 33 Chelsea 4 Pensioners and a Slaone Chick

Wigan 16pts (inc 2 tries) Man City a bucket load of Petrodollars.

+Quote Post
Duncan
post Sep 23 2008, 08:07 PM
Post #290

Ronaldo!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Sep 23 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #291

QUOTE (Duncan @ Sep 23 2008, 08:07 PM) *
Ronaldo!

haha. We may have lost but at least we took one of the scum bags down with us.

It would have been more appropiate united playing Liverpool although it's not really you'll never walk alone it is more like you'll never walk again biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Sep 23 2008, 10:19 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Duncan
post Sep 23 2008, 11:17 PM
Post #292

Are you being serious?

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Sep 24 2008, 12:44 AM
Post #293

No im just annoyed as we dont need more players missing especially our captain doing that.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Sep 24 2008, 10:14 AM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Duncan
post Sep 24 2008, 10:47 AM
Post #294

Thank christ. From what I hear it was a dreadful tackle. I wont see it until the Carling Cup highlights tonight though. Apparently he hasn't broken his leg though, which is lucky.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Sep 24 2008, 11:06 AM
Post #295

QUOTE (Duncan @ Sep 24 2008, 10:47 AM) *
Thank christ. From what I hear it was a dreadful tackle. I wont see it until the Carling Cup highlights tonight though. Apparently he hasn't broken his leg though, which is lucky.

Cool. And I have seen it. It's on you tube. Appaling challenge.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Duncan
post Sep 24 2008, 11:35 AM
Post #296

Jesus christ that was horrific. 3 match ban is laughable.

+Quote Post
Duncan
post Sep 24 2008, 02:09 PM
Post #297

Organised, you seen this?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_4184156,00.html

Platini attacking Wenger. Unbelievable. Wenger has probably done more for the good of football over the past years that most. Complete madness.

Thank god the LMA has stepped in to defend Wenger: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4188968,00.html

+Quote Post
Duncan
post Sep 25 2008, 11:38 AM
Post #298

Roy Keane on Fifa vice-president Jack Warner wanting Dwight Yorke to play international games for Trinidad:

"Yorke is retired. I've told Jack what I think of him and where to go."

What a guy.

+Quote Post
PanicProne
post Sep 27 2008, 10:35 PM
Post #299

Member No.: 4.060

bloddy shame we lost to United today. But then again, who's suprised?

+Quote Post
Duncan
post Sep 27 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #300

QUOTE (PanicProne @ Sep 27 2008, 10:35 PM) *
bloddy shame we lost to United today. But then again, who's suprised?

Shocking penalty decision. Can't see why Ronaldo was being blamed though. He didn't dive, just was tripped up. Tackle was fair but what you gonna do? No Man Utd player appealed for the spot kick and it didn't seem like Ronaldo celebrated much either.

Rooney's finish was class though.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2017 - 02:28 PM