2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recording Advice Wanted (macbook Pro), MacBook Pro ... but what's the next step?
Nemanja Filipovi...
post Feb 28 2008, 06:09 PM
Post #21

Singing Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.960

QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 28 2008, 12:44 AM) *
E-MU 1820m which is my audio card/interface.

Muris that is great soud card...I was thinking to buy E-Mu 0404...(100 e)but she dont have here own preamp...so I was thinking more like M-ausio Audiophile(100 e)...

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sammy_k
post Feb 28 2008, 06:28 PM
Post #22

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 777

QUOTE (wrk @ Feb 28 2008, 04:18 PM) *
As i have the Pod XT i use it to connected my guitar via usb. I don't know if it's the best solution, but it works good for me.
Maybe you should stick to the advice you got before.
I just wanted to do some advertising for GarageBand as a recording tool smile.gif ... because in general i want to be concentrated on playing guitar and i just like the simplicity of GB.

Well, I read good things about GarageBand. I'll definately try it out when everything I'll order arrives smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Feb 28 2008, 07:10 PM
Post #23

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.341

Hey Sammy I forgot, do you have an amp? Why are you buying that 57 again? Thanks.. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
sammy_k
post Feb 29 2008, 04:59 PM
Post #24

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 777

QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 28 2008, 07:10 PM) *
Hey Sammy I forgot, do you have an amp? Why are you buying that 57 again? Thanks.. smile.gif

I got a Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 122 amp at home. I want to be able to mic my amp with a Shure SM 57. I read the Shure SM57 is kind of a standard for recording guitar sound from the amp.

So I need a device where I can plug this microphone in to record my amp. I also wondered if there isn't a build in microphone in the solutions that are mentioned in this thread, because then I might not need a SM 57. But I think I need one smile.gif

So yes I have an amp Ivan. I think the TSL 122 is a really nice amp, however I still have to learn how to use all it's possibilities. When I test the amp in the store with a someone I know, he could get really different sounds out if it after messing a bit with all the buttons smile.gif I think I should experiment more. One 'problem' is that I can't seem to find a good way to play clean stuff in an almost acoustic way. I know Marshall's clean channel is not that great - generally speaking - but the guy I tested it with said it had a pretty nice clean sound for a Marshall smile.gif Only thing is, I didn't find that sound yet and I can't really ask him as he's moved to another country. So if anyone has tips to get more different sounds out of this kind of amp, I'm all yours smile.gif I'm just not that familiar yet with what things to lower/higher in order to get a more..or less...sound.

This post has been edited by sammy_k: Feb 29 2008, 05:05 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Mar 1 2008, 04:40 PM
Post #25

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.341

Your amp is excellent my friend. You can definitely get a decent sound by micing it via Toneport, and then I suggest you bypass all the toneport settings in order to keep the Marshall tone clean and well defined. Also with micing your amp comes some other small problems, like you need a good sound isolated room in order to cracnk the amp up to a decent recording voume, then good reverberation dumping in the room&around the amp in order to record as clean and dry as possible.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2017 - 05:45 PM