post Feb 20 2008, 01:15 AM
Post #1

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 4.261

Anyone had any accidents or incidents happend during a live show? smile.gif

I have one..
It's been a number of years since i played live, but one time i almost managed to light the floor on fire.
During a break in a song, i fired up a cigarette.. and when it was time to start playing again, i placed the cig on a railing that covered the side of the stage, and being me.. i forgot about it.
Vibrations caused the cig to fall down, and offcourse.. it landed on the carpets we had placed on the floor smile.gif

Not long after i sensed some smoke in the air, and thought: "Eyh, we dont have a smokemachine", and i turn around and see a soundguy stomping like a maniac on the carpet.

Well, i guess it would have been funnier to see it in action.. but i thought i would share anyway smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
post Feb 20 2008, 01:40 AM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 2.159

Too many but here's my fav wink.gif

Maybe 10 years ago I had a demo bend,rehearsal "room" was a gallery(5 meters height)
above main stage in local concert hall.
Important thing is,that was an open gallery with only small fence around 30cm height.
And some "wise" guy putted a blanket as "wall" to make some privacy for bend or som.
So,we were playing for few hours,
we took a break and I wanted to have a rest on the wall with my backs.... blink.gif
I was falling down turned back my head in leading position laugh.gif
Luckily,I have had those Ninja reflexes so I grab the fence with my legs
while tearing the blanket with my right hand and holding guitar with my left hand laugh.gif

I thought it was wall,so what? dry.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Feb 20 2008, 01:49 AM
Post #3

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.410

QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 20 2008, 01:40 AM) *

Maybe 10 years ago I had a demo bend,rehearsal "room" was a gallery(5 meters height)
Important thing is,that was an open gallery with only small fence around 30cm height.
And some "wise" guy putted a blanket as "wall" to make some privacy for bend or som.
we took a break and I wanted to have a rest on the wall with my backs.... blink.gif
while tearing the blanket with my right hand and holding guitar with my left hand laugh.gif

Oh my god! laugh.gif ahahhahaha this is awesome stuff smile.gif I'm glad everything turned out to be just a funny story smile.gif ehheehhehehe

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
skennington
post Feb 20 2008, 01:54 AM
Post #4

Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.374

QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 19 2008, 07:40 PM) *

QUOTE (Bogdan @ Feb 19 2008, 07:49 PM) *
Oh my god! laugh.gif ahahhahaha this is awesome stuff smile.gif I'm glad everything turned out to be just a funny story smile.gif ehheehhehehe

Me too man but that is pretty funny laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
post Feb 20 2008, 01:57 AM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

Haha biggrin.gif Thats brilliant

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
post Feb 20 2008, 01:59 AM
Post #6

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.857

This isn't about guitar, its about my school band concert. I was getting up to go onstage (this was my first concert) and i go, beaver dam, i dont have my music! so i run, tear through my teachers private music to find it, and run back out onto the stage late. then i forgot one, so i had to play it by memory. (that didn't work out to well)

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
post Feb 20 2008, 02:00 AM
Post #7

Instructor
Group Icon

I could have died guys sad.gif that's just not funny sad.gif unsure.gif blink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
skennington
post Feb 20 2008, 02:03 AM
Post #8

Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.374

[quote name='Muris' date='Feb 19 2008, 08:00 PM' post='141353']
I could have died guys sad.gif that's just not funny sad.gif unsure.gif blink.gif laugh.gif
[/quote

Not with them ninja skills ph34r.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
post Feb 20 2008, 02:05 AM
Post #9

Instructor
Group Icon

[/quote

Not with them ninja skills ph34r.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif
[/quote]

Yep,guess so biggrin.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
post Feb 20 2008, 02:07 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 1.697

First is a story about mine screw up.. just a short 1.. Was playing a christmas assembly in highschool.. Basically the song starts with a combination of christmas carols played on guitar and bass. After the last bit is played i have to hit distortion and play a single powerchord going into the heavy part of the song smile.gif Well my pedal was a little far away and well i hit it a little too hard and kicked out my patch chord.. and this song completely relies on when i come in. So instead of the whole band starting and me fixing my mess and carrying on.. i have to go fix my pedal and then play the chord again ( talk about embarrassing)

Second story is one i heard from my bassist. He is also a saxaphonist. Playing a show with highschool again he goes to grab his music and go on stage. He can't find it. So instead he grabs a tuba part and transposes the whole thing on the spot. After doing this in a frantic haste he runs on stage just to have 1 of the Tuba players asking the band why he has sax music and not a tuba part biggrin.gif the fact that he had to transpose a 30 minute peice in about 10 minutes right before he ran on stage made me chuckle a bit smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Feb 20 2008, 02:10 AM
Post #11

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.410

I got off the stage after a pretty big gig (competition one also)..At that time I didn't have the pedalboard so I held all my pedals etc in a plastic bag..So I got off the stage and was like crazy - Where is my bag , where is my bag ??!!! I shouted to everyone.I thought I left it on stage.In all excitement I didn't notice that I had my bag in my hands all the time smile.gif hehehehe

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Feb 20 2008, 02:11 AM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
post Feb 20 2008, 02:24 AM
Post #12

Group: Passive
Member No.: 2.062

QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Feb 19 2008, 07:07 PM) *
First is a story about mine screw up.. just a short 1.. Was playing a christmas assembly in highschool.. Basically the song starts with a combination of christmas carols played on guitar and bass. After the last bit is played i have to hit distortion and play a single powerchord going into the heavy part of the song smile.gif Well my pedal was a little far away and well i hit it a little too hard and kicked out my patch chord.. and this song completely relies on when i come in. So instead of the whole band starting and me fixing my mess and carrying on.. i have to go fix my pedal and then play the chord again ( talk about embarrassing)

Second story is one i heard from my bassist. He is also a saxaphonist. Playing a show with highschool again he goes to grab his music and go on stage. He can't find it. So instead he grabs a tuba part and transposes the whole thing on the spot. After doing this in a frantic haste he runs on stage just to have 1 of the Tuba players asking the band why he has sax music and not a tuba part biggrin.gif the fact that he had to transpose a 30 minute peice in about 10 minutes right before he ran on stage made me chuckle a bit smile.gif

was that when you played No Presents for christmas this past christas? ohmy.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
post Feb 20 2008, 03:42 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 1.897

QUOTE (Bogdan @ Feb 19 2008, 07:10 PM) *
I got off the stage after a pretty big gig (competition one also)..At that time I didn't have the pedalboard so I held all my pedals etc in a plastic bag..So I got off the stage and was like crazy - Where is my bag , where is my bag ??!!! I shouted to everyone.I thought I left it on stage.In all excitement I didn't notice that I had my bag in my hands all the time smile.gif hehehehe

laugh.gif laugh.gif How'd you manage that!! unsure.gif unsure.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
post Feb 20 2008, 06:06 AM
Post #14

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Bogdan @ Feb 20 2008, 02:10 AM) *

Haha.. that happens to me alot, but usually with smaller items. I can go around looking for a pick then i find out i'm allready holding one.

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post Feb 20 2008, 06:23 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 2.595

QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Feb 19 2008, 09:06 PM) *
Haha.. that happens to me alot, but usually with smaller items. I can go around looking for a pick then i find out i'm allready holding one.

Oh, man, I do that all the time! biggrin.gif I spend 10 minutes looking for something before realizing it's in my hand or pocket. Another thing that annoys the heck out of me is when I set stuff down in random places without noticing it, while I'm walking around or something, and then I can never find whatever it is later on. Or when someone hands me something, and I don't notice. Until 10 minutes later, when I realize it and go, "How the heck did this get in my hand?!" laugh.gif I love being an idiot.

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
post Feb 20 2008, 08:48 AM
Post #16

Singing Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.960

well it kinda have some thing to do with me...we were shoting a showe in nationla television....and every thin was falling a part...and my bass player,who by the way have 140 Kg just desapeard from the stage...he went troug the flor of the stage wich was 1,5 m high....but he is is very wide man...so he did not go all the way....

--------------------

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
post Feb 20 2008, 08:53 AM
Post #17

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nemanja @ Feb 20 2008, 08:48 AM) *
well it kinda have some thing to do with me...we were shoting a showe in nationla television....and every thin was falling a part...and my bass player,who by the way have 140 Kg just desapeard from the stage...he went troug the flor of the stage wich was 1,5 m high....but he is is very wide man...so he did not go all the way....

ohmy.gif biggrin.gif
Haha..

I hope he didnt get any serious injuries..

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Feb 20 2008, 08:53 AM

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
post Feb 20 2008, 08:57 AM
Post #18

Singing Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Feb 20 2008, 08:53 AM) *
ohmy.gif biggrin.gif
Haha..

I hope he didnt get any serious injuries..

no no ...his is a big man( 2m high) and very strong.....to bad hi will not play in band anny more...hi is gonig in Africa for 3 years.... sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
post Feb 20 2008, 09:22 AM
Post #19

Instructor
Group Icon

Thats a shame sad.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
post Feb 20 2008, 09:26 AM
Post #20

Singing Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Feb 20 2008, 09:22 AM) *
Thats a shame sad.gif

yeah when you are with some one in a band for about 4 years...and you bean trogh so much together...it is hard to continue with playing in the sam band...but we hope for the best...smile.gif

....sory for off topic unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2017 - 08:07 PM