Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teach Us Some Bjorn Berge Style Guitar, whatc the youtube, then you understand what i mean
Ramblingman
post Feb 20 2008, 07:54 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.300

Can some of the gmc staff have a lesson about Bjorn Berge, i want to teach me that style of guitar, it sounds so azzoum... laugh.gif its like an hole maestro all alone, but its only one guitar...plz post a lesson about this.. rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
post Feb 20 2008, 08:04 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1.061

Yeah man, that would be great. If you wanna start playing like Bjørn Berge I recommend you starting to learn some acoustic fingerpicking blues. There are tons of instructional DVD's in this style. I have one by Stefan Grossman, I think its great. He have many.
Jim Dunlop metal finger picks and plastic thumb picks are also nice to get that loud and heavy sound he gets. And of course a slide.

Btw if you check out the Lick of the Day competition uploads thread later I'm gonna upload a mini lesson that is kiiiiiinda alittle like Bjørn Berge, just that its noooo where near his fantastic amazing skills smile.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pfte-sL1Jtc&feature=related amazing...

Btw if you like Bjørn Berge you should check out Leo Kottke as well.

This post has been edited by Robin: Feb 20 2008, 08:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
post Feb 20 2008, 08:12 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1.632

This would be totally awesome. we need more lessons like this here.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Gen
post Feb 20 2008, 08:14 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1.797

I think Robin could easily handle Bjorn Berge style lessons biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Robin
post Feb 20 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Gen @ Feb 20 2008, 08:14 PM) *
I think Robin could easily handle Bjorn Berge style lessons biggrin.gif

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111oneoneoneone

You sure are funny mr. Gen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
post Feb 20 2008, 08:17 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1.797

QUOTE (Robin @ Feb 20 2008, 10:15 PM) *
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
L
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111oneoneoneone

You sure are funny mr. Gen.

Im serious smile.gif you re way to modest, sorry for hijacking the thread laugh.gif
but anyways, i agree, acoustic fingerpicking lessons in this style would be exellent!

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Robin
post Feb 20 2008, 08:20 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Gen @ Feb 20 2008, 08:17 PM) *
Im serious smile.gif you re way to modest, sorry for hijacking the thread laugh.gif
but anyways, i agree, acoustic fingerpicking lessons in this style would be exellent!

F*** you mad.gif

Nah I'm just joking Gen wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
chast
post Feb 20 2008, 08:52 PM
Post #8

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 2.361

QUOTE (Robin @ Feb 20 2008, 08:04 PM) *

Awesome groove smile.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Ramblingman
post Feb 21 2008, 11:41 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 4.300

QUOTE (Robin @ Feb 20 2008, 08:04 PM) *
Yeah man, that would be great. If you wanna start playing like Bjørn Berge I recommend you starting to learn some acoustic fingerpicking blues. There are tons of instructional DVD's in this style. I have one by Stefan Grossman, I think its great. He have many.
Jim Dunlop metal finger picks and plastic thumb picks are also nice to get that loud and heavy sound he gets. And of course a slide.

Btw if you check out the Lick of the Day competition uploads thread later I'm gonna upload a mini lesson that is kiiiiiinda alittle like Bjørn Berge, just that its noooo where near his fantastic amazing skills smile.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pfte-sL1Jtc&feature=related amazing...

Btw if you like Bjørn Berge you should check out Leo Kottke as well.

Good one. im looking forward to your lesson;)

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 01:30 AM