Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm So Depressed And Now I'm In Tears., Please help me
Duncan
post Feb 26 2008, 01:27 AM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.904

Man that sucks. But things can only get better. I always put little chips in my guitar and I hate myself for it, but at the end of the day, as long as it still sounds good, that's all that really matters.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
post Feb 26 2008, 01:37 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 1.897

Man, I'm really sorry and I very much hope everything gets better. sad.gif Like Pavel said, it's about the sound. Doesn't matter how it looks as long and its playable. Don't feel bad, keep on rocking and save up for another one. Yeah thats a lot of money but you can do it! Yeah thats is a lot of money... maybe you CAN get it repaired. smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Feb 26 2008, 01:41 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 3.401

My post should come up soon in Classifieds.I'm selling all 3 of my guitars because I have lost interest now. I'm useless at guitar, bass and singing even after 6 years playing guitar and all my life playing musicial instruments. And the guitars make me miserable now. Some good prices on them so when they come up please give me some serious offers.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
post Feb 26 2008, 01:45 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 1.632

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 25 2008, 07:41 PM) *
My post should come up soon in Classifieds.I'm selling all 3 of my guitars because I have lost interest now. I'm useless at guitar, bass and singing even after 6 years playing guitar and all my life playing musicial instruments. And the guitars make me miserable now. Some good prices on them so when they come up please give me some serious offers.

If you never listen to another person ever, listen to me now. RECONSIDER. for me guitar is the most wonderful thing in the world. and you know what? ive felt this way too. i wanted to never play again, i thought i was complete crap. but i kept going. and i am so glad i did. just my 2 cents though.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Feb 26 2008, 01:47 AM
Post #25

I think it's about time for me to stop as I really don't enjoy it anymore. I've lost interest in my band and damaging my favourite guitar that I've looked after so carefully and polished every day was the final straw. I want to sell the guitars as I want somebody to own them and have fun with them like they are supposed to be for. I don't have any fun anymore so it is time I sold them to a home where they will be looked after and loved smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
post Feb 26 2008, 01:49 AM
Post #26

Group: Passive
Member No.: 2.062

QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Feb 25 2008, 06:45 PM) *
If you never listen to another person ever, listen to me now. RECONSIDER. for me guitar is the most wonderful thing in the world. and you know what? ive felt this way too. i wanted to never play again, i thought i was complete crap. but i kept going. and i am so glad i did. just my 2 cents though.

Guitarman is right. Im really sorry for what happened, and i dont want to be mean, but if you're quiting guitar, in fact, if you're quitting MUSIC because of that... oh man, i dont even wanna say it, but you know it anyways.

Be strong man, Pavels advices are really good, and you dont need a 4000 dollar guitar to produce good music, and to play awesomely.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
post Feb 26 2008, 01:54 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 2.620

DUDE!!! Your not serious... RIght!?!?!?!?!! blink.gif

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
JVM
post Feb 26 2008, 01:54 AM
Post #28

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 1.984

You seem to be making decisions under some kind of emotional stress. Thats never a good idea, at least wait a few days before deciding your next move. You can always sell the guitars a couple weeks from if you still really want to, but if you sell them now you'll never get them back.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Feb 26 2008, 01:55 AM
Post #29

QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Feb 26 2008, 12:49 AM) *
Guitarman is right. Im really sorry for what happened, and i dont want to be mean, but if you're quiting guitar, in fact, if you're quitting MUSIC because of that... oh man, i dont even wanna say it, but you know it anyways.

Be strong man, Pavels advices are really good, and you dont need a 4000 dollar guitar to produce good music, and to play awesomely.

It isn't just because of the guitar. Many factors have led me to this.

Losing interest in band (I write every bit of every song which is stressful and nobody else can even help me arrange gigs)
Never have time to practice because of work
Useless on guitar and don't even know how to hold pick anymore really correctly
Can't play songs I love
Damage to my favourite guitar
Miserable Life currently

etc etc.

I want somebody to own the guitars and have fun with them. That will make me happy. Myself owning them will not.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
post Feb 26 2008, 01:55 AM
Post #30

my post stands. however, i know we didn't agree on some things, but if you do decide to go, just know that we will all miss you. good luck in any future endeavors, and never give up on music. smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
post Feb 26 2008, 01:58 AM
Post #31

Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 2.860

QUOTE (JVM @ Feb 26 2008, 12:54 AM) *
You seem to be making decisions under some kind of emotional stress. Thats never a good idea, at least wait a few days before deciding your next move. You can always sell the guitars a couple weeks from if you still really want to, but if you sell them now you'll never get them back.

yup I`d agree with that, sleep on it mate, even give yourself a break from playing for a bit, but I wouldnt do anything rash and sell it all now.

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Feb 26 2008, 01:58 AM
Post #32

QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Feb 26 2008, 12:49 AM) *

I spent that much money because the guitar is astonishing. Breathtaking. The looks when it wasn't damaged, the sound, the design is unbelievable. It is designed so it is straight the whole way down the guitar and if you lay it on a table is touches in two places only perfectly and nowhere else. It is made by some very talented people and a lot of love has gone into creating it. I loved that guitar and it was worth every penny until a stupid mistake due to a lack of concentration and that is it sad.gif

I'm not in a good time in my life. Don't know what I'm doing or where I'm going in life. I'm trying to struggle through smile.gif

I think I might go to bed but I don't think I'll be able to sleep.

Thanks for actually trying to help me out and that. If I can bring myself to take a picture tomorrow I will sad.gif

I have a theory exam on Wednesday for music also and haven't done anything today apart from cry. sad.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Feb 26 2008, 02:00 AM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
post Feb 26 2008, 02:00 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 2.620

DUDE! NO MAAN! SLEEP OVER IT! blink.gif

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
post Feb 26 2008, 02:00 AM
Post #34

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 4.261

You dont have to be the best guitarplayer in the world to have fun with it and have fun with music
Take a little break, let the need to play build up, and then see if you feel the same

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
post Feb 26 2008, 02:03 AM
Post #35

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 25 2008, 07:58 PM) *
I spent that much money because the guitar is astonishing. Breathtaking. The looks when it wasn't damaged, the sound, the design is unbelievable. It is designed so it is straight the whole way down the guitar and if you lay it on a table is touches in two places only perfectly and nowhere else. It is made by some very talented people and a lot of love has gone into creating it. I loved that guitar and it was worth every penny until a stupid mistake due to a lack of concentration and that is it sad.gif

I'm not in a good time in my life. Don't know what I'm doing or where I'm going in life. I'm trying to struggle through smile.gif

my lifes a mess right now too. i cant seem to get a job, i dont know what im going to study in college, and ive been terribly sick for a week and a half, it hurts so bad i cant play. you have to make your own way in life, nobody else can guide you.
the decision is yours, but remember the good times.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Feb 26 2008, 02:06 AM
Post #36

I've made some real bad decisions lately. Took a job for money rather than enjoyment. I deserve nothing really. Well paid job but excruciatingly dull. Oh well I got paid 3000 dollars tonight. Woohoo lol. I can actually afford dinner tomorrow at work now biggrin.gif Getting paid monthly is annoying when you have rent due that month also.

I'm sorry for talking rubbish earlier as well guitarman sad.gif I'm a bit of a loser really.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
post Feb 26 2008, 03:43 AM
Post #37

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 25 2008, 08:06 PM) *
sad.gif I'm a bit of a loser really.

i dont agree. everyones a winner in their own way. wink.gif

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
SLASH91
post Feb 26 2008, 04:50 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 2.019

Dude, think this over. If you sell all of your gear, think of all of the hours of practice which will have gone to waste, all the money, and most importantly, THE best hobby ever. You don't have to be the next Yngwie Malmsteen for guitar to matter. I mean, hell, look at Kirk Cobain, a pathetic guitarist, who happened to be in one of the most famous bands ever, and I'm sure that your already better than he was. One day you will hate yourself if you sell all of your gear; just please rethink it.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends" -
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post Feb 26 2008, 09:46 AM
Post #39

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.001

Hey man, that really sucks about the guitar - but you will move on from this for sure smile.gif Also, it seems from reading your posts the guitar is just one small thing of many getting you down. Whatever it is I can assure that these problems are addressable!! I was stuck in an IT job which was not bad paid, but extremely stressfull and I wasnt happy at all.

Also I needed some challenges in my life ! So now im studying web devleopment and im hopeing to be a web and graphic designer when my course finishes. Also when I joined GMC I pretty much started guitar from scratch - which was perfect !!

Try to look at how you can start to change the things in your life that are bothering you today. Many hundreds of thousands of us fellow humans also go through some quite seriously rough times, but by pulling through them things dont bother you as much as they once did smile.gif

Good luck !!

P.S , Just buy an average guitar like I did, it plays fantastic but only cost a a couplde hundred pounds! I wont break this one like I would an expensive one and I get more practice done than polishing wink.gif For me a real guitarist is all about the skills and not the instrament smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
post Feb 26 2008, 10:32 AM
Post #40

Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader

Member No.: 1.062

Sorry to hear! sad.gif

Just so you know, most damages are repaiarble. Broken headstocks, chunks out of the wood etc. Just a little something to keep in mind while you're tossing it around adding to the repair cost of a fine guitar dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2017 - 02:13 AM