Soloing! Eek! (beginner), So my guitar teacher dropped the bomb on me!
Greven
Feb 26 2008, 06:55 PM
GMC:er
Hello Kristofer!

I'll get straight to the point. I have played my guitar for about 4 years on and off, and one year seriously, where I practically can't let it go. Exercising ten hours a day, is not something unheard of. I love it. SADLY! however, I have only practiced "one" branch of playing. I have played alot of riffing (metal! \o/) rhythm and such. I have a very fast right hand, but my left hand is not as accurate, although my teacher says so. Anywho, I am no expert, and I am looking for soloing lessons that can teach me to become a better solo guitarist. For that is a huge challenge. I -suck-.
It is not so much the fact I can't hit the notes, nor play at an okay speed, but I really lack improvisation skills and licks. So maybe you could point me towards some, of what you think, could benefit me greatly? I'm not going to ask you to cook up a special lesson just for me, although that would be extremely appreciated tongue.gif But yea... any advice from a great guitarist would be fantastic.

-Greven

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Feb 27 2008, 07:03 AM
okay...may be completely up the wrong alley....since you love metal riffing....BUT, if you want to be good at soloing,....LEARN the 12 bar blues, stick on a backing track and JAM as many licks, phrases, everything, invent your own....In my honest opinion, you can't learn soloing, it's something that's developed by doing, and SUCKING at it for awhile....anywhoo, get at it, and jam....biggrin.gif
Good luck!
Cheers
(I need to learn to take my own advice biggrin.gif)

Sorry, Kris! I always end up posting on your space!, answering other peoples questions help me realize things about myself, so I'm always eager to post smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Paul Coutts: Feb 27 2008, 07:08 AM

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
Greven
Feb 27 2008, 06:46 PM
Any advice is good advice!

Blues soloing you say? well, I'll give it a shot. I know zero licks sad.gif but I'll keep my eyes peeled and with luck pick up a thing or two. I am aware my topic is rather impossible in all its aspects, but I would appreciate it if I was given links to possible, very helpful, links that could teach me the art of soloing ^.^

+Quote Post
Robin
Feb 27 2008, 06:55 PM
QUOTE (Greven @ Feb 27 2008, 06:46 PM) *
Any advice is good advice!

Blues soloing you say? well, I'll give it a shot. I know zero licks sad.gif but I'll keep my eyes peeled and with luck pick up a thing or two. I am aware my topic is rather impossible in all its aspects, but I would appreciate it if I was given links to possible, very helpful, links that could teach me the art of soloing ^.^

Gabriels, kris', ben howells etc. etc. blues/funk lessons !!

(sorry kris for posting before you in your forum)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 30 2008, 11:54 AM
GMC Founder
Sorry I missed this question,

The answer is pretty simple - spend those ten hours per day practicing jazz/blues/country licks instead - a new repertoire will come to you before you know it!

Use the GMC search to find the jazz/blues/country lessons that sound cool to you! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:09 PM