> Loook Here!, Gibson LP on Ebay
audiopaal
post Feb 28 2008, 09:34 PM
Post #21

Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 4.276

I've bought 3 guitars and loads of other stuff of Ebay, and everything has been perfect.. But you have to do your homework before you buy smile.gif

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Feb 28 2008, 09:34 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Angelica
post Feb 28 2008, 10:23 PM
Post #22

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.315

Are we sure it's original? dry.gif

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
Jamesito
post Feb 28 2008, 11:16 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 4.091

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 28 2008, 11:32 AM) *
I think when you've been playing a while you know what will be right for you and what not. Like for me every Parker guitar I have ever touched as been awesome and not just because I've touched it biggrin.gif but now I wont even play it before hand I will just buy it off ebay but remember for us in the UK the difference between trying and buying in a shop and buying on ebay is normally huge. Ebay is half the price usually.

i use ebay a lot and you have to be careful buying guitars from China, most good deals will be a stupidly low price and a lot of shipping cost, so you think well it´s cheap so thewy must make their money in the shipping, realistially it´s a replica... this goes with all things, if it´s a gibson he can give you a serial number that can be checked on line. although this can be pirated by people who duplicate gibsons from an orginal, be careful, only buy from sellers with good feedback ratings!! Like Me !!!! lol tongue.gif

Jamesito cool.gif

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
post Feb 28 2008, 11:41 PM
Post #24

Instructor

Group: Passive
Member No.: 3.084

i see something look like Gibson but i dont believe its the same quality as LP

--------------------

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
post Feb 28 2008, 11:55 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 2.857

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

is this fake? i always thought gibson had set necks

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
skennington
post Feb 29 2008, 12:38 AM
Post #26

Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.374

I see some poor soul bought it here in the US. Went for 202.50 with 135 shipping charge. Hope customs lets it through. I was talking to a co-worker today who used to work in China for an American mfg. He was telling me how you could buy fake Callaway golf clubs for 200.00 a set. He bought a set just to see how bad they were but never got'em back into the US. Apparently it had pissed Callaway off that these chineses knock-offs were being brought into the country so they asked customs to put a stop to it. When he arrived to clear his items, They cut the heads off of each club and told him to get rid of the poles! laugh.gif

The person may never get the guitar if Gibson has anything in place with US customs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
post Feb 29 2008, 12:41 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

QUOTE (g-forcelover @ Feb 28 2008, 05:55 PM) *
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

is this fake? i always thought gibson had set necks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but arn't LP's semi-hollow bodied? This one says solid.

--------------------

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
post Feb 29 2008, 12:43 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 2.857

QUOTE (skennington @ Feb 28 2008, 06:41 PM) *
Correct me if I'm wrong, but arn't LP's semi-hollow bodied? This one says solid.

the LP ultras do. not all of them though.

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
post Feb 29 2008, 12:45 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 1.632

QUOTE (skennington @ Feb 28 2008, 06:38 PM) *
The person may never get the guitar if Gibson has anything in place with US customs.

oh, they'll get their guitar, let me tell you why. the u.s. refuses to crack down on scumbags like this just so we can maintain "good trade relationships" with china. its sick and wrong that people get away with this and makes me furious. gibson already tried to sue chinese manufactures, but were told not too, because it would "endanger trade relations" between the U.S.A and china. because god knows we NEED all that plastic crap. mad.gif

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Feb 29 2008, 12:46 AM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
skennington
post Feb 29 2008, 01:25 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Feb 28 2008, 06:45 PM) *
oh, they'll get their guitar, let me tell you why. the u.s. refuses to crack down on scumbags like this just so we can maintain "good trade relationships" with china. its sick and wrong that people get away with this and makes me furious. gibson already tried to sue chinese manufactures, but were told not too, because it would "endanger trade relations" between the U.S.A and china. because god knows we NEED all that plastic crap. mad.gif

Man, thats BS. I'm with you on this. I deal with International shipments periodically and the entry into other countries seems to be alot tighter. I have to pay $300 a month to be certified for my export crates because of bugs in lumber. Yet I recieive crates/pallets all the time from other countries without the ISPM15 stamp. Go figure mad.gif I think the US will probably let it through as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
post Feb 29 2008, 01:33 AM
Post #31

QUOTE (skennington @ Feb 28 2008, 07:25 PM) *
Man, thats BS. I'm with you on this. I deal with International shipments periodically and the entry into other countries seems to be alot tighter. I have to pay $300 a month to be certified for my export crates because of bugs in lumber. Yet I recieive crates/pallets all the time from other countries without the ISPM15 stamp. Go figure mad.gif I think the US will probably let it through as well.

Exactly! were selling our souls to china, while our country whithers and dies. ive given up almost all hope of anyone changing anything or sticking up for whats right. what we need are leaders who stand for the people, NOT corporate interests.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
Erik Johnson
post Feb 29 2008, 01:44 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 2.095

QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Feb 28 2008, 12:33 PM) *
Exactly! were selling our souls to china, while our country whithers and dies. ive given up almost all hope of anyone changing anything or sticking up for whats right. what we need are leaders who stand for the people, NOT corporate interests.

I will definitely agree with you guys. It really is ridiculous how we're losing so much money just because of this, and why? Because we need the imports from China. The quality of many items is just ridiculously low, and I can't believe that America has still let this go on. *Sigh* If only I could move to Sweden to go play with Marcus and Kris.. laugh.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl)
...you will have taken your very first steps towards Johnson land...

Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Modified), Yamaha Pacifica (Black; modified with different humbuckers and a few other things)

Equipment: Vox DA5 Digital Amp (It's a little weak, but fun nonetheless), Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Wishlist: An Ibanez RG Model, and a yummy Pavel and Andrew Cockburn JEM.. Mmmm. I'd also love a Marshall Stack. That'd be awesome. :D

+Quote Post
skennington
post Feb 29 2008, 02:12 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

Man guys, we need a thread for this very thing. I can spot a fake Jackson ( I think ) ohmy.gif But if I were looking to buy an LP, I really would'nt have a clue as to quality points of interest. Same as any other mfg. I know down the road I will want a different make of guitar and it would be great to have other owners look at what i'm watching and give feedback on it.

Mods?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
post Feb 29 2008, 02:46 AM
Post #34

Here. (my thread BTW) smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
SLASH91
post Feb 29 2008, 02:50 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 2.019

I hate China's products. I mean wasn't it just a few months back, that some type of toys were making toddlers sick because they contained led paint? Guess where it was from.

American products are infinitely better made than Chinese, and you don't have to worry about getting poisened from them dry.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends" -
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
skennington
post Feb 29 2008, 02:57 AM
Post #36

Group Icon

QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Feb 28 2008, 08:46 PM) *
Here. (my thread BTW) smile.gif

Nice links man! We definitely need a sticky here mods.
This one ( not mine ) would be a great thread for members to get input on different guitars for potential purchase.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
post Feb 29 2008, 02:58 AM
Post #37

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 4.261

I find it easy to spot most fakes.. There's always something that gives it away, like the bindings, variation of the companylogo font, odd tussrodcover, pickups looking out of place, bolt-on neckjoint on a Les Paul (obvious giveaway), .. and sometimes even the shine on the paintjob can look odd. etc.etc.etc.etc.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
skennington
post Feb 29 2008, 03:23 AM
Post #38

Group Icon

QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Feb 28 2008, 08:58 PM) *
I find it easy to spot most fakes.. There's always something that gives it away, like the bindings, variation of the companylogo font, odd tussrodcover, pickups looking out of place, bolt-on neckjoint on a Les Paul (obvious giveaway), .. and sometimes even the shine on the paintjob can look odd. etc.etc.etc.etc.

This is the exact input I would love to have when buying used gear. Trond, I'll pm'ya on my next purchase tongue.gif
Seriously, for some of us less experienced guys it would be great to have, especially from instuctors. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
post Feb 29 2008, 03:38 AM
Post #39

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 4.261

QUOTE (skennington @ Feb 29 2008, 03:23 AM) *
This is the exact input I would love to have when buying used gear. Trond, I'll pm'ya on my next purchase tongue.gif
Seriously, for some of us less experienced guys it would be great to have, especially from instuctors. smile.gif

Anytime smile.gif Glad to be of help

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2017 - 03:58 PM