Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can You Recommend A Boss Type Delay Pedal?
bricktop
post Mar 8 2008, 03:16 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 210

I'd like to try out a delay pedal, maybe a boss model or something else, just want to see what the difference between the dd-3 and dd-6 would be for instance?

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Fender
Acoustic Guitars:
Amplifiers: Fender Blues Junior NOS
Effects:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
post Mar 8 2008, 06:35 PM
Post #2

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 1.984

I don't have a dd-6 to tell you about but I can tell you that the dd-3 has served all my delay purposes faithfully. It does slapback to long delay and the hold function can be kind of fun. The dd-6 has some extra features I'm sure but I don't think it's worth the extra money.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
MickeM
post Mar 8 2008, 06:45 PM
Post #3

Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader

Member No.: 1.062

Juat a guess, they have different max delay times? Check www.bossus.com for that info

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
post Mar 9 2008, 12:05 AM
Post #4

Instructor

Group: Passive
Member No.: 3.084

its working about more pre sets and serounding

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Mar 9 2008, 04:16 AM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

I've owned DD3 and have DD20. They are both great units for home and gig use same effects. DD3 has 800ms delay time, and that's plenty, you'll never need more anyway, but it's a mono pedal. If you wanna stereo delay go fro DD6. It has some features like reverse and some other types of delay, but in reality you'll rarely use them.

I wouldnt' recommend DD6 since it is more expensive and has 4seconds of delay and you'll never use that much anyway, mostly you will use something around 200-300ms. But it has a stereo out, and if you really need this option than it is OK - other than that - you don't really need it.

DD20 is a great unit on the other hand but much more expensive than previous two. it has 23seconds of delay time, capable of serving as a loop unit for jamming along, storing 23 seconds of you playing and playing it back or playing over it with some delay added, also you can overdub that again infinite number of times. Unfortunately it cannot save the looped content so when you change the preset the playback goes away. It has numerous delay types like standard, analog , smooth, reverse, twist, tape(roland space echo emulation)and other. It is a stereo in stereo out pedal with headphones out, so it'sa completely digital processing device, but it does the job great, whetter you need it for studio or gigs it will produce very warm and natural sound always.

It is important to note that delay on the DD3 and standard delay preset on DD20 are basicaly the same thing. SO if you need something basic and for a good price that will give space to your solos that DD3 is the way to go.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
PanicProne
post Mar 9 2008, 02:31 PM
Post #6

GMC:er

Member No.: 4.060

Hey. I own a DD6 and I think it's absolutely brilliant! As Milenkovic here above said, you probably won't be using the suuper long delays but the warp and reverse modes are great fun! So I say go for a dd6 or a dd3. Both of them are great pedals.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2017 - 02:18 PM