Dava Master Control Pick
Outlaw2112
Mar 9 2008, 03:55 AM
GMC:er
Has anyone tried this pick and how do they like it... Im thinking about getting some of them, i keep wearing down my dunlop picks too fast... I play alot of palm muted metal riffs, im not that much into solos just making up my own metal riffs. I was thinking with that tip it wouldnt wear down.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 9 2008, 03:58 AM
here it is

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dav...Pick?sku=110703

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 9 2008, 04:27 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Well a bit pricy , but it does have good reviews. One guy said he had used it for 3 years blink.gif buy one and let us know what you think. With todays inflation, that'll cost you about a half'a combo at Mickie'D's wink.gif

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 9 2008, 09:38 PM
I just ordered one today.. Ill give a review on it after playing on it for awhile

--------------------

+Quote Post
KloCkWorXx
Mar 12 2008, 03:04 PM
i use them, they are the longest life pics ive ever used, like 3-5 years, sometimes the grooves will get caught on the strings when sweep picking thats about the only thing that sucks about them... i always keep a couple around cause they are that good

--------------------
My gear:
epi zakk wylde
ec 1000 cherry
js 100 w dimarzios
dean from hell
5150 half stack
micro cube
Effects: boss delay dd-6, EH small clone chorus, Wylde Wah, Heil talkbox, Boss super overdrive, Rp 250
NS2 Noise Suppressor, DOD YJM308 Yngwie Malmsteen Overdrive

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Mar 12 2008, 04:04 PM
Instructor
Looks good, I think I'll order one to try it smile.gif

Thanks for sharing Outlaw biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 12 2008, 04:42 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
They look cool , since they last so long you may have a better chance in loosing them somewhere than wearing them off wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 12 2008, 09:02 PM
Instructor
Nice picks, will try to see how they fit for sure smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Mar 12 2008, 09:29 PM
Looks interesting. Not so much from a pick longevity point of view, but tone-wise. Metal pick instead of nylon? Maybe a little extra crunch from the wound strings...think you'd hear the winding with this pick? Hmmm

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 12 2008, 11:09 PM
Instructor
Maybe to get that raw sound they are nice, we'll see biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 13 2008, 04:16 AM
Just got it today, it does sound a little different when you hit the strings with it.. I gotta get used to playing with it, but it has an awesome feel in your hands.. It fits perfect in your fingers, very very comfortable...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 28 2008, 02:35 AM
I love this pick.. took a little while to get used to it, but now its all i use... if you get a chance get one and check it out...
It doesnt wear down the edge, like the other ones do... I was going through a pick a night because the way i pick i wear the edges down fast... Plus this one has a great feel to it, wont slip down when youre sweating and have been playing all night..
Two thumbs up from me.... biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 28 2008, 01:22 PM
Instructor
IS this pick made out of metal?? unsure.gif If so, what kind of sound does it gives? Do you hear clicks etc..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 28 2008, 01:24 PM
i use Dava picks as well smile.gif just not the metal 1's. you can get a thick dava pick with a rubber grip smile.gif they are awsome smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Nick Kellie
Mar 28 2008, 09:37 PM
Instructor
i used to use the racing green dava pick in about 1999 - I loved it and only stopped using them when i lost them all.

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 29 2008, 01:44 AM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Mar 28 2008, 01:22 PM) *
IS this pick made out of metal?? unsure.gif If so, what kind of sound does it gives? Do you hear clicks etc..

Just the tip is metal, so it wont wear down... It takes some getting used to, and breaking it in.. At first you could hear the metal sound from the tip, but once you break it in its all good... The feel of the pick is awesone, its thicker than normal picks and it has a place that your thumb fits into perfect.. Its very comfortable and wont slip down when youre playing...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:58 AM