Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Esp Custom Or Ibanez?
somecrazyguy09
post Mar 11 2008, 02:25 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.910

i just got a new ibanez RG350DX and i'm debating on wheather to just return it and use to the money to start saving up for an esp custom instead. i really like ibanez but all of their guitars feel generic and i cant really tell the difference that much when i try them at the store. I really want to just make a custom ibanez because there are certain things i like about all their guitars but i dont like any of the ones they have on the market. so i've recently been thinkings about getting an esp custom guitar since they do have a custom shop and they seem like good guitars. i dont really know much about them though since there are'nt any esp dealers near me so can anyone tell me if esp is a good way to go or if i should just stick to ibanez and if there are any other companies with good custom shops i should no about.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SLASH91
post Mar 11 2008, 02:37 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2.019

I don't know for certain, but I'm pretty sure that with any custom shop guitar you are going to be paying a huge amount. My advice would be to stick with Ibanez, but just get a Prestige model. The model you have is pretty low end. Just go to a shop and try out a Prestige. If you still don't like it, experiment with ESP, but DONT get a custom shop model unless you have a ton of extra cash.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends" -
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
skennington
post Mar 11 2008, 02:53 AM
Post #3

Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.374

Well, I'm kinda bias, but if you want to spend the money, then definitely try a Jackson. You don't even need to go custom shop. Find a nice USA made neck-thru soloist and you will be amazed! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
post Mar 11 2008, 03:10 AM
Post #4

Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.304

Well the lowest amount for an ESP custom will probably still be like $2000, Unless you make it extremely basic, in which case you could just buy a stock guitar. So take the price of an RG350MDX, and it still is gonna be $1500 or around there.

+Quote Post
USAMAN
post Mar 11 2008, 03:44 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3.048

Dude ....try the new 24 fret s-series prestige Ibanez. Light..sounds great....best neck out there (imho). Stays in tune no matter what you do to the whammy. This guitar is nothing short of amazing for the money. $1299.00 usd. Its an aposolute steal. Nothing in the price range comes close. At least try one.

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
post Mar 11 2008, 03:53 AM
Post #6

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 4.261

I would agree with the previous posts.

A good ESP custom is way too pricey.. well, most custom-guitars will cost you quite a bit.
The RG350 might be a bit generic yes, but it's still a good, solid and highly playable guitar.

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Mar 11 2008, 03:54 AM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
skennington
post Mar 11 2008, 04:26 AM
Post #7

Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.374

QUOTE (USAMAN @ Mar 10 2008, 09:44 PM) *
Dude ....try the new 24 fret s-series prestige Ibanez. Light..sounds great....best neck out there (imho). Stays in tune no matter what you do to the whammy. This guitar is nothing short of amazing for the money. $1299.00 usd. Its an aposolute steal. Nothing in the price range comes close. At least try one.

I hear that this IB is awesome!

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
post Mar 11 2008, 07:37 AM
Post #8

Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Group Icon

Member No.: 4.276

I agree with everyone saying that the custom guitars are expensive and all that..
But if your choice is either the ibanez or an ESP Custom, what the hell is there to think about??? laugh.gif
Esp Custom all the way, I've played a couple and what a pleasure it was smile.gif

+Quote Post
Goliath
post Mar 11 2008, 12:45 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 2.254

The 24 fret S series is supposedly phenomenal. I'm waiting until they release their flagship of the S series, the EGEN before I figure out what my next guitar purchase will be.

I have a Korean S470 and my one gripe about it is the 22 frets. Well, my biggest gripe was the stock pickups, so I changed those, but with DiMarzios, it screams.

Of course, any Neck Thru USA Jackson will be awesome as well and not run you quite as much as a custom shop guitar. The KV2, KE2, or SL1 series are all fantastic instruments, but those all run wellabove the $1300 mark of the 24 fret MIJ S.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
post Mar 11 2008, 01:38 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 1.632

custom shop guitars are for pro level players, so unless you're in an internationally renown band earning tons of cash, i wouldn't even think of about a custom shop. ill go with skennington here and recommend Jackson, very nice guitars at any price.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
post Mar 11 2008, 01:46 PM
Post #11

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 4.261

QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 11 2008, 01:38 PM) *
custom shop guitars are for pro level players, so unless you're in an internationally renown band earning tons of cash, i wouldn't even think of about a custom shop. ill go with skennington here and recommend Jackson, very nice guitars at any price.

Yea, Jackson is always a safe bet.
You could always try out a Jackson SLSMG! smile.gif ALOT of guitar for the buck. (No tremolo though)

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Goliath
post Mar 11 2008, 02:11 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 2.254

Guitarman you could have revised your post to read:

"Unless you have enough cash where a JEM is not out of the question then perhaps you don't need to be considering a custom guitar"

For 2k+ you can get a Les Paul Standard, a JEM, plus a myriad of other high end guitars. So if you've got enough cash to shell out for a high dollar guitar then perhaps you can consider a custom guitar.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2017 - 09:49 PM