15 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Love Gmc!, Hey.. whats all the comotion here???
Muris Varajic
post Mar 20 2008, 03:11 AM
Post #81

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2.159

I'm fine to see members using few sites for learning,
actually I fully support that.
Knowledge is the most precious,no doubt there. smile.gif

But I don't like when some of them are bad mouthing GMC or any other place,
without any reasons...just don't like that dry.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SLASH91
post Mar 20 2008, 03:12 AM
Post #82

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.019

QUOTE (JVM @ Mar 19 2008, 06:27 PM) *
Uncreator, FYI just in case, I wasn't talking about you specifically, but I have read some hot headed and ridiculous stuff over there which is what I was referring to.

Yeah, I read some of those too...

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
post Mar 20 2008, 03:19 AM
Post #83

Member No.: 862

QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Mar 20 2008, 02:54 AM) *
ive read those words in the page on Pavels site.. its upsetting that Kris and Pavel had that little tiff and i think now that its out its kind of upset some GMC members.. me included.. i don't want to leave over it but i think Kris tried to handle it in the right way for the wrong reasons and Pavel tried to handle it the wrong way for the right reasons.. hard to explain.. but this is the first bad experience ive ever had at GMC sad.gif

Well Pavel did break the rules, MickeM stated that it was added to the contract that instructors would not do lessons for other sites, and that all the instructors agreed. That said if Pavel did a couple lessons for the other site, I think Kris would be generous to him and give him a warning, but he did over 20, he clearly broke the rules. That seems like the right reasons for Kris.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
post Mar 20 2008, 03:22 AM
Post #84

Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 1.697

QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Mar 19 2008, 10:19 PM) *
Well Pavel did break the rules, MickeM stated that it was added to the contract that instructors would not do lessons for other sites, and that all the instructors agreed. That said if Pavel did a couple lessons for the other site, I think Kris would be generous to him and give him a warning, but he did over 20, he clearly broke the rules. That seems like the right reasons for Kris.

yea the more i read the more it seems that way.. atm id just like to drop the subject and get back to good ol GMC im not gunna blaime Pavel or Kris and the knowledge of who did what really doesn't effect me anyways smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
post Mar 20 2008, 03:23 AM
Post #85

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Mar 20 2008, 03:19 AM) *

No,that is not the rule. smile.gif
Kris allows us to work for another site IF that doesn't affect our productivity for GMC
and if lesson topics aren't that similar with ones we make for GMC.

So all you have to do is to contact Kris and work things out nicely,fair I believe. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
post Mar 20 2008, 03:25 AM
Post #86

Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 1.697

QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 19 2008, 10:23 PM) *
Kris allows us to work for another site IF that doesn't affect our productivity for GMC

So all you have to do is to contact Kris and work things out nicely,fair I believe. smile.gif

Thats interesting because i think thats sorta why Pavel got fired is it not? or is it just because he didn't tell Kris about it? not really important anyways smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
post Mar 20 2008, 03:26 AM
Post #87

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Mar 20 2008, 03:25 AM) *
Thats interesting because i think thats sorta why Pavel got fired is it not? or is it just because he didn't tell Kris about it? not really important anyways smile.gif

Then I guess he didn't tell anything to Kris,
just guessing,not sure...

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
orion6324
post Mar 20 2008, 03:36 AM
Post #88

Member No.: 4.032

well i know a big reason some people are leaving[ive talked to em about it] and most people found this site from the old freelicks site and joined here and were dissapointed cause it just has people playing thier own creations and not actual songs that everyone wants to hear lick freelicks..and ive talked to other people that are going to leave because like i said they dont wanna learn someone elses riffs......now to combat this i think what is in order is updating the freelicks site with songs and solos like before....[you can still update that site with that stuff without violating copyright laws since it still is free] people wanna learn that kinda stuff..crazy train solo,nuno solos all that stuff thats what people are after

+Quote Post
SLASH91
post Mar 20 2008, 03:39 AM
Post #89

Member No.: 2.019

^I'm after improving. wink.gif

I don't need anyone to show me how to play a famous solo. I can figure that out on my own ( unless it's like Necrophagist or something lol)

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
ActiveX
post Mar 20 2008, 03:41 AM
Post #90

Member No.: 2.972

QUOTE (orion6324 @ Mar 19 2008, 07:36 PM) *
well i know a big reason some people are leaving[ive talked to em about it] and most people found this site from the old freelicks site and joined here and were dissapointed cause it just has people playing thier own creations and not actual songs that everyone wants to hear lick freelicks..and ive talked to other people that are going to leave because like i said they dont wanna learn someone elses riffs......now to combat this i think what is in order is updating the freelicks site with songs and solos like before....[you can still update that site with that stuff without violating copyright laws since it still is free] people wanna learn that kinda stuff..crazy train solo,nuno solos all that stuff thats what people are after

Personally, I disagree with that theory; I would much rather learn new original riffs from our talented instructors, and then use what I learn from them to come up with my own original stuff. I don't mind playing a few famous songs or riffs for fun, but that's not what I really want out of my lessons. The lessons here help you to develop your own style and sound...much better than copying someone else's

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
post Mar 20 2008, 03:45 AM
Post #91

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (orion6324 @ Mar 20 2008, 03:36 AM) *

Yeah,but they are joining the site where instructors
are teaching their own stuff as well.

However there are tons of tabs for solos or tunes all over the net.

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
skennington
post Mar 20 2008, 04:12 AM
Post #92

Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.374

QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Mar 19 2008, 10:39 PM) *
^I'm after improving. wink.gif

I don't need anyone to show me how to play a famous solo. I can figure that out on my own ( unless it's like Necrophagist or something lol)

Agreed!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
post Mar 20 2008, 04:26 AM
Post #93

Member No.: 862

QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 20 2008, 03:23 AM) *

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up. That sounds very reasonable. But I think I'm done with this topic, I'm ready to take on some new lessons! biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
post Mar 20 2008, 04:27 AM
Post #94

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Mar 20 2008, 04:26 AM) *
Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up. That sounds very reasonable. But I think I'm done with this topic, I'm ready to take on some new lessons! biggrin.gif

+1 wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
RobM
post Mar 20 2008, 05:34 AM
Post #95

Member No.: 2.353

QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 19 2008, 08:20 PM) *
The contract is an agreement between Kristofer and the instructors and for information rules in fact were broken. Some time long ago there was a remake of the contracts stating the new rule that instructors should not work for other guitar sites. The instructors okay'ed this but since it was on the instructor boards which is hidden it hasn't been witnessed by the members.
But I suppose since this was not done in public and if it's not on Pavels site (is it?) he simply "forgot" to mention that detail since it would work against his present case.

And besides I think the hostility Pavel is displaying isn't working for him. Aiming to be a respected guitarist who'd want to hire someone that will try to hang his employer in public if not everything goes his way? If I were smart I'd store his page for the day he's famous and then sell the news it to the media. But I'm not smart, and I'm not greedy for blood money and I don't want Pavel any harm so I won't.

So now, since the contract was broken, by Pavel, what's this fuzz about? He broke a contract, when that happens there are consequences. Same as in hockey, football, a company or even if you hire a car and break the agreement you have to pay the consequences. That's life, nothing to cry over but just move on.

I really don't see the point, all this energy on some sort of vendetta based on a fake case.

Forgive me if I have what happened incorrect.

Well I had it all written out nice and neat for everyone to read then I thought, hey most of the people here use english as their second language so I shortened it to this: It's highly doubtful that anything posted on a web site message forum would hold up in a court of law as a legal and binding contract. There are just too many variables to think of as to why this would not be considered as legal.

A judge wants to see agreements like this on paper all laid out in black and white and then signed. If you are running any kind of business and have people like musicians who have a portable and highly marketable skill making money for you, you are a complete idiot to risk your income to something as lame and inept as a message forum contract.

If a musician was working for web site A and was only allowed to make X amount of money for whatever reason, then went to web site B and also started working there because they needed the extra income. When web site A found out and said you are in breach of our contract IMHO the musician could defiantly say that there really is no cotract and I can work for whoever I want to at the same time I work for you.

Web site A could do one of two things, allow the musician to work for both web sites and continue to make money off of him/her or no longer allow the musican to work at the web site. But if option two was chosen, the web site must be very careful about ownership and rights to the music and lessons created by the musician. With no legal and binding contract the musican could serve a cease and desist order on the web site and no longer allow the web site to use any of the lessons created by the musican without paying a royalty.

Seriously I don't think either of them have really taken the time to think this thru. I also think that it was only a matter of time before this happened.

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
leedbreak
post Mar 20 2008, 05:35 AM
Post #96

Member No.: 1.215

Well, GMC is in my blood now so, I am not going anywhere. GMC is too good for others not to copy, this is true with any great Idea or successful business.
People want something for their money. They know they get it here. I for one have barely paid what 3 or 4 regular guitar lesson would cost me and I have taken hundreds here.

All I say to all the bull dookey is..

cool.gif cool.gif ROCK ON GMC cool.gif cool.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
post Mar 20 2008, 07:29 AM
Post #97

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 4.261

I dont get why anyone in their right minds would LEAVE this place because of this.. Joining the other site aswell is fair enough. But making a whole scene out of that they want to leave is something i just dont get.

This place is one of the absolute coolest and best online-communities i've ever seen, with some of the best instructors/guitartalents there is. Muris, Walliman, Juan, Nick, Gabriel, Ivan.. etc.etc.etc.etc.etc. (I'm still baffled i got accepted) biggrin.gif
GMC is just a mindblowing place to learn and hang out.

All thanks to Kris who works his butt off everyday to keep it all together, and who had the idea to start this in the first place.

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Mar 20 2008, 07:59 AM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
post Mar 20 2008, 07:45 AM
Post #98

Member No.: 1.770

Oh boy, 3 months in... This is going to be a great year! smile.gif But seriously, their is so much to learn here and if you think otherwise you would be fooling yourself. Leave the politics to the politicians and keep learning.

This post has been edited by preownedguitar: Mar 20 2008, 07:48 AM

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Mar 20 2008, 09:26 AM
Post #99

Member No.: 3.401

I'm on the "other" site. I'm on this site. I love this site, I like that site. That's many peoples philosophy. I think this situation has been blown out of all proportions and I think Kris should take a few things from this and I hope he takes my thoughts on board.

1. Physical Contracts - Print off a contract and send it to the instructor. They sign and send it back to you. This contract will stand up in a court a lot better than a forum contract. I think this is important for you and your business

2. Clear Rules - If instructors have to tell you if they are working on other sites then make sure the instructors agree to do this and from now put it in original contract they sign.

3. The big one - Truth - If you had told us Pavel had been fired from the start and the reasons why I don't think this would have escalated. Yes to many it is respectful to Pavel to let him go and not have other employers asking questions on why he was fired but when he has been working here so long I think it is disrespectful to his friends to not know the truth. I think if you had come out and told everybody what happened then people would be more understanding and this wouldn't escalate.

I respect Kris and Pavel greatly for what they do. Kris is trying to keep a successful business and of course he wants everybody to succeed with guitar and Pavel wants to help as many people learn guitar as possible. Lets keep this topic away from any site now as it hurts every site this comes up on.

I hope you understand my thoughts Kris. And good luck with the next year. I know I'll be here for a long time.

OC

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
blindwillie
post Mar 20 2008, 10:22 AM
Post #100

Member No.: 1.434

QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 19 2008, 09:16 PM) *
During the years (I'm not that old but anyway) I've gathered some experience and one of those are that I'm not leaving a winning team. Which I think GMC is. I rather stick around to better it if there are flaws and I know for a fact that switching to something new (job, new site ot whatever) is always a risk. What might look good at a first glance might not be all that and a bag of chips. So for that sake I'd never ever tell the boss my mind when leaving a job for another, or degrade GMC if I were switching sites. I may want to go back to my old job or stick with GMC so just to get something off of my mind to burn all bridges or cut all bonds is never in my favor.

But anyway, we'll keep working to make GMC a better place, always. My part in that is to moderate which is a tiny part compared to what Staff and not the least all the members, us guys, make it to be. So everyone should pat yourselves on the back since it's not GMC without you, and if someone leaves... well, that's fine and normal and I don't see the point in telling everyone "I'm leaving" unless you feel like it's a breakup from family. I know if I wasn't involved I would just disappear. So in a way I'm puzzled ppl have to say they are leaving or that they will stick to both sites unless GMC made an impression.

Agree.
I miss the atmosphere of the forums when I joined, but the content now is so much better.

Every site with member interaction goes through these phases.
Small and cozy. (Yes, I miss that myself sometimes)
Starting to grow. Change in atmosphere in forums
Big growth. The site changes drastically sometimes. Some people leave.
The site stablizes, at least for a while and gets more laidback again.

The people leaving can be the core members who got sick of it all. Or some other fraction. As long as the core team is still there nothing will change for worse. It might be better to stay and fix/ride out the problems than going to another community and go through the phases again.

I don't like this "There is secrets you should know about but I won't tell". If you know something speak up. Let's clear the air. If it's just rumours then don't say anything at all.
Might well be a disagreement between Pavel and Kris for example but that's no big deal. Ppl don't get along sometimes. Things change, you need to move along. If that's the case then it's up to Kris or Pavel to explain if they feel they want to. I see nothing strange in instructors or members coming or going.

A short explanation with just the facts, leaving emotions aside, is often better than dead silence.

/edit: Lots of posts between me reading and posting. Most of this is obsolete now I guess. Other ppl already explained it.

This post has been edited by blindwillie: Mar 20 2008, 11:00 AM

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 12:02 AM