Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pgm 301
somecrazyguy09
post Mar 24 2008, 05:37 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.910

paul gilbert it pretty much my favorite guitarist in the world and since i'm in the process of buying a new guitar i started thinking about buying his signature guitar the pgm301. i like the looks like the looks of the guitar especially since i love white guitars and his signature painted f-holes are awsome. however they dont just have them at any music stores nearby so i cant exactly try it out before buying it and since i just made the mistake of buying a guitar online without trying it out first i'm a little skeptic about making the same mistake twice. has anyone ever played a pgm model or have any info on them that might be helpful if so are they worth buying?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
post Mar 24 2008, 05:40 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2.523

I've never tried one but they look great. Check out reviews and whatever on other sites like Harmony Central.

+Quote Post
Tomotoms
post Mar 24 2008, 10:53 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1.929

I tried one out in a store once. Only for about 15 min so I can't give a great review.

From what I remember I loved the tone and the neck was quite fast (I'm used to very thin necks, so it was a little slower than what I normally play but faster than a Les Paul say).

The main thing that put me off about this guitar was its weight - it's really heavy!

Having said all that I still recommend that you wait until you can try it out first. It's not a cheap guitar and if anyone tells you it's amazing it's still only their opinion and might not feel right to you. Good excuse for a road trip?

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post Mar 24 2008, 10:17 PM
Post #4

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.001

QUOTE (somecrazyguy09 @ Mar 24 2008, 04:37 AM) *
paul gilbert it pretty much my favorite guitarist in the world and since i'm in the process of buying a new guitar i started thinking about buying his signature guitar the pgm301. i like the looks like the looks of the guitar especially since i love white guitars and his signature painted f-holes are awsome. however they dont just have them at any music stores nearby so i cant exactly try it out before buying it and since i just made the mistake of buying a guitar online without trying it out first i'm a little skeptic about making the same mistake twice. has anyone ever played a pgm model or have any info on them that might be helpful if so are they worth buying?

I am also in the process of chooseing a guitar, and I think im pretty much set on this guitar!! I havent tried it, but it seems to fit everything I need from a guitar.

I have been on the JEMSITE which is a guitar hardware site where they mainl discuss JEMS, but also Prestige guitars too. They all seem to think its a very versitle guitar, and that the Di Marzio PAF PRO pickups are pretty awsome!!

Also there is the fixed bridge, which means bags of sustain and no tuneing nightmares!

I just sold it to myself didnt I ? laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2017 - 02:38 AM