Another Line6 Podx3 Question
skipdaflip
Mar 25 2008, 12:11 PM
GMC:er
I've seen that a few users here also bought a POD X3. I'm very happy with it at the moment.
It has a few things that are not that good a.t.m. but I hope line6 will fix it in the near future.

My question now is about connecting the mic on the POD X3. I like to sing through the POD X3 or play acoustic guitar by the POD. But when I connect a Mic and select a preset, I hear my voice through my amp (Not very loud)...
But when I want to record something for example with Adobe Audition.... it won't record anything. When I select the metering it shows low input. (When I try to record something with my guitar it show's high input).
I changed the mic output volume and set it to loud, but it's not enough. It only record my voice very soft.

Anyone a conclusion on this one?

Perhaps a detailed description about how to fix this?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Can anyone rate me?

Guitars:
• Ibanez S5470 TKR Prestige
• Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Air Norton & Dimarzio Tone Zone
• Washburn D10SCE WALNUT DREADNOUGHT SOLID TOP
• Some kind of cheap Guitar...

Amps:
MARSHALL JTM30

Guitar Gear:
Line6 X3 Live
Boss AC-3

Gear:
Edirol UA-25 24 bit/96 kHz USB Audio Capture
Edirol PC-50 MIDI Keyboard Controller
Roland HP203-ERW
Behringer B-1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 25 2008, 01:33 PM
Instructor
Did you chose maybe some low volume vocal preset on POD? Does the monitoring of the voice also is low in volume?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 25 2008, 01:45 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Did you set the input to "mike"? And output is "studio" or whatever you need for this

+Quote Post
skipdaflip
Mar 25 2008, 04:13 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Mar 25 2008, 01:33 PM) *
Did you chose maybe some low volume vocal preset on POD? Does the monitoring of the voice also is low in volume?

(I chose one of the standard presets delivered with the x3)
The Monitor is also low... I've tried a few things, higher the volume output from the mic. Then it's a little bit better, but way to soft. The input is mic and output is also studio.
These settings didn't help me...

Mackietao had the same problem. I've asked him about his solution:

(Answer Mackietao)
I don´t remember exactly what the thread was about. But be sure to check that in knob close to the microphone input (on the backside) is turned up enough.. And if your mic needs fantompower... You´ll need a fantompower "amp" (I don´t know the right word) So it´s like mic ---> fantompower ---> X3 live...
That´s really all that needs to be checked. And of course turn up the volume enough on the vocal preset. But those original shouldn´t be superlow as default so it should work.

I've also turned the knob close to the microphone input to max. It didn't help me out either.
I'm not sure if my Mic needs Fantompower, but I would think a POD like the X3 would not need such extra devices to use a mic. If so it would be a minus for this new model.

I would expect that this POD could handle a Mic... so I could also play acoustic guitar through it.... But I could be wrong ofcourse!

This post has been edited by skipdaflip: Mar 25 2008, 04:15 PM

--------------------
Can anyone rate me?

Guitars:

Amps:
MARSHALL JTM30

Guitar Gear:
Line6 X3 Live
Boss AC-3

Gear:
Roland HP203-ERW
Behringer B-1

+Quote Post
skipdaflip
Mar 25 2008, 04:25 PM
Well, found the answer here:

http://line6.com/support/entry.jspa?externalID=4567

The POD X3/X3 Live does not offer phantom power which is needed when using any condenser type microphones for recording or live use.

So it means I need a new mic or a Phantom power box... Ugly, but ok I've to deal with it.

Does anyone know a good mic to buy wich solve the problems?

--------------------
Can anyone rate me?

Guitars:

Amps:
MARSHALL JTM30

Guitar Gear:
Line6 X3 Live
Boss AC-3

Gear:
Roland HP203-ERW
Behringer B-1

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:12 PM