skennington
post Apr 13 2008, 11:52 PM
Post #21

Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.374

laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Heres something to practice to. (just in case you dont already know about it) Pick which Key you want to the right and it will suggest a scale in the player.

http://www.jamcenter.com/jammachinea.html

sorry dbl post laugh.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
besip
post Apr 14 2008, 12:04 AM
Post #22

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.798

QUOTE (skennington @ Apr 13 2008, 06:52 PM) *
laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Heres something to practice to. (just in case you dont already know about it) Pick which Key you want to the right and it will suggest a scale in the player.

http://www.jamcenter.com/jammachinea.html

sorry dbl post laugh.gif

thanks i'm all ready have the program
i'm was the guy who bring first the program here and share him with others rolleyes.gif but that time when i'm post this program here i'm also was tell to anyboy i'm not sure how to use that becouse i'm totaly beginer..today i'm will find some stuuff there to practice rolleyes.gif

actualy when we are here on this program is goodd to iprovising with lot of types of scale but how i'm can put on the improvising some power chords into this improvising ??

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Gus
post Apr 14 2008, 12:45 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 3.920

QUOTE (besip @ Apr 13 2008, 04:02 PM) *
so if i'm gonna take this way E5, C5, D5 and stay on some E type of scale even if i'm play the little scale run after i'm hit for example D5 it's ok there is just rules to sound good..but if i'm also use you more type of scale here then thats not problem aslo if thats be sound good..actualy i'm not playning to do some big scale run thats still about power chord improvisation with some little sclale run bonus tongue.gif i'm find to fun improvising like that and i'm have to do that becouse i'm have problem with 3 finger power chords

thanks man wink.gif

To Ivan---thank you i'm will check the lesson cool.gif

You can't really tallk about rules to sound good. But you can talk about things that have been proven to work through time. In other words, don't limit yourself to the basics, but it is good to know it. One thing to know is that improvisation is likely wink.gif to be better if notes match roughly the notes of the base.
I will give you a further example. First notice this 3 scales:
Em (Aeolian) E F# G A B C D
E phrygian E F G A B C D (notice the difference to last one is that F is not sharp)
Em pentatonic E G A B D

Now some chords,
Em - E G B
Dm - D F A
D - D F# A
C - C E G

So, if you play the sequence Em, C , D, all the chords are over Em aeolian. So one possibility to improvise is to use aeolian. If you play Em C Dm , the chords notes are all over phrygian. So one possibility to improvise is to use phrygian.
Now if you look for pentatonics, they are a subset of both the phrygian and aeolian scale. So they almost always make a safe side to go. That is the dark side of pentatonics: they provide such easy improvisation that you may get stuck into them.

Coming back then to the power chords. They are simply E5 (E + B ) , D5 (D + A) and C5 (E+G). They don't really have the F vs F# difference. Therefore you can more easily use both aeolian and phyrigian scales. . So actually, if the base "specifies" less notes, you are able to use more different notes on improvisation.

By the way, you should also be able to use phrygian over Em C D, as long as you avoid the F over the D chord... huh.gif
And yes, yet another possibility is to go for a different scale, for every different chord you have. But that is actually hard than sticking to one scale for the whole improvisation.

This post has been edited by Gus: Apr 14 2008, 01:48 AM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
besip
post Apr 14 2008, 01:10 AM
Post #24

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.798

QUOTE (Gus @ Apr 13 2008, 07:45 PM) *
By the way, you should also be able to use phrygian over Em C D, as long as you avoid the F# over the D chord... huh.gif
And yes, yet another possibility is to go for a different scale, for every different chord you have. But that is actually hard than sticking to one scale for the whole improvisation.

thanks for trying to help!!!!!! actualy you right with sticking on playing just 1 scale over key or diferent scale over every diferent chord{thats what i'm trying do now}..actualy i'm undesratd what you wana say me with the chords and what to use over this chords..first thing is i'm not so far with thinking like that becouse i'm just beginer but i'm understand what you wana tell me!!!!! i'm not also thinking about this what kind of scale of chords has note..i'm will learn that on future..and last thing i'm almost don't use a basic chord yet..i'm use just power chords and whole pentatonic scale+3 boxes of minor scale..but actualy you are good becouse you are first person who show me and explain me how thats work{chords-scale} ..so thanks for that

Rene

This post has been edited by besip: Apr 14 2008, 01:11 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2017 - 12:24 AM