Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ouch! My Fingers :(
post Apr 15 2008, 02:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.886

Good afternoon guys,

I am bothering you again with a small problem, what shall I do with my fingers cuz the strings are very tense becouse of the tuning and after 5-10 minutes i cant tuch them properly my finger tips are compleatly in pain its there anything i can do about it or shall i ignore the pain and cary on? Or shall i try to put something on my fingers or stop for a few days? I recon after 2-3 weeks the pain will disapare fingers will get strong, to achive that how many minutes or hours i must play a day? And anoader think my 6th string dose a very umpleasent vibrating sound after I pick it no mater how hard I press it against the guitar neck and I am curios if its a guitar fault or its just my mistake of how I pick the string?

Thank you very very much for the quick response!

Kind regards thank you GMC!!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Apr 27 2008, 06:57 PM
Post #2

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

Hello Clau - this is a common phenomenon and the only cure is regular practice and time - you will see that after a week of daily practice your fingertips will get hard!

+Quote Post
post May 31 2008, 11:31 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.207

Hey Clau,

I used to have this problem too and sometimes I still do, when I've practised way too much with bad strings.

I hope I'm not going to give you the wrong medicins, but these things helped me... sorry if I'm wrong.

Things you may wanna keep in mind: don't play the guitar when you just had a shower or a bath and change your strings regularly. A couple of days of rest worked for me too.

It's just hard not to touch my guitar, so that's why I'm still having problems, I guess. I've been practising for like 6 months with my skin coming off every time. Sometimes it'd be so bad that there wasn't any skin left to lose! :| Now, don't get me wrong, I don't like pain at all, but I'd rather play with pain than not at all biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, and the heavyness of your strings also poops your fingers up! If your strings are too heavy for you... maybe you should consider playing lighter strings. Worked for me. My tone sucked ass after that though, so I got back to 'heavier' (well.. I don't consider 10's heavy) strings... and the trouble started again.

Oh and now I see you posted this waaaay back in april... so you might be over it, but I'm going to post this anyway as these tips really helped me out. smile.gif

Good luck!

Edited for language

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jun 16 2008, 10:54 PM

Wishlist: the world.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2016 - 08:04 AM