Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thinking About A New Guitar, in the sort-of-near, sort-of-distant future
post Apr 16 2008, 11:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.546

Now, I'm really happy with my current guitars, very very pleased. But can one ever have too many?

Ever since I got a guitar with a floyd rose style bridge, I've been using the a whole lot, can barely imagine buying one without a bar now. I had intended on the next guitar I get to be the LTD Alexi Laiho signature, being a big Bodom fan and having played it before, but lately the Ibanez Xiphos has really intrigued me.

I've never played on it but something about it says " need me". Is it the shape? Muhammad of Necrophagist shredding on it? Some strange mutation of my mind telling the future that I would indeed enjoy that guitar? I dunno but I am very interested in it, problem is i don't know of any nearby dealers that have any, unless they've gotten one in the past month or so.

So anyway if anyone can shed some light on this guitar with a review it would be really awesome. If there already is a review, my bad XD

ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
Line 6 Spider Valve
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RIP Dime
post Apr 17 2008, 03:37 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 862

Ibanez and LTD make quality guitars, I can vouch for both companies, but I've never played the Laiho. The Xiphos is a fracking cool guitar though, I love the chameleon finish, the neck is somewhat thicker than most other Ibananaz I've played, and the pickups sounded great to me. The Laiho only has one pickup though, I think they are Seymour Duncan Blackouts now, I've heard good things about that pickup.

But if you're very very pleased with your current fiddles, why don't you look into getting a new amp, or recording gear?

This post has been edited by RIP Dime: Apr 17 2008, 03:37 AM

IPB Image
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2016 - 11:39 AM