Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Found Some Old Records And A Turn Table
Old School Rocke...
post Apr 21 2008, 03:20 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.208

Well this weekend was excelent for me I went to my grandparents place for my dads birthday dinner and then after supper i decide to snoop around in an old chest and i come across about 75 old records of my uncles who passed away several years ago.

So i decided to ask my grandmother if there was also a turn table in the house and sure enough in a closet there was a dusty turn table, so this coming weekend im gonna go back and bring it to my place and veg out to some killer oldies. i uploaded 2 pictures of some of the albums i found even though theres a lot more.

Attached Image
Attached Image

So yeah just thought id share this story and ask who else has some old school record and a turn table.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Apr 21 2008, 03:28 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3.401

Lucky git lol tongue.gif

I wish I found a load of those but I do have some cool ones also like Rush - 2112. Great find. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
post Apr 21 2008, 03:31 PM
Post #3

Singing Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.960

wow beautiful collection.....
my dad has like a 100 of them,from Purple to Beach Boys....but the the old record player don't work..... sad.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Apr 21 2008, 03:32 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Nemanja Filipovic @ Apr 21 2008, 03:31 PM) *
wow beautiful collection.....
my dad has like a 100 of them,from Purple to Beach Boys....but the the old record player don't work..... sad.gif

These days you can wind up a cow stick it on the record and the cow plays the record for you. The cow is a little figurine of a cow on a little wheel type thing with a speaker built in. It is quite scary.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Old School Rocke...
post Apr 21 2008, 03:37 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 4.208

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Apr 21 2008, 07:28 AM) *
Lucky git lol tongue.gif

I wish I found a load of those but I do have some cool ones also like Rush - 2112. Great find. smile.gif

Yeah I definately lucked out and i also found some others like Rush, Def Leapord, Lol I even found a Richard Simmons record laugh.gif needless to say i put that one of to the side pretty fast. I also found alot of Blue Oyster Cult, Classic Yes, Queen and many many more i just dont remember most of em.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Apr 21 2008, 03:41 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Old School Rocker @ Apr 21 2008, 03:37 PM) *
Yeah I definately lucked out and i also found some others like Rush, Def Leapord, Lol I even found a Richard Simmons record laugh.gif needless to say i put that one of to the side pretty fast. I also found alot of Blue Oyster Cult, Classic Yes, Queen and many many more i just dont remember most of em.

That is a great find. I remember being shocked looking through my dads records. He had The Laughing Gnome by David Bowie which was pretty rare, loads of rush, floyd, beatles, purple, queen. I thought I'd won the lottery for a while biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2017 - 08:27 AM