Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Combining Triads
post Apr 28 2008, 03:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.414

A guy I know showed me this, you take like two triads, for example, Amaj and Fmaj, and you combine them together to make a "scale" and it sounds really weird, and has a really unique sound over an Amaj or Fmaj chord, and can be used over Dom7th chords a good bit, kinda like an altered dominant scale. So with this example, we would have A, C#, E, F, and C creating a scale. Like this

Just wanted to share that with you guys because I thought it was pretty cool and can be expounded on to create some pretty original ideas, and can be done with like any two, or maybe three (I haven't tried it yet) triads. And the interval doesn't even have be nice, I tried A and Eb which is a horrible interval, and the scale I made sounded pretty cool.

And I used some of the sequences from David's new Pentatonic sequence lesson, and I got some pretty cool licks.

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Apr 28 2008, 03:19 AM

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Apr 28 2008, 12:29 PM
Post #2

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.167

Interesting tip! Making scales like this is a great way to create a new mood or sound - I have never heard of that approach to it before - thanks smile.gif

Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
post Apr 28 2008, 10:55 PM
Post #3

Group: Passive
Member No.: 3.084

thanks for sharing

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th October 2016 - 12:32 AM