Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zigzagging Lanes., Recording experiment.
post May 4 2008, 12:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.932

This is a song me and the band I play in recorded few days ago. We recorded it throught the PODX3, one instrument at a time. The drummer whent first and just played it by memory using no backing track, and he did it in first run, I think that´s pretty impressing, then we added the bass and guitars. We placed a mic in front of the amps and the drumkit and recorded through the PODX3, one instrument at a time like I said before......... I think it sounds ok.

The song is written by the bassplayer but we all put our pieces in there. As you may notice it still needs vocals, but we´ve had trouble with the singer showing up on practice.

Here is the same song, recorded at a practice 2 months ago with vocals that aren´t very good, but we are working on that. The song has alot more energy in this take, like always when played "live". smile.gif

Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
post May 5 2008, 12:33 AM
Post #2

Group: Passive
Member No.: 3.084

nice tracks man .keep rockin smile.gif

+Quote Post
post May 5 2008, 12:37 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.387

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2016 - 09:06 PM