Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Musiciansfriend Lied!
Marshmall0wz
post May 7 2008, 02:44 AM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.221

EVERYONE. I love japanese fenders and the likes. I was just bummed that MF lied. I think japan and the U.S. both make some of the best guitars. SRY!

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
iainsteward
post May 7 2008, 02:58 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 4.442

Those LYING B*****s........ we must find the Musiciansfriend HQ and set Marcus and Muris into the midst to melt their faces with Oriental Shred!!! It is annoying when companies make mistakes/lie like that. Surely the people who work for a MUSIC store, enjoy music and instruments enough to know the truth and the facts about stuff.......its not too much to ask that we get 100% fact from people who we are willing to buy things from, and sign our paychecks over to!!

+Quote Post
stratman33
post May 7 2008, 04:32 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 1.300

Japan makes nice guitars, so i dont see why this matters much huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FrankW
post May 8 2008, 03:02 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 5.004

Speaking of Les Pauls, and Gibson in general, I find that their pricing is going through the roof! I think Gibson is way too proud of their stuff, guys. The latest issue of Guitar Player magazine reviews a '59 reissue with a list price of over 8 thousand dollars! I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous. The figured top is no more figured than that on other brands. I mean, it's not a 10A figured top from some remote spot on the planet accessible only by helicopter or something. A Les Paul Standard retails for around 2500 bucks,( with a 2A top ), which is more like it, but if you check their prices overall, you'll see what I mean. I owned 3 Standards back in the '80s when they cost me 610 bucks each. I realize it's been a while, but check out the figured tops on other brands like ESP or Jackson. You get much more beautiful tops, ( 3A figured maple, either flamed or quilted ), for 2 grand or less. Unless you absolutely have to have a Les Paul, there's much better ways to go for the money. I personally prefer a Jackson Soloist equipped with a Floyd, Semour Duncans or EMGs, and a beautiful top, and neck-through. Absolutely gorgeous and for about 2 grand. Of course, that's just me.

+Quote Post
blindwillie
post May 8 2008, 07:05 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 1.434

QUOTE (FrankW @ May 8 2008, 04:02 AM) *
Speaking of Les Pauls, and Gibson in general, I find that their pricing is going through the roof! I think Gibson is way too proud of their stuff, guys. The latest issue of Guitar Player magazine reviews a '59 reissue with a list price of over 8 thousand dollars! I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous. The figured top is no more figured than that on other brands. I mean, it's not a 10A figured top from some remote spot on the planet accessible only by helicopter or something. A Les Paul Standard retails for around 2500 bucks,( with a 2A top ), which is more like it, but if you check their prices overall, you'll see what I mean. I owned 3 Standards back in the '80s when they cost me 610 bucks each. I realize it's been a while, but check out the figured tops on other brands like ESP or Jackson. You get much more beautiful tops, ( 3A figured maple, either flamed or quilted ), for 2 grand or less. Unless you absolutely have to have a Les Paul, there's much better ways to go for the money. I personally prefer a Jackson Soloist equipped with a Floyd, Semour Duncans or EMGs, and a beautiful top, and neck-through. Absolutely gorgeous and for about 2 grand. Of course, that's just me.

Nope. That's not just you. That's my preference too.
Well except for the choise of brand.

This post has been edited by blindwillie: May 8 2008, 07:06 AM

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2017 - 10:00 PM