3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Kris & Marcus Nocturnal Vision
wrk
May 6 2008, 04:31 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi guys,

I want to share with you my take on Kris & Marcus "Nocturnal Vision" Lesson. Since i saw this lesson, i am completely addicted to this song. For unknown reasons i completely missed it when it was announced and discussed in the forum.

I change a few parts in this take ... the number of notes in some licks are beyond my abilities and i don't have a whammy bar on this guitar, so i needed to change a lot of Kris part ... anyway, he has such a great unique style and sound, which makes it impossible for me to copy, but i'm working on it .. promised.

One confession i have to make .. i messed up the 3 string arpeggios at the end (the last two), so i fixed it afterwards, but it was my best take so far ... i hope you will excuse me faking it.

I hope you will enjoy it and i will be glad to get some comments and feedback.

Attached File  Nocturnal_Vision_wrk.mov ( 19.18MB ) Number of downloads: 485

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
May 6 2008, 05:09 PM
Instructor
My Sweet Jesus! That was absolutely awesome!!!! biggrin.gif
Great attitude in your playing and also some nice improvisation in there! smile.gif

I have to watch it again now!! laugh.gif

PS. Maybe you could upload this vid at YouTube? The guys with slower internet might think 20 Mb takes to long to download.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Jeff
May 6 2008, 05:11 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (wrk @ May 6 2008, 10:31 AM) *
Hi guys,

I want to share with you my take on Kris & Marcus "Nocturnal Vision" Lesson. Since i saw this lesson, i am completely addicted to this song. For unknown reasons i completely missed it when it was announced and discussed in the forum.

I change a few parts in this take ... the number of notes in some licks are beyond my abilities and i don't have a whammy bar on this guitar, so i needed to change a lot of Kris part ... anyway, he has such a great unique style and sound, which makes it impossible for me to copy, but i'm working on it .. promised.

One confession i have to make .. i messed up the 3 string arpeggios at the end (the last two), so i fixed it afterwards, but it was my best take so far ... i hope you will excuse me faking it.

I hope you will enjoy it and i will be glad to get some comments and feedback.

Attached File  Nocturnal_Vision_wrk.mov ( 19.18MB ) Number of downloads: 485

Awesome man! Sounds great!! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jeff: May 6 2008, 05:13 PM

+Quote Post
superize
May 6 2008, 05:34 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
WOW WOW WOW....

That was absolutelly fantastic very nice job there wink.gif

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
wrk
May 6 2008, 05:37 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ May 6 2008, 06:09 PM) *
My Sweet Jesus! That was absolutely awesome!!!! biggrin.gif
Great attitude in your playing and also some nice improvisation in there! smile.gif

I have to watch it again now!! laugh.gif

PS. Maybe you could upload this vid at YouTube? The guys with slower internet might think 20 Mb takes to long to download.

Thank you Marcus ... i'm really glad you like it !!

True, 20MB is kind of big, but the sound is better as on youtube smile.gif .. i have uploaded the video to my youtube account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBBympG7lsw

+Quote Post
Darfuria
May 6 2008, 06:01 PM
Fantastic job there man!

Just re-watched... that was awesome. You have a fantastic sound. 100% jealous!

This post has been edited by Darfuria: May 6 2008, 06:04 PM

--------------------
Want a website for you or your band? http://www.websiteformyband.com

+Quote Post
Canis
May 6 2008, 06:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
Awesome played biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 6 2008, 07:32 PM
GMC Founder
Very nicely done wrk biggrin.gif - couldn't hear anything but music in there!! Your playing is really promising.

I am very proud that our tune already has insipred some of you guys to come up with awesome variations, improvisations and melodies. More people should try this out - we want to hear all your takes! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
May 6 2008, 07:35 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
Great !!!

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 6 2008, 09:18 PM
Instructor
I loved it! biggrin.gif
Very very very very well done smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
USAMAN
May 6 2008, 09:30 PM
Clap...Clap...Clap......etc..
Very well done!

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
May 6 2008, 09:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
*bows down*

Very well done! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
wrk
May 6 2008, 10:03 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Wao ... thank you so much guys ... i am really happy about all your kind comments.

Like Kris said, i would love to hear some other takes as well. This tune is so much fun to play.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
May 6 2008, 10:05 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Good one wrk- your playing is brilliant!

+Quote Post
JVM
May 6 2008, 10:14 PM
Learning Roadie
Wow, that was awesome dude! Very well done. I can't play as well as you but I might try my hand at doing a bit slower take of the song.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
wrk
May 8 2008, 09:30 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (JVM @ May 6 2008, 11:14 PM) *
Wow, that was awesome dude! Very well done. I can't play as well as you but I might try my hand at doing a bit slower take of the song.

JVM - That will be great to hear your take. Some parts of the song are really fast and just insane and i modified it as well to be able to play it. Marcus's 3 Level Neoclassical Lessons were a good help for me ... it is a good example how to keep the same melody, but reduce the amount of notes to a doable level smile.gif ... have fun !!

+Quote Post
StringBender
May 8 2008, 07:14 PM
Freaking awesome!

How long do you play guitar?

--------------------
Guitar: Ibanez Gio
Amp: Kustom
FX: Line 6 Pod X3
DAW: Cubase SE 3, Reason 3
Synth: Roland Fantom X6 Workstation
PC:P4 Win XP Dual 2.6 Ghz 2 GB RAM ATI Radeon 9200

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
May 8 2008, 08:56 PM
Instructor
Awesome take mate !!!! hats off wink.gif

+Quote Post
wrk
May 8 2008, 11:51 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (StringBender @ May 8 2008, 08:14 PM) *
Freaking awesome!

How long do you play guitar?

Thank you !!
I played a lot in the age between 15-21 ... then i stopped more or less because of studies, work, etc..
The last 10 years i didn't played at all ... stupidest thing ever .. I have started again maybe 7-8 months ago.

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
May 9 2008, 02:15 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (wrk @ May 8 2008, 06:51 PM) *
Thank you !!
I played a lot in the age between 15-21 ... then i stopped more or less because of studies, work, etc..
The last 10 years i didn't played at all ... stupidest thing ever .. I have started again maybe 7-8 months ago.

Your comments here sound like my background history as well. laugh.gif wink.gif This was just a great take my friend. You should be very, very proud of this. Excellent tone and volume control. Vibrato was great and very tasteful. tongue.gif

I am working on this with a friend here at GMC and we will be posting soon, I hope this month. You have motivated me even more.

I hope you will take the time to listen and comment on my tracks when they are up.

Great job!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:02 AM