Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lesson Request, Would be really cool
TylerT
post May 8 2008, 03:16 AM
Post #1

Guitar Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.856

I (and im sure alot of other people) would really love to see a Jason Becker lesson. He is just (or was) such an epic player with so much feeling and talent. He is definately my top inspiration (your up there too biggrin.gif ) and always will be. listening to his playing im sure you could make an outstanding lesson with many techniques. You could even try a Cacophony lesson with Friedman and Beckers technique combined, i don't know. And PS im not really REQUESTING you do this, its just a thought.

--------------------
My Website
My Youtube

Main Guitars:
- Agile Interceptor Pro 725
- EBMM John Petrucci Signature
- Axl Badwater

Amps/Effects:
- Avid Eleven Rack
- Hughes & Kettner Switchblade
- Pod X3 Live
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
post May 8 2008, 07:09 AM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.927

QUOTE (TylerT @ May 8 2008, 04:16 AM) *
I (and im sure alot of other people) would really love to see a Jason Becker lesson. He is just (or was) such an epic player with so much feeling and talent. He is definately my top inspiration (your up there too biggrin.gif ) and always will be. listening to his playing im sure you could make an outstanding lesson with many techniques. You could even try a Cacophony lesson with Friedman and Beckers technique combined, i don't know. And PS im not really REQUESTING you do this, its just a thought.

... and a great thought it is! Thanks Tyler! biggrin.gif Jason is definitely one of my favorite guitarists, and he's been a great influence to me ever since I started playing guitar. I've actually thought about doing a "In the style of Becker-lesson" for several months. But I haven't yet come up with something that is good enough to put his name on... but now that you mentioned it, I'll work harder on this! Can't promise I can do it, but I'll give it my best shot smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
TylerT
post May 11 2008, 04:51 AM
Post #3

Guitar Hero

Member No.: 2.856

QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ May 7 2008, 10:09 PM) *
... and a great thought it is! Thanks Tyler! biggrin.gif Jason is definitely one of my favorite guitarists, and he's been a great influence to me ever since I started playing guitar. I've actually thought about doing a "In the style of Becker-lesson" for several months. But I haven't yet come up with something that is good enough to put his name on... but now that you mentioned it, I'll work harder on this! Can't promise I can do it, but I'll give it my best shot smile.gif

Your right it would be quite a complex and technical lesson. Good to know your thinking about it though, he is my greatest influence. I'm sure the lessons your currently working on are awesome as always, so keep it up.

PS: After rewatching and going through a few more of your videos I can see he was a big influence on you tongue.gif

--------------------
My Website
My Youtube

Main Guitars:
- Agile Interceptor Pro 725
- EBMM John Petrucci Signature
- Axl Badwater

Amps/Effects:
- Avid Eleven Rack
- Hughes & Kettner Switchblade
- Pod X3 Live

+Quote Post
Pizzoaro
post May 12 2008, 11:18 PM
Post #4

GMC:er

Member No.: 3.577

Hey marcus

Since we are first talking about lesson suggestions... how about..

Winding roads fullsong?
Load for life riffs?

I believe many GMC:ers would really like a fullsong of winding roads, its an awesome song:)

-Lars

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!

+Quote Post
Déjà vu
post Jul 15 2008, 03:58 AM
Post #5

GMC:er

Member No.: 5.466

I don't know if you can make an "In the Style of Jason Becker" lesson... Because, I think I might pass out OF EXCITEMENT biggrin.gif blink.gif !!! If I saw that on the front page I would probably practice it every day for the rest of the year! This lesson "thought" definitely has my approval biggrin.gif (and I have felt on lack of Becker presence on GMC as well wink.gif .) I hope my dream gets made a reality smile.gif wink.gif .

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
post Jul 15 2008, 07:34 AM
Post #6

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2.484

it will be amazing !!!! love Jason too smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2017 - 07:54 PM