> From Ashes, Hometown band trying to make it. Give me your thoughts
skennington
post May 13 2008, 03:19 AM
Post #1

Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.374

Whats up GMC, I'd like to introduce a band playing out of Mt. Holly,NC.called "From Ashes". This is a small town about 15 min. outside of Charlotte. Clinton Cavanas (vocals/rhythm guitar) is an employee of mine and I told him I would get the members of GMC's take on there new Demo. They have been signed by a minor label and have quite a good local following. He gave me there demo CD today and all in all I think it's good but just missing something that I can't put my finger on. Here's a link to there myspace with a few of there songs.

Let me know what you think.

http://www.myspace.com/fromashesbookings

As you can see they are booking quite a few shows.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VinceG
post May 13 2008, 03:23 AM
Post #2

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 973

they sound like any other 90's alternative rock bands. They could either take it as a good thing or bad thing. I find it boring though. Sorry.

This post has been edited by VinceG: May 13 2008, 03:24 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
skennington
post May 13 2008, 03:31 AM
Post #3

Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.374

QUOTE (VinceG @ May 12 2008, 10:23 PM) *
they sound like any other 90's alternative rock bands. They could either take it as a good thing or bad thing. I find it boring though. Sorry.

I'm kinda with you there Vince. Just not alot that makes them stand out. Drop C with hardly no soloing and vocals are predictable throughout the CD. Trying to figure out what is gonna help. They are recording and producing themselves and I think the final mix is hurting them a little.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
post May 13 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #4

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 862

Decent band, not my cup o' tea. Recording was pretty ok quality, musically they don't really stand out of the crowd, the vocals sound like he's trying to imitate many of the rock singers out there that are already generic. Not trying to bash or be a pr!ck or anything, they are much better than 99% of the bands on Oahu(I really only like one local band here). I just think they just need to sit down and think about what they have to offer to the music industry that is unique, then write songs focusing on that unique aspect(s), and practice the hell out of the songs. IMO that would get them pretty far.

But if they are doing what they believe in more power to em. But I think if they want to "make it" they have alot more work to do.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 10:13 AM